Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 11:59 AM

365 posts, read 1,403,781 times

Advertisements

Those are two of my favorite buildings downtown! I've always been a fan of art deco buildings, so naturally, I'm a huge fan of the old Isaly's Dairy headquarters.

I drove past here on Saturday and it is beginning to look a little better with the new paint that's going on. I wonder how far they're going to go with this...

Unfortunately I wasn't successful in capturing anything worthwhile on my excursion through Crab Creek. The light was horrible and I was a little distracted by the whistle blow that was going on downtown. I'll try again this Spring when there's leaves on the vines and surrounding trees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 06:11 PM

5,514 posts, read 9,513,851 times
Thanks for the new pictures! Did they use a high gloss paint for the orange in the Uhaul logo, or is that a trick of the light? I think it would look great at night, if they would reactivate those lights.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastonestanding View Post
You take some wonderful pictures.... Excellent photography...
If you're referring to me, thank you. But you should look through Sigma's photos!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:18 PM

I think so, JR_C... at least it appeared to be. I hope they paint the rest of the building too, or at least the recessed sections that run up through the glass block. If that's even possible. I'm not sure if that's how they did it originally or not.

I agree 100% on the lighting, in fact, I'd like to see more lighting on a lot of the buildings downtown. The Realty looks great all lit up!

Old 11-30-2011, 07:36 AM

374 posts, read 1,126,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
If you're referring to me, thank you. But you should look through Sigma's photos!
Yes I was and your welcome.... And I will check out Sigma's photographs....

Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 AM

374 posts, read 1,126,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma CTS View Post
Those are two of my favorite buildings downtown! I've always been a fan of art deco buildings, so naturally, I'm a huge fan of the old Isaly's Dairy headquarters.

I drove past here on Saturday and it is beginning to look a little better with the new paint that's going on. I wonder how far they're going to go with this...

Unfortunately I wasn't successful in capturing anything worthwhile on my excursion through Crab Creek. The light was horrible and I was a little distracted by the whistle blow that was going on downtown. I'll try again this Spring when there's leaves on the vines and surrounding trees.
What ISO did you set your camera on?????

Old 11-30-2011, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastonestanding View Post
What ISO did you set your camera on?????
ISO was 100, there was some post shot editing done here too.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:50 AM

1,758 posts, read 3,840,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
What minicipal garage? Are you referring to the parking garage owned by the Frangos Group?

BTW, the Isaly Dairy/Uhaul Building has been spruced up lately, and doesn't look quite so run down anymore.

I'm glad that the Isaly's / U-Haul is getting cleaned up. That building always intrigued me when I passed by on I-680. I rented a trailer from them a little over a year ago, and finally got to see the building close-up.

What was the building across the street from it, originally? It was better-than-average for its day, too.

I'm not from Y-Town. I just go there occasionally. I'm sickened by how far the Wick Park housing and the adjacent historical district across 5th have slid since I first saw them in summer of 2005. What a waste!

Oops, yes, might have been Frangos Group's. I think it was this one.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma CTS View Post
I think so, JR_C... at least it appeared to be. I hope they paint the rest of the building too, or at least the recessed sections that run up through the glass block. If that's even possible. I'm not sure if that's how they did it originally or not.

I agree 100% on the lighting, in fact, I'd like to see more lighting on a lot of the buildings downtown. The Realty looks great all lit up!
I'm pretty sure those are the original colors/face of the tile. I think the recessed area around the glass block was the same accent color as the horizontal stripes.

So, I hope they don't do any more painting. So far, it looks like they only painted surfaces that were already painted before. (the whole building could use a good cleaning, though)

Old 11-30-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorryIMovedBack View Post
I'm glad that the Isaly's / U-Haul is getting cleaned up. That building always intrigued me when I passed by on I-680. I rented a trailer from them a little over a year ago, and finally got to see the building close-up.

What was the building across the street from it, originally? It was better-than-average for its day, too.

I'm not from Y-Town. I just go there occasionally. I'm sickened by how far the Wick Park housing and the adjacent historical district across 5th have slid since I first saw them in summer of 2005. What a waste!

Oops, yes, might have been Frangos Group's. I think it was this one.
Well, there is a lot of buzz in that neighborhood lately. I'm restoring one of the houses on Wick Park, and I know there are a number of other houses east of the park that are also being renovated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio