Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 07:53 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,227,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Skyline arguments are kinda silly, since most of their buildings were funded by the greed of banks and insurance companies at the expense of regular people. I do like the look of Toledo's skyline, with its small-city charm and waterfront location.
umm ok...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 08:01 PM

14,724 posts, read 14,701,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
umm ok...
I've seen your work on the City vs City forum. You may want to quit while you're behind.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:09 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,227,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I've seen your work on the City vs City forum. You may want to quit while you're behind.
My arguments are realistic i say good things about cleveland, cincy and every other city but i am not bias with my work. I will speak up when i see something wrong for example a wrong percentage of a number or just stuff like that.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:06 PM

372 posts, read 467,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
umm ok...
umm ok... it was their opinion. If you had a problem with it or didn't agree with it, I wonder why you took the time to quote them.

Definition of opinion:

-A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

Old 02-24-2013, 05:20 PM

20 posts, read 24,252 times
Ohio skylines.... Like the cities themselves, they are totally different... I personally am a big fan of all three 3C skylines.... Cleveland... By far, the tallest skyline, with Key Tower, being among the tallest 100 in the US, and the Terminal Tower being a classic, beautiful tall centerpiece... It could use a few more tall towers to maybe make it a bit more balanced, as there are the tall 3, and a couple mids, then it's just high rises... The lakefront, and the stadiums most definitely add to the overall view, and appearance.... I've seen some shots of the skyline taken from the lake, looking S.E. towards downtown, and it is quite the sight..... Columbus... I like... It does have some height, but it it stretches for like a mile between Nationwide, and the courthouse, kinda like a smaller scale of Atlanta's skyline... I love the Leveque, Huntington, and Nationwide towers, and the rest seem very "typical", boxy, and bland... There is definitely a lack of density, but it is spread out, forming a longer skyline, than other Ohio cities.. It could use some more infill buildings, and truthfully, add a few 700-1000 footers, but I really don't see that in the near future.... Cincinnati.... Beautiful skyline... compact and dense, but starting to spread some... Kudos... With the addition of the Queen City(sorry about the name) Tower, it now has some added, and needed height, along with an eye catcher... It has long been a more historic skyline, with some additions in the 80's and 90's, which was an interesting blend... It, as was said earlier, is most dazzling when you come through that hill in Covington or wherever, and the skyline just all the sudden appears out of nowhere, and pops.... Add to that, just as with Cleveland, the stadiums, and then add the riverfront and the bridges, and the hills as a backdrop, and you have one of the most beautiful skylines in the country... So, for height, if that is your thing, Cleveland, For all around scenery, natural, and manmade, Cincinnati, and, well Columbus just has a nice skyline, that if improved upon, could possibly be better, as there is a lot of space downtown, that could be turned into some good towers, but for now, it's good, but still lacks somewhat.... Dayton, Akron, and Toledo, while they do have high rise skylines, lack skyscrapers, height, density to make a great skyline, but, hey, at least they do have something, because some cities, with the same populations, don't have what they have, but they still are not on the level as the skylines of the 3C's..... My choice, Cincinnati!!!!!!

Old 02-24-2013, 07:00 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,478,852 times
Dayton's skyline looks best when approaching from the west on 35. That's, by far, the city's best profile.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:18 AM

4,497 posts, read 6,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Dayton's skyline looks best when approaching from the west on 35. That's, by far, the city's best profile.
I agree. Dayton looks pretty cool coming in on 35.

Cincinnati has the best skyline in Ohio, IMO.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:10 AM

908 posts, read 1,422,394 times
Of course Cincinnati has the best skyline. The rest of the state has to get it from there.

[I hope you realize that this was a joke.]

Old 02-25-2013, 02:51 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,034,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxdtdemon View Post
Of course Cincinnati has the best skyline. The rest of the state has to get it from there.

[I hope you realize that this was a joke.]
We got it, but, either way (5-Way?), your observation's right on the money.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:23 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,174,724 times
The thread title's redundancy is horrific
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio