Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 11:18 PM

89 posts, read 372,262 times

Advertisements

I have lived in Warren for a while now, but now I am moving to Sheffield Lake. It seemed like an OK place to live, but after actually being here all the time, my family and I hate it. We don't care much for the public schools and we found that people here seem to be a bit racist against Hispanics. Theres not much to do and shopping for the foods we eat was hard to find. We are moving back to Lorain county. Anyone have any thoughts on Sheffield Lake?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 11:04 PM

160 posts, read 644,307 times
sorry to hear things didnt work out for you.im a little surprised at the racist problem since warren schools are pretty much 50-50 as far as race goes. good luck!

Old 10-29-2007, 11:22 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,937,749 times
Dawnie,

I'm sorry to hear you are leaving too! I was a little concerned about the area of town you picked........but it doesn't sound like that was most of your problem. I hope no one treated you bad just because you are Hispanic. There just aren't a lot of Hispanics in this area........i myself only know a few Puerto Ricans and they are all from Youngstown. I don't want to sound racist, because I'm not, but if i see people other than black or white, i sort of do a double take. This is because it is very rare to see that kind of diversity in this area. I've been reading a thread in the Pittsburgh forum about diversity and the 'burgh's lack of a Hispanic population. To me it sounds a lot like the warren area. Again, i hope no one was flat out mean or racist to you and your family. Hopefully if you got any looks or double-takes it was out of curiosity, not because they thought less of you for being Hispanic. Good luck finding a new home, sorry warren wasn't right for you.

Cort

Old 10-29-2007, 11:52 AM

4 posts, read 30,924 times
sorry to hear you are leaving, I just visited warren from california last week seemed to be a nice town! Still concidering moving there. Any insight you can give me would be great, we have no children so schools are not important to us. Good Luck I hope you find what you are looking for peace on you

Old 10-31-2007, 09:09 AM

Hi Dan! So you came to visit warren last week? What parts of town did you visit? As you may have heard this area is a little depressed, but the cost of living and location are a plus. What are you planning on doing for a living? If you're not sure i would suggest you get a job before you move here. Anyway, just wanted to let you know i could probably be of help to you if you are moving to the area. If you have any questions just ask!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:02 PM

13 posts, read 39,683 times
LOL, when you first got on here you were so positive about Warren. sorry it didn't work out, but comparing your first posts to this one is very funny. OHHHHH how things change. LOL

Old 02-05-2008, 07:52 PM

I liked Dawnie, but she definitely picked the wrong side of town....off summit st. Not to sound rude, but that area is mostly old people and renters. Most of these renters are single parent homes where the kids run the streets. Also, there is a lot of drug activity over there. I'm not saying it's the only area w/drug activity, but i wouldn't live over there. Also, i believe she had only been living down here fulltime since school started in the fall, a couple months just isn't enough in my mind, i think she would have liked it much better if she was located in a better area and if her kids went better schools.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 PM

she wouldve been better to go up the parkman rd. area on the nw end going up by little macs and the golden gate. i would live on the SW side before i lived on those streets off west market where she did.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,713 times
Default Buying a motel in warren

[quote=CortlandGirl79;1

Dear Madam, I am looking forward to buy a motel business youngstown road se warren, can you please provide more details of this area, how is the business, crime, market competition, economy.
Cause soon i will be moving to warren.

thanks

[email]Shane07307@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 09-02-2008, 01:45 AM

where on youngstown rd.?? if its out towards the eastwood mall the are is ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio