Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 12:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,071 times

Advertisements

Hi I am a Miami University Nursing Student and I am gathering resident views regarding the Fairfield community. Your input is greatly appreciated.

How do you rate the community of Fairfield, Ohio? (1-5)

What do you see as weaknesses?

What do you see as strengths?

Thank You all in advance

Jill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 01:20 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,050,896 times
First of all, what are your important goals/aspirations, both employment-wise and otherwise? For example, will you be seeking a job within the area around and east of MU or are you also open to larger swaths of the Cincinnati metro? Why Fairfield, for example (vs. other NW Cincy suburbs/exburbs)? Believe me, nothing wrong with Fairfield, if it seems right for you--but why Fairfield?

Old 04-12-2013, 03:24 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,919,566 times
You should ask this in the Cincinnati subforum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill23 View Post
How do you rate the community of Fairfield, Ohio? (1-5)

What do you see as weaknesses?
Bland, boring, no character, auto-dependent

What do you see as strengths?
Fairly diverse for suburbia; high Latino population for the region. Jungle Jims is pretty awesome.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:32 PM

5,301 posts, read 5,285,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
You should ask this in the Cincinnati subforum.
Jungle Jims is the only redeeming quality of Fairfield and the entire Northwestern Suburbs of Cincy...otherwise its just bland sprawlburbia with cookie cutter developments and strip shopping centers.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:40 PM

865 posts, read 1,480,448 times
I grew up in Fairdield, and I pretty much agree with what the other posters have said.

Fairfield is just another boring, bland suburb. It's all tract housing, split level houses, chain restaurants, and car dealerships. It's only real redeeming qualities are Jungle Jims and the fact that Cincinnati Financial Corporation is headquartered there.

If that is the kind of envirnment you want, then Fairfield is great. It is safe and the schools are good. But if you want to go to unique restaurants, live in an architecturally beautiful house, or live in more of an urban area then you will hate it.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:33 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,050,896 times
Agree with both ohioaninsc and CinciFan... Fairfield is neither here or there or anywhere, really; it just is. (If you so desire suburbia, slurbia, or whatever, you'll gravitate towards a nondescript place like Fairfield--but, hopefully, that's not your case.) Please consider drawing inward towards Cincinnati, itself, for a far more rewarding employment and personal experience.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:46 PM

2,582 posts, read 2,928,678 times
The good: It's the best place in Butler County for a young professional to live.

The bad: It's bland and there are at least a dozen places that are better for a young professional to live in Hamilton County.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:11 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,919,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyExpert View Post
The good: It's the best place in Butler County for a young professional to live.
I'd rather live in Hamilton or Middletown!

Old 04-29-2013, 06:31 AM

1 posts, read 1,903 times
FAIRFIELD has been deteriorating in the character of its residents for years and is rapidly getting worse.
The police department is either inept or deliberately turns a blind eye to the criminal acts of some of its "favorite sons" by harassing the victims of those chosen few!
And, the court system isn't any better...depending on who you are, the penalty for crimes or alleged crimes runs from severe to no punishment at all.
After 25 years in Fairfield, I abandoned my Fairfield home and moved several counties away.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:38 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,193,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
I'd rather live in Hamilton or Middletown!
Agreed. No way I would choose Fairfield over Hamilton or Middletown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio