Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2013, 12:46 PM

3,416 posts, read 5,150,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
^I was just stating how some people don't agree with gay marriage.. no big deal to me either way. live and let live. i personally think being gay is some sort of defect. the human race would become extinct if everyone was gay, so i guess (according to bjimmy24) im backwards.
Interesting. So are people who choose not to have children defective, because the human race wouldn't exist if everyone chose not to have children?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 01:07 PM

11,077 posts, read 12,529,987 times
Quote:
^bjimmy24, really? many people feel gay marriage is wrong. many peoples faith teaches them its wrong . just saying.. but by you saying/thinking people are backwards for being against gay marriage suggests you are not looking at the big picture, "brah"...
If it makes you feel better, your faith is backwards too. Brah.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
^ yes, but mainly in the middle east under some/most islam teachings. not so much believed by americans.
It's CHristianity too. It's all nonsensical/irrational.

But my point is, I think there are enough backwards people here still that could keep Ohio from voting sensibly.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
i personally think being gay is some sort of defect. the human race would become extinct if everyone was gay, so i guess (according to bjimmy24) im backwards.
Correct.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:50 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,199,307 times
Quote:
^I was just stating how some people don't agree with gay marriage.. no big deal to me either way. live and let live. i personally think being gay is some sort of defect. the human race would become extinct if everyone was gay, so i guess (according to bjimmy24) im backwards.
I think this statement underscores the fundamental difference between the way rational and irrational people think, in general. It really doesn't take a whole lot of sense to realize that human relationships are about far more than simply procreating. However, the "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" diatribe is inevitably what the conversation on the "Christian" right is dumbed down to. When, in reality, it is none of your damn business how two consenting adults feel about each other or how they wish to define their relationship. And, while it is not biologically possible for a gay couple to reproduce, it is exceedingly possible for them to love and care for a child who was summarily discarded by 2 heterosexual scumbags with compatible reproductive anatomy. For that reason alone, they should be afforded the same rights as a dude and a chick on a fling.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:24 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,388,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
If it makes you feel better, your faith is backwards too. Brah.
I don't have a faith I follow for the record. but I think its funny how upset you get when someone disagrees with something like gay marriage.. as I said earlier, I personally don't care. my point was many people don't agree with you.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
It's CHristianity too. It's all nonsensical/irrational.

But my point is, I think there are enough backwards people here still that could keep Ohio from voting sensibly.
this is YOUR personal opinion. should we call you backwards if we disagree?

Old 11-15-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland_Collector View Post
I think this statement underscores the fundamental difference between the way rational and irrational people think, in general. It really doesn't take a whole lot of sense to realize that human relationships are about far more than simply procreating. However, the "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" diatribe is inevitably what the conversation on the "Christian" right is dumbed down to. When, in reality, it is none of your damn business how two consenting adults feel about each other or how they wish to define their relationship. And, while it is not biologically possible for a gay couple to reproduce, it is exceedingly possible for them to love and care for a child who was summarily discarded by 2 heterosexual scumbags with compatible reproductive anatomy. For that reason alone, they should be afforded the same rights as a dude and a chick on a fling.
again, this is your opinion. and your opinion can be rational or irrational depending on who you give it to.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:51 AM

as I said earlier, I don't care either way about gay marriage. whatever makes someone happy/love in a relationship is a good thing. .. I will say this however, I do believe most of Americas problems and negative social issues, can be directly attributed to the breakdown of the American family. too many babies not having tools to succeed. too many babies with no fathers or mothers. kids that don't know who daddy is. nobody is teaching johnny right from wrong. nobody making sure johnny does his homework and goes to school. uneducated children having more children, and the cycle is worsening. entitlements and the expectation that the working stiff should fund these folks with our tax dollars. why don't we fix or fight to fix this root cause? ... oh that's right, we as a country are still arguing about abortion and gun control instead of the root cause, imo "the breakdown of the American family".

Old 11-15-2013, 08:23 AM

Quote:
this is YOUR personal opinion. should we call you backwards if we disagree?
Oh man, if you REALLY want me to send you a list of everything that makes your religion a terrible, backwards thing, I guess I could do that....

Yes, you an call me backwards, but you don't have anything to base it on really. Though nothing you say to me could possibly offend me now that you've shown your true colors. Obtaining your respect is pretty low on my list here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio