Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 03:04 PM

131 posts, read 169,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
It's not that I've claimed victory, it's just that apparently the RNC thinks that we are a better city than Cincy or Cbus .
Why be so arrogant? Cincinnati just didn't meet the criteria enough in time, Cincinnati wouldve been perfect city for this, republican city in a swing state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 03:11 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,044,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Like I stated earlier, why didn't you call all this ''insider'' behind-the-scenes info out prior to Cinci bailing out of the bid for the RNC? You seemed pretty confident that Cinci would land the convention prior to Thursday. The ''insider'' info I'm referring to is not the aged arena or streetcar, but the Barrett nonsense you only bring out now. Sounds like you have a major case of sour grapes, aka being jealous that CLE made the final round and Cinci had to drop-out.

Cinci's not interested in the DNC either only because the same issue will come up: bad arena. Cbus, same issues will keep the DNC away that kept the RNC away.
So exactly what's your "punch line" here? Both Cincinnati's "arena deficiencies" and its "streetcar dreams" were: (1) well-known and; (2) either downplayed or orchestrated by one John F. Barrett for his own self-serving purposes.

Therefore, exactly what is it that you still don't understand about this,"Cincy's withdrawal--just how many times does it need to be explained? This "RNC promotion" was predominantly John Barrett's self-serving agenda to showcase his own company's impressive holdings within the SE quadrant of Cincinnati's CBD. So please let it go. Cincy's "loss" was originally intended to be Barrett's "gain," but these things just didn't happen.

Last edited by motorman; 05-24-2014 at 03:20 PM..

Old 05-24-2014, 05:26 PM

3,417 posts, read 5,156,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergodela View Post
Why be so arrogant? Cincinnati just didn't meet the criteria enough in time, Cincinnati wouldve been perfect city for this, republican city in a swing state.
Not being arrogant, just stating the facts. You guys lost because your city didn't have (literally) the right stuff. Cleveland did.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:46 AM

^ ...z-zz-zz-z-z-zzz-z-z-zz-zz-zzz-zz-z-z-z...

Old 05-25-2014, 07:17 AM

152 posts, read 187,850 times
Someone on here has the emotional insecurity of a middle school boy, "we win, you lose, in your face!" Why don't you go calm down and listen to the Michael Stanley Band for a while. I for one am happy for you guys and truly hope Cleveland ultimately wins the GOP convention. I would be happy for Ohio. In order to succeed on a national or even international level our state needs to get along and promote itself better. I might even have come around to thinking Columbus has some redeeming qualities. I really don't think it surprises anyone US Bank Arena fell short being able to accommodate the convention. I knew that was our Achilles' tendon all along. Other than that we stack up nicely to most cities in the country.

Old 05-25-2014, 09:41 AM

131 posts, read 169,297 times
Cleverfeild your city hasn't even won yet, so when cleveland looses can we tell you cleveland didn't win because they didn't have the right stuff?

Old 05-25-2014, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergodela View Post
Cleverfeild your city hasn't even won yet, so when cleveland looses can we tell you cleveland didn't win because they didn't have the right stuff?
Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that Cleveland beat Cincinnati.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by immersedincincy View Post
Someone on here has the emotional insecurity of a middle school boy, "we win, you lose, in your face!" Why don't you go calm down and listen to the Michael Stanley Band for a while. I for one am happy for you guys and truly hope Cleveland ultimately wins the GOP convention. I would be happy for Ohio. In order to succeed on a national or even international level our state needs to get along and promote itself better. I might even have come around to thinking Columbus has some redeeming qualities. I really don't think it surprises anyone US Bank Arena fell short being able to accommodate the convention. I knew that was our Achilles' tendon all along. Other than that we stack up nicely to most cities in the country.
There's a certain attitude in Cincinnati like you're better than everyone else. Just trying to bring reality to the situation that Cleveland, the city that people love to malign and mock, actually beat you guys.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Quote:
No comment from the Cinci faction? You talked a big game, and now that you lost you're keeping your mouth shut huh?
Quote:
I think you're missing the point here. That point is that Cleveland simply beat you guys .
Quote:
It's not that I've claimed victory, it's just that apparently the RNC thinks that we are a better city than Cincy or Cbus .
Quote:
Not being arrogant, just stating the facts. You guys lost because your city didn't have (literally) the right stuff. Cleveland did.
Quote:
Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that Cleveland beat Cincinnati.
Quote:
There's a certain attitude in Cincinnati like you're better than everyone else. Just trying to bring reality to the situation that Cleveland, the city that people love to malign and mock, actually beat you guys.
^ ...just one observation. In these, your repetitive and tiresome assaults on Cincinnati, Cleverfield, you've actually revealed a great deal about your own obsessive envy of the Queen City. (Now--my question--are you pleased?)

Last edited by motorman; 05-25-2014 at 01:53 PM..

Old 05-25-2014, 04:33 PM

14,761 posts, read 14,750,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
^ ...just one observation. In these, your repetitive and tiresome assaults on Cincinnati, Cleverfield, you've actually revealed a great deal about your own obsessive envy of the Queen City. (Now--my question--are you pleased?)
So what does that say about your own tiresome assaults on Columbus, motorman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio