Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2014, 07:04 PM

4,823 posts, read 4,949,907 times

Advertisements

I do hope now that Cleveland is the only convention city in 2016. Let CLE enjoy its well-deserved moment of national attention without COL distracting from it with its DNC. Try again for 2020, or 2024, when CIN might be back in the game
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 10:35 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,083,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
After both COL and CIN were eliminated from the RNC competition there should have been an endorsement or support from each city to have the RNC in Cleveland; there was not a peep of support for CLE from its ''peer'' C cities and last week's Enquirer editorial summed it all up. Thanks a lot for the support Ohio, especially COL and CIN.
Because clearly no one supported you if you didn't read it in a gratuitous article in the Dispatch. Way to be above it all.

You're basically exactly the problem on this forum. Regardless of what rivalry may or may not exist outside of the internet, people like yourself do everything they can to keep it going here. It's petty, it's selfish and it's ridiculously immature. Ohio deserves better.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:20 AM

152 posts, read 187,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Because clearly no one supported you if you didn't read it in a gratuitous article in the Dispatch. Way to be above it all.

You're basically exactly the problem on this forum. Regardless of what rivalry may or may not exist outside of the internet, people like yourself do everything they can to keep it going here. It's petty, it's selfish and it's ridiculously immature. Ohio deserves better.
Touché

Old 07-16-2014, 12:40 PM

[quote=jbcmh81;35669049] Because clearly no one supported you if you didn't read it in a gratuitous article in the Dispatch. Way to be above it all.

You're basically exactly the problem on this forum. Regardless of what rivalry may or may not exist outside of the internet, people like yourself do everything they can to keep it going here. It's petty, it's selfish and it's ridiculously immature. Ohio deserves better.[/QUOTE

You're in a snit because you can't produce one article of support for CLE's RNC bid, let alone a positive article, from the COL media. Same goes in CIN. CLE has no friend in COL or CIN; certainly not the respective local governments or media, and the populations of these places.

I was also responding to the CIN post that stated there was no rivalry at all and why be jealous of CLE sentiment. CLE's good news this past week has driven COL and CIN to be green with envy.

The upshot is, for COL and CIN, and most of the country, that CLE pulled it off while no one saw it coming or would believe it. CLE has a tough national reputation and COL and CIN are more than happy to join in the CLE bashing. The run down rust belt city on the dirty lake is a thing of the past, so COL and CIN better get used it.

Not one official hat's off to CLE from COL or CIN. Most of the sentiment, if any, is that it's a strategy move and not because CLE has become a great city again to visit.

CLE, do not support COL's DNC bid! If so, let the DNC enjoy the sights and flatness of central Ohio. I'm sure Easton will have tons of unique things for delegates to enjoy after spending two nights in the Short North. CIN won't be in the game until, at a minimum, that Ford Administration-era arena is replaced.

COL and CIN put CLE down out of jealousy. What you call immaturity and selfishness, I call facts. So all should reconsider making statements that CIN and COL support and are not envious of CLE, especially after this past week and then maybe I won't ''keep it going here.'' I'm sure the COL and CIN media will report all negative glitches or issues that come up with the convention the next 2 years, hoping CLE can't do a good job and pull off a spectacular convention.

There's a lot of work needed down there in COL and CIN to attain your ''Ohio Unity'' theme.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:

You're in a snit because you can't produce one article of support for CLE's RNC bid, let alone a positive article, from the COL media. Same goes in CIN. CLE has no friend in COL or CIN; certainly not the respective local governments or media, and the populations of these places.

I was also responding to the CIN post that stated there was no rivalry at all and why be jealous of CLE sentiment. CLE's good news this past week has driven COL and CIN to be green with envy.

The upshot is, for COL and CIN, and most of the country, that CLE pulled it off while no one saw it coming or would believe it. CLE has a tough national reputation and COL and CIN are more than happy to join in the CLE bashing. The run down rust belt city on the dirty lake is a thing of the past, so COL and CIN better get used it.

Not one official hat's off to CLE from COL or CIN. Most of the sentiment, if any, is that it's a strategy move and not because CLE has become a great city again to visit.

CLE, do not support COL's DNC bid! If so, let the DNC enjoy the sights and flatness of central Ohio. I'm sure Easton will have tons of unique things for delegates to enjoy after spending two nights in the Short North. CIN won't be in the game until, at a minimum, that Ford Administration-era arena is replaced.

COL and CIN put CLE down out of jealousy. What you call immaturity and selfishness, I call facts. So all should reconsider making statements that CIN and COL support and are not envious of CLE, especially after this past week and then maybe I won't ''keep it going here.'' I'm sure the COL and CIN media will report all negative glitches or issues that come up with the convention the next 2 years, hoping CLE can't do a good job and pull off a spectacular convention.

There's a lot of work needed down there in COL and CIN to attain your ''Ohio Unity'' theme.
I honestly haven't even bothered to look for any because I don't think it's any indication of what you claim it is. I imagine most people felt the same as me, in that if it's not going to be in my hometown, it might as well stay in Ohio. I repeated that several times here before Cleveland won, and I congratulated Cleveland as soon as I heard the news (still waiting on your apology on that one). The media is not under any obligation to cater to your personal insecurities on perceived support, nor am I or anyone else for that matter. You have no ground to stand on to pontificate on anyone else's reaction to Cleveland when you have proven that you're more than willing and happy to throw everyone else under the bus for a perceived slight.

I have no doubt that there were people that were rooting against Cleveland, just as you are now rooting against Columbus. As time goes on, I really have less and less tolerance for those types of attitudes. All 3-Cs, and indeed the rest of the states' cities, have their positives and negatives. This all or nothing bs neither serves the best interests of the cities nor does it for the state.

Old 07-16-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I honestly haven't even bothered to look for any because I don't think it's any indication of what you claim it is. I imagine most people felt the same as me, in that if it's not going to be in my hometown, it might as well stay in Ohio. I repeated that several times here before Cleveland won, and I congratulated Cleveland as soon as I heard the news (still waiting on your apology on that one). The media is not under any obligation to cater to your personal insecurities on perceived support, nor am I or anyone else for that matter. You have no ground to stand on to pontificate on anyone else's reaction to Cleveland when you have proven that you're more than willing and happy to throw everyone else under the bus for a perceived slight.

I have no doubt that there were people that were rooting against Cleveland, just as you are now rooting against Columbus. As time goes on, I really have less and less tolerance for those types of attitudes. All 3-Cs, and indeed the rest of the states' cities, have their positives and negatives. This all or nothing bs neither serves the best interests of the cities nor does it for the state.
I know you congratulated CLE in one forum and then copped a 'tude response to a post I made about the Opportunity Corridor a few minutes later; aggressively bashing the OC out of nowhere Just sayin...btw, I certainly don't expect the media to cater to my personal insecurity, its' just an observation about COL and CIN, that's all.

I'll watch the articles etc coming out of COL and CIN about CLE's RNC and the city in general. The articles were already out about CLE jeopardized on the RNC because LeBron is returning; translation is, let's hope this doesn't work out for CLE. Sorry if the truth is upsetting to you.

P.S. Don't bother looking for any positive news stories in COL and CIN about CLE in general and the RNC in particular; they don't exist.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:49 PM

14,689 posts, read 14,665,407 times
Kamms, get over it....for a Cleveland booster who should be reveling in two great coupes for the city this past week you're sure getting petty. All this crabs-in-a-barrel garbage between Ohio's three biggest cities are holding all of them back, not moving your town forward.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Kamms, get over it....for a Cleveland booster who should be reveling in two great coupes for the city this past week you're sure getting petty. All this crabs-in-a-barrel garbage between Ohio's three biggest cities are holding all of them back, not moving your town forward.
Trust me, this is not an issue in my life that I need to get over. Petty? The truth is always contentious. Of course I'm reveling in CLE's great week.

No kudos from the 2 OH cities in the same competition, something CLE would do if it were the other way around. 3 OH cities in competition and the losers never congratulate the winner for a good fight? This is called sour grapes-sore losing. The crabs-in-barrel garbage can be found in Central and SWest OH so your inclusion of CLE in that is misplaced. Only stories about Lebron jeopardizing the RNC.

Why do you suppose it's a lot harder for CIN to lose to CLE (as stated in the Enquirer editorial)? No mention of a good effort to win the battle on CLE's part, just that it's a lot harder to lose to a rust belt city like CLE. Messaged received CIN, but not a surprise.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Trust me, this is not an issue in my life that I need to get over. Petty? The truth is always contentious. Of course I'm reveling in CLE's great week.

No kudos from the 2 OH cities in the same competition, something CLE would do if it were the other way around. 3 OH cities in competition and the losers never congratulate the winner for a good fight? This is called sour grapes-sore losing. The crabs-in-barrel garbage can be found in Central and SWest OH so your inclusion of CLE in that is misplaced. Only stories about Lebron jeopardizing the RNC.

Why do you suppose it's a lot harder for CIN to lose to CLE (as stated in the Enquirer editorial)? No mention of a good effort to win the battle on CLE's part, just that it's a lot harder to lose to a rust belt city like CLE. Messaged received CIN, but not a surprise.
You do realize an editorial is like from one person, right? It's not representative of an entire city. It's one opinion. You're blowing this way, way out of proportion and coming off looking really bad in the process.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:37 PM

3,867 posts, read 3,151,540 times
I think we in Cincy like to bash Cleveland but it is all in good nature, fun and jest at least in my eyes. I use to have a friend from Cleveland when I was in the military and we use to rib each other about his home city. It was all in good fun. All the Clevelanders I met or known to me seem very enlightened so I always have positive regards for them. In football just as the Browns chief rival is the Pittsburgh the Bengals chief rival is Pittsburgh also because of the Steelers dominance of the division over the years. Their fans will let you know that so its feels good when the Bengals are victorious over the Steelers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio