Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2014, 11:11 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,068,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
In the words of the great Obama ..
"We won - you lost, get over it".
I know, because all the issues above can simply be wiped away with the ever mature, Nanananana...

I can't wait for all the fiscally responsible, individual freedom, small government initiatives that will no doubt dominate the GOP platform now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBeltOptimist View Post
I think this is on all of us. Judge Sutton, who wrote the opinion, comes from the Columbus area, Judge Cook, the concurring judge, comes from Akron.

I once again no longer have a family, legally, thanks to the "family values" crowd. The government sure seems to like sticking its nose in my business. At least this will force the Supreme Court to finally take action.
I think that's unfair. This is on Republicans/conservatives. The laughable reasoning behind the ruling was straight out of their playbook. It's about political and social views, not locations. I would say the original 2004 vote was on the citizenry, though.

Old 11-07-2014, 03:06 PM

465 posts, read 658,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I think that's unfair. This is on Republicans/conservatives. The laughable reasoning behind the ruling was straight out of their playbook. It's about political and social views, not locations. I would say the original 2004 vote was on the citizenry, though.
I suppose I meant it's an entire sixth circuit thing, sorry if I got too defensive. I know all three C's and most of the state's other large cities are now opposed to the marriage ban. It might have to go back to the voters again anyway if the Supreme Court rules with the Sixth Circuit. Ohio and other states can then decide if they want to continue a two tier system when it comes to giving people the benefits of marriage in the state. I mentioned somewhere else that I wouldn't move out for transit reasons, but we'll definitely be packing our bags if our family is seen on an equal footing with other families elsewhere but not here.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:32 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
Ohio...ever-progressive on social issues and a beacon of inspiration for the rest of the country SMFH

Old 11-08-2014, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Ohio...ever-progressive on social issues and a beacon of inspiration for the rest of the country SMFH
A handful of judges are not representative of anything. For the record, in the last 25 cases from the 6th that went to SCOTUS, 24 of them were overturned. They seem to be wrong on issues all the time.

Old 11-08-2014, 08:29 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,393,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I know, because all the issues above can simply be wiped away with the ever mature, Nanananana...

I can't wait for all the fiscally responsible, individual freedom, small government initiatives that will no doubt dominate the GOP platform now.

another quote from our great leader... “You don’t like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. Push to change it.
Looks like the American people have spoken and rejected the agenda of this administration and this president..

Old 11-08-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
another quote from our great leader... “You don’t like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. Push to change it.
Looks like the American people have spoken and rejected the agenda of this administration and this president..

Why do you think the bigger problem is that Democrats did not vote in large numbers rather than Republicans putting into leadership positions people like this:

“Almighty God, please bless Lowes Home Improvement stores for their wise decision to stop advertising for the TV show All-American Muslim, which is nothing but Islamic propaganda designed to whitewash the fact that practitioners of militant Islam not only slaughtered over 3000 American civilians, but routinely kill millions of Christians worldwide.”

“Federal bureaucrats will enforce Obamacare to exterminate the elderly,systematically. We must take a stand.”

“In other words, it doesn’t matter what your skin color is, it matters what’s inside of your heart. And if your heart is full of corruption or sin or immorality — in this case, homosexuality — then you should be discriminated against."

These are just a few quotes from a single guy in Colorado. How is putting these hateful, bigoted and by most counts, certifiable, people in positions of power somehow such good news that it should elicit smileys from you? Is it more important for your party to win than to elect leadership that is not insane and will actually do something positive? How messed up do you have to be to think this is okay?

Old 11-24-2014, 12:26 PM

Columbus named one of three finalists for 2016 Democratic National Convention | The Columbus Dispatch

Well, Columbus has made it to the final 3. Pretty much the exact 3 I expected: Philly, Brooklyn, Columbus.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:20 PM

3,415 posts, read 5,129,247 times
That would be awesome if both conventions were in Ohio.

Old 11-24-2014, 03:41 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,376,312 times
Let's hope Ohio gets both!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio