Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 12:31 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,071,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
I agree. But most posters that have regular recent/personal experience with all 3 C's , are not going to let inaccurate and misleading statements fly.. The way I see it Cleveland posters have listed numerous things they feel trounce cbus and cincy.. As the old saying goes "put up or shut up". Personally I know cleveland has more of everything than the other two and on a larger grander scale.. Cinch is my 2nd choice and cbus 3rd... But I am definitely proud of Ohio and glad we have Toledo,Akron,Dayton etc... Lastly, any new info on the democratic convention?
You don't agree or you wouldn't be doing it. Like with too many others, it's more important to feel like you're better than everywhere else, and it's a childish, unwinnable game. I fully admit that I was part of this problem myself, but I refuse to do it anymore. It's stupid and pointless, and I realized that it really has very little to do with the place in question. It's about ego and trying to get everyone else to stroke it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 06:24 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,377,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You don't agree or you wouldn't be doing it. Like with too many others, it's more important to feel like you're better than everywhere else, and it's a childish, unwinnable game. I fully admit that I was part of this problem myself, but I refuse to do it anymore. It's stupid and pointless, and I realized that it really has very little to do with the place in question. It's about ego and trying to get everyone else to stroke it for you.
You don't know crap about me.. Its about calling out posters who spew bs.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
You don't know crap about me.. Its about calling out posters who spew bs.
I don't have to know your life story to see you engage in the same kind of thing as the people you're purportedly calling out. You fully felt the need to start bashing other cities while propping up where you live, which is exactly what I'm talking about.

Again, there's nothing wrong with being critical of certain developments or real problems within cities (for example, Columbus' lack of transit, or Cleveland's awful Opportunity Corridor or Cincinnati's outdated arena facilities). They all have problems, but they can be discusses in a way that doesn't require the typical, "Well Cleveland may have this problem, but Cincinnati and Columbus suck in comparison" nonsense. And that's almost always what these threads boil down to. No one is secure about where they live enough to accept that kind of thing.

Now, that doesn't mean you can't defend Cleveland if someone says something that's factually untrue or unfair, but don't let it devolve into a 5-year-old contest. It's lame and it hurts the state, imo.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:48 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,446,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I don't have to know your life story to see you engage in the same kind of thing as the people you're purportedly calling out. You fully felt the need to start bashing other cities while propping up where you live, which is exactly what I'm talking about.

Again, there's nothing wrong with being critical of certain developments or real problems within cities (for example, Columbus' lack of transit, or Cleveland's awful Opportunity Corridor or Cincinnati's outdated arena facilities). They all have problems, but they can be discusses in a way that doesn't require the typical, "Well Cleveland may have this problem, but Cincinnati and Columbus suck in comparison" nonsense. And that's almost always what these threads boil down to. No one is secure about where they live enough to accept that kind of thing.

Now, that doesn't mean you can't defend Cleveland if someone says something that's factually untrue or unfair, but don't let it devolve into a 5-year-old contest. It's lame and it hurts the state, imo.
Personally, I ignored this thread until Chet Kincaid expressed this opinion.

<<But Columbus has in its own way surpassed the other 2>>

This is not an uncommon belief in Columbus and it's very perplexing.

Your holier-than-thou perspective is ridiculous IMO.

I would agree if one's only interests in life are Ohio State and the NHL, Columbus would be a wonderful place.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:23 AM

152 posts, read 187,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet_kinkaid View Post
we should organize a league of friendship for fans of ohios big cities.if Ohio stands together,we can be stronger.look at the band of brothers on st crispians day..i propose we all support all 3 cities..because other states like us to be divided.
If you are serious, I am in! Just like the shirt, It's Ohio Against The World!!! BTW started by a Cincinnati guy.

Old 02-07-2015, 12:03 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,377,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by immersedincincy View Post
If you are serious, I am in! Just like the shirt, It's Ohio Against The World!!! BTW started by a Cincinnati guy.
Never heard of that one! Maybe you should try advertising in the states largest national tv market. Cleveland!

Old 02-07-2015, 01:35 PM

There was a shot of a guy wearing an Ohio Against The World sweatshirt during the Sugar Bowl. It went viral on the internet. Pretty sure it was shown on your bigger market TV station.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Personally, I ignored this thread until Chet Kincaid expressed this opinion.

<<But Columbus has in its own way surpassed the other 2>>

This is not an uncommon belief in Columbus and it's very perplexing.

Your holier-than-thou perspective is ridiculous IMO.

I would agree if one's only interests in life are Ohio State and the NHL, Columbus would be a wonderful place.
I figured that the people who typically engage in this stuff would have the biggest problem with me pointing it out and try to get in some potshots.

I engaged in it too in the past, but I didn't see anyone else calling for an end to it.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:00 PM

I'll try to be good too. I've lambasted Columbus a time or two and won't again. There are parts of it that I admire and I wish nothing but the best for it.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:23 AM

3,415 posts, read 5,130,432 times
Too bad guys, it was a nice try.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index....r_democra.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio