Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 08:03 PM

3 posts, read 3,054 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this topic has already been discussed. But I have never been in this situation, and hoping you guys can help me out.

So, I started a full-time job in July 2013, I started as a temporary (probationary period for 90 days). I was hired in as a Regular in October, then I got laid off after Christmas (talk about bad timing). I filed for Unemployment a couple of days after receiving the news. Waited 3 weeks to hear from the unemployment office, and I received a notice that says that I was ineligible for unemployment benefit because of one of these reason:

You worked less than 20 weeks or you made less than $250 a week. I made about $1100 every two weeks. Do they not count the weeks that I started as a temporary? When I received the call from my employer that I was going to be laid off, she stated that I can apply for unemployment and such..

I filed a claim with unemployment about their decision, and it's taking quite a long time for them to get back to me. After calling them and being on hold for hours at a time... I'm beginning to think that I probably won't receive anything from unemployment. I definitely have been job hunting, and we all know that takes awhile, so am I just crap out of luck with this whole unemployment claim?

Anyone know anything about this situation?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 08:19 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,384,002 times
you need to call them (and wait on-hold )and physically speak to someone. according to what you said, you worked 24 wks.. that is enough to receive benefits, you need 20 wks of employment. ask them how many weeks were reported by your employer. sounds like they don't have your full wks reported yet. they will send you a form to list the wks not reported and income grossed. you will need to also send copies of the paystubs for those wks.. second, you need to have been unemployed through no fault of your own (lack of work,etc). third, you must currently be unemployed or partially unemployed at time of filing. hope this helps.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
you need to call them (and wait on-hold )and physically speak to someone. according to what you said, you worked 24 wks.. that is enough to receive benefits, you need 20 wks of employment. ask them how many weeks were reported by your employer. sounds like they don't have your full wks reported yet. they will send you a form to list the wks not reported and income grossed. you will need to also send copies of the paystubs for those wks.. second, you need to have been unemployed through no fault of your own (lack of work,etc). third, you must currently be unemployed or partially unemployed at time of filing. hope this helps.

Thank you!! This does help, it's definitely refreshing...

I will call them on Monday, first thing in the morning. Fingers crossed everything fall in place! Also, I was laid off due to lack of work. Thanks for the help!!!!

Old 02-05-2014, 02:03 PM

Well, I am still ineligible.. Apparently I had to worked at least 20 weeks in between the months of July 2012-September 2013... I started my job in July 2013 and was laid off (no fault of my own) on December 2013. So basically, I'm screwed. Fun stuff.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:47 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,519,791 times
This section of the FAQ from Ohio's unemployment speak of a regular base period and alternate base period. I'm not sure if you would be able to file a new claim since that might allow the alternate method to be used, but it might be worth checking into.

ODJFS Online | Unemployment Compensation FAQ's

Old 05-18-2014, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 824 times
hey everyone ..im new to unemployment process i filed a claim n i answer all there questions n gave them my job search history but for my first week it says in my pay history is $0 dollars paid..how do you kno they accepted your claim or are gonna deny it ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio