Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 02:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,024 times

Advertisements

Hey All!

I just got bitched out by neighbor whose always bitching about someone doing something wrong in the neighborhood...waiting for the township cops to arrive...he stated my cat...but yet the identity is not known for sure has been sitting on the roof of his truck, which is parked outside 24/7. I do have three cats...two are inside outside...one was feral when we picked him up years ago...but does come inside. We didn't take him back after we discovered this, hoping he would stay inside once neutered. Anyhow...he's now stating my cat is sitting on the hood of his truck...and he's going to give me the car wash bills to pay due to the cat...I have no idea its mine...the other thing was the cats doing their business in his yard. I suggested blood meal ...which is what I've used to keep varmints out of my gardens, with success I might add. Next bill I will receive will be from lawn care. I asked him about the water run off from his sub-pump and down spout into my yard, creating the need of digging a small trench down the property line...well, he stated that's not a problem...or how about all the black walnuts that fall in my back yard and creating a hazard to those walking in my yard! That's not a problem...yet if someone is hurt on my property due to those items, it's up to me the homeowner to pay.

This is BS! Last year he picked on the neighbor across the street endlessly...had the cops there many times over stupid stuff...the year before we put our dog down it was the dog...and he was inside the majority of the time. The cops call him the "whiner"....cos they get tired of him too.

My question is ..what are the laws if any for cats...roaming FREE?! According to our local police...we have none but we do have barking dog laws....I need information and feedback...thank you!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 07:47 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,702,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motherearth72 View Post
Hey All!

I just got bitched out by neighbor whose always bitching about someone doing something wrong in the neighborhood...waiting for the township cops to arrive...he stated my cat...but yet the identity is not known for sure has been sitting on the roof of his truck, which is parked outside 24/7. I do have three cats...two are inside outside...one was feral when we picked him up years ago...but does come inside. We didn't take him back after we discovered this, hoping he would stay inside once neutered. Anyhow...he's now stating my cat is sitting on the hood of his truck...and he's going to give me the car wash bills to pay due to the cat...I have no idea its mine...the other thing was the cats doing their business in his yard. I suggested blood meal ...which is what I've used to keep varmints out of my gardens, with success I might add. Next bill I will receive will be from lawn care. I asked him about the water run off from his sub-pump and down spout into my yard, creating the need of digging a small trench down the property line...well, he stated that's not a problem...or how about all the black walnuts that fall in my back yard and creating a hazard to those walking in my yard! That's not a problem...yet if someone is hurt on my property due to those items, it's up to me the homeowner to pay.

This is BS! Last year he picked on the neighbor across the street endlessly...had the cops there many times over stupid stuff...the year before we put our dog down it was the dog...and he was inside the majority of the time. The cops call him the "whiner"....cos they get tired of him too.

My question is ..what are the laws if any for cats...roaming FREE?! According to our local police...we have none but we do have barking dog laws....I need information and feedback...thank you!!

Where are you at? Nothing your neighbor has said rings true....but there may be local differences. He just sounds like a miserable PIA out to get your goat.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:46 PM

908 posts, read 1,417,714 times
I used to pay attention to state politics quite a bit, and whenever anyone proposes a law to restrict cats, it fails, so your neighbor is wrong.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:49 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
I wouldn't be worried about the law......I would be worried that he might poison my cats and keep them inside.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:58 PM

624 posts, read 762,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I wouldn't be worried about the law......I would be worried that he might poison my cats and keep them inside.
Exactly this.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:42 AM

575 posts, read 1,468,264 times
Keep an eye on your cats.

I had an older man (probably 50s) come into the pet store I worked at as a teen and wanted to buy cat traps / poison to kill his neighbor's cat who was clawing his convertible top! He screamed at me and called me a liar when I told him we didn't sell things like that. He eventually went to the hunting store beside us and I guess they talked him into buying a humane trap but still... People are nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio