Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2014, 01:25 AM

2 posts, read 2,543 times

Advertisements

Got pulled over for the first time and got a ticket. I was uninsured at the time, insurance had just run out. So a few days after the ticket I go and pay the fine. The lady says we need your proof of insurance from when you got the ticket she asked if I could have it faxed. I called the insurance company and they faxed it but the date my policy started is not the same day as when I got the ticket. I called the lady to make sure they got the fax and she said "yes I will change that for you thanks" could she have maybe missed the dates and I'm in the clear? And if I'm not in the clear will they be calling me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2014, 02:14 AM

2 posts, read 2,543 times
So I checked the records and where it says "proof of insurance" there's a yes

Old 07-28-2014, 12:29 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,537,735 times
Don't let there be a lapse in your coverage. Setup direct withdraw from your bank account so that the insurance company takes the money out each month.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:01 PM

575 posts, read 1,470,101 times
You can also call and schedule a delay in payment if you need to as well. I can postpone mine up to 8 days if I need to.

I'd say you're probably in the clear but (and I'm sure I don't even need to say this) it is very irresponsible to drive without insurance. Not for your sake but for the sake of others. If you hit someone and don't have insurance then they end up having to pay for all the damages to their vehicle/property/persons.

Old 08-03-2014, 04:52 AM

53 posts, read 318,953 times
I agree with Azurabug. I think you're in the clear, but you're very very lucky. Do whatever it is that you have to do to never have your insurance lapse again. It really isn't worth it.

Old 08-03-2014, 06:47 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,456,116 times
To the OP...............Be glad that you don't live here in Ontario.

The MINIMUM fine here for "drive no insurance " is FIVE thousand dollars, for a first offence, along with vehicle seizure, and a one year DL suspension. A subsequent conviction can be up to 25 thousand dollars.

link. No Insurance Ticket Ontario

Jim B. In Toronto.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:19 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,182,837 times
It is nearly impossible to let your insurance lapse these days. With everything available online, paying a bill is quite hassle free. Also, many companies provide a 10-15 day grace period for coverage and send out multiple cancellation notices before the fact. My guess is that the grace period was assumed in your case. Consider yourself extremely lucky. Driving without insurance in OH is an automatic 90 day (up to 2 year) suspension of your license AND registration. You will also possibly be fined and will have to pay reinstatement fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio