Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 07:17 AM

417 posts, read 596,934 times

Advertisements

Would you vote for Governor Kasich as President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 07:25 AM

8,305 posts, read 8,717,353 times
Maybe. He was a good budget chairman in congress. He doesn't need a teleprompter. He has experience at different levels.

Old 04-27-2015, 07:44 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,024,512 times
Nope!

Old 04-27-2015, 07:47 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,961,324 times
HELL NO, but I would be happy to see him leave Ohio.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:19 AM

417 posts, read 596,934 times
It seems like most Ohio cities rank low for economy and well being. Columbus, Ohio has one of the highest infant mortality rates in the country and it is in the top 25 for highest rates of hiv in the country. Property taxes in most Ohio cities are outrageous!!! Cleveland is not making the lists this year probably due to the RNC convention.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:32 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,182,187 times
I'm a very liberal democrat, and I'm going to take the opposite position of most here. Out of the Republicans, I would most certainly vote for him over any of the other players out there and he's the only candidate that would be formidable competition against Hillary Clinton in my mind, who will get my vote barring a catastrophe.

Kasich has done an excellent job of compromising, reaching across the aisle, and doing what needs to be done. He doesn't brainlessly follow the party line. I certainly didn't agree with his dismissal of 3C, and I still believe Stricklands leadership paved the way for most of the economic success we see today (although Jobs Ohio seems to be working well too), but he has my respect.

He made the most intelligent choice on Medicaid expansion for the citizens of Ohio, he graciously accepted defeat on collective bargaining, and now he's currently battling Ohio republicans over a moronic spending plan they are trying to implement that would cut taxes to the point of bankrupting our state. He's a guy that actually wants to get stuff done, and he has proven in the past that he will pay attention to all sides of an issue and compromise.

He's certainly a better choice that Rubio Cruz huckster trump Santorum bla bla bka and all the other garbage candidates

Old 04-27-2015, 09:02 AM

5,516 posts, read 9,528,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
I'm a very liberal democrat, and I'm going to take the opposite position of most here. Out of the Republicans, I would most certainly vote for him over any of the other players out there and he's the only candidate that would be formidable competition against Hillary Clinton in my mind, who will get my vote barring a catastrophe.

Kasich has done an excellent job of compromising, reaching across the aisle, and doing what needs to be done. He doesn't brainlessly follow the party line. I certainly didn't agree with his dismissal of 3C, and I still believe Stricklands leadership paved the way for most of the economic success we see today (although Jobs Ohio seems to be working well too), but he has my respect.

He made the most intelligent choice on Medicaid expansion for the citizens of Ohio, he graciously accepted defeat on collective bargaining, and now he's currently battling Ohio republicans over a moronic spending plan they are trying to implement that would cut taxes to the point of bankrupting our state. He's a guy that actually wants to get stuff done, and he has proven in the past that he will pay attention to all sides of an issue and compromise.

He's certainly a better choice that Rubio Cruz huckster trump Santorum bla bla bka and all the other garbage candidates
I pretty much agree with this.

So, since he has the endorsement of 2 anonymous liberals, I guess that makes him too left-leaning for the republican party.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:45 AM

7,085 posts, read 8,989,085 times
No way.

I would rather see Rand Paul or Ted Cruz get the GOP nomination.

Back in the 90s when Kasich and Strickland were in the house Kasich voted for the assault rifle ban, Strickland voted against it, so don't be surprised when Strickland gets the NRA endorsement over Portman in the Senate race.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:06 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,388,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post

I mostly agree. I will vote for anyone who runs against Hillary Clinton!

Old 04-27-2015, 10:34 AM

107 posts, read 218,013 times
NO vote from me!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio