Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 08:46 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,398,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Kasich and the Republicans will back the greatest sources of campaign contributions, so they enable factory farm manure run-off while gutting the western basin tourism industry.

How long until Lake Erie's algae problems affect tourism? We may find out this summer (photos) | cleveland.com

I've never understood persons who support Kasich while he enables the massive pollution of their drinking water source and most important recreational asset.

Cutting local government funds enabled Kasich to slash taxes on the wealthy while effectively raising them on the middle class and cutting services for everyone. This generally is the Republican approach to government in the last decade.

I guess you also approve of the Kasich leveraging of the Ohio Turnpike, which will savage the Toledo manufacturing economy due to higher tolls in coming decades, and Kasich transferring billions of state tax revenues to the secretive JobsOhio fund, also at the expense of badly needed local government funds.

Ohio tax changes under Gov. John Kasich leave villages, cities scrambling to cope with less (database) | cleveland.com

I can only guess that you are more wealthy, or otherwise a significant beneficiary of Kasich policies.

Most Ohioans forget, and never are reminded by the likes of the Plain Dealer, especially in its endorsement editorials, that "no-tax increase" Kasich and the Republicans raised the state sales tax.

Obviously, I don't agree with your generous assessment of Kasich.

Lake Erie hopefully will be remedied by a more environmentally conscious governor. However, what will happen if (or when?) Ohio aquifers become polluted by Kasich's secretive (no public hearings allowed for new injection wells) injections of radioactive fracking waste under much of eastern Ohio?

Do you support Kasich signing a bill to allow fracking operations in Ohio's small state parks and forests? Do you want to see heightened resource development, including fracking, in our national parks?

Do you support the Kasich gag rule on rape counselors prohibiting them from advising rape victims about abortion options, or perhaps even emergency contraceptives (day-after pills)?

I'm no fan of Hillary, but how does all of this suggest that he likely would be a better President than Clinton?
I still bet Kasick ends up being Trump's VP..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2016, 09:31 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,473,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
I still bet Kasick ends up being Trump's VP..
I think Kasich has a better chance of being the nominee, especially if, backed by megabuckets of establishment money, as in Ohio, he starts defeating Trump in coming primaries.

I wonder who would want to be on a ticket with Trump, and I think Kasich has too many smarts to go down in flames as a second fiddle to Trump in a national election. Consider that Trump's VP will have to defend, explain, and support Trump's policies and statements.

It's one thing to be John McCain's wingman. Would being Trump's wingman even make someone as commercially viable as Sarah Palin? Paul Ryan, Romney's VP candidate, certainly benefited from the experience and national exposure. But Donald Trump???

Instead, Kasich will focus on finishing his term as governor and making a run for the Presidential nomination again in 2020.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Even if that was true, which is really isn't, it's not an excuse. We're not animals unable to control our actions.
Who are the animals? Proof all over with video on Bernie supports, Obama buddy Bill Ayres and now word on hacking of Trump website by I'm sure the *******s.
VIDEO=> CHICAGO ANTI-TRUMP PROTESTS- VIOLENT-RACIST-ABUSIVE LEFTISTS ON PARADE - As Discussed on Hannity - The Gateway Pundit
The Hillary camp is very worried about Trump being the next President, he will bring out the voters and pull many moderate dems. Many of Hillary voters will stay home. Trump will build a 'dream team' and make America great again

Old 03-18-2016, 09:00 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,844,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Kasich and the Republicans will back the greatest sources of campaign contributions, so they enable factory farm manure run-off while gutting the western basin tourism industry.

How long until Lake Erie's algae problems affect tourism? We may find out this summer (photos) | cleveland.com

I've never understood persons who support Kasich while he enables the massive pollution of their drinking water source and most important recreational asset.

Cutting local government funds enabled Kasich to slash taxes on the wealthy while effectively raising them on the middle class and cutting services for everyone. This generally is the Republican approach to government in the last decade.

I guess you also approve of the Kasich leveraging of the Ohio Turnpike, which will savage the Toledo manufacturing economy due to higher tolls in coming decades, and Kasich transferring billions of state tax revenues to the secretive JobsOhio fund, also at the expense of badly needed local government funds.

Ohio tax changes under Gov. John Kasich leave villages, cities scrambling to cope with less (database) | cleveland.com

I can only guess that you are more wealthy, or otherwise a significant beneficiary of Kasich policies.

Most Ohioans forget, and never are reminded by the likes of the Plain Dealer, especially in its endorsement editorials, that "no-tax increase" Kasich and the Republicans raised the state sales tax.

Obviously, I don't agree with your generous assessment of Kasich.

Lake Erie hopefully will be remedied by a more environmentally conscious governor. However, what will happen if (or when?) Ohio aquifers become polluted by Kasich's secretive (no public hearings allowed for new injection wells) injections of radioactive fracking waste under much of eastern Ohio?

Do you support Kasich signing a bill to allow fracking operations in Ohio's small state parks and forests? Do you want to see heightened resource development, including fracking, in our national parks?

Do you support the Kasich gag rule on rape counselors prohibiting them from advising rape victims about abortion options, or perhaps even emergency contraceptives (day-after pills)?

I'm no fan of Hillary, but how does all of this suggest that he likely would be a better President than Clinton?
On the bold, because I don't think she will really do anything more than he will do.

I feel that here in Toledo especially, there are not enough of us being vocal about our environmental concerns with Lake Erie and the Maumee River. If more of us got together and were actively in the fact of government, then things would get better. IMO environmental issues really are driven by an active, vocal populace and if we are not active and vocal about it, government doesn't care about fixing it. Look at Flint. They still aren't doing anything there and that is a tragic situation.

Here in Toledo, it seems they just want to blame local officials for not fixing our aging water treatment plant. I agree that is an issue as well but the larger one is the lake and river themselves. It is very hard to get government, no matter the candidates to do anything about environmental issues. Obama IMO is the same as Hillary Clinton. He hasn't done anything about fracking either in this state or others to any large degree.

And again, I already mentioned I don't like Kasich on the environment nor on the abortion issue. I am well aware of his positions. That said, I don't see him as any worse than Hillary Clinton at all. They are very similar except on the abortion stance IMO. And even though I would consider voting for him over her, I may change my mind based exactly on abortion, something I don't want to do but as a woman, I just really feel that abortion is not a government issue and should not be singled out every 6 months for legislation, nor do I feel that religious leanings, such as what Kasich espouses should have any bearing on legal abortion services.

On taxes, IMO they are a necessary evil. I do make a good income, well above most people in my area and I also live a very frugal lifestyle (I don't have a mortgage or any car notes as I own all my assets outright) so tax bills don't have an affect on me like they may on other individuals. FWIW, we did recently have a tax issue on the ballot in regards to our roads here in Toledo that was not passed and I did not vote for it as I don't trust our current mayor with fixing our infrastructure since she has shown us no plans to do so. If they showed plans and devoted the entire tax to fixing our streets and code enforcement issues, then I would vote for that increase.

Old 03-18-2016, 11:37 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,100,855 times
Quote:
Who are the animals? Proof all over with video on Bernie supports, Obama buddy Bill Ayres and now word on hacking of Trump website by I'm sure the *******s.
VIDEO=> CHICAGO ANTI-TRUMP PROTESTS- VIOLENT-RACIST-ABUSIVE LEFTISTS ON PARADE - As Discussed on Hannity - The Gateway Pundit
The Hillary camp is very worried about Trump being the next President, he will bring out the voters and pull many moderate dems. Many of Hillary voters will stay home. Trump will build a 'dream team' and make America great again
Sorry, but it is pure delusion that Trump would attract large numbers of moderate Democrats. Maybe a few bitter Bernie supporters who are dumb enough to not understand that the two candidates are polar opposites, or a small minority who have bought into the cult of hate, but otherwise, this is fantasy.

A good portion of America and pretty much the entire rest of the world sees Trump for what he really is, and knows that he would be an unmitigated disaster in just about every aspect. And he is going to motivate a lot of people to get out there and vote against him. I've been very down on humanity lately because of his surprising popularity, but I still have hope that there are more people that will do the right thing.

Old 03-18-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but it is pure delusion that Trump would attract large numbers of moderate Democrats. Maybe a few bitter Bernie supporters who are dumb enough to not understand that the two candidates are polar opposites, or a small minority who have bought into the cult of hate, but otherwise, this is fantasy.

A good portion of America and pretty much the entire rest of the world sees Trump for what he really is, and knows that he would be an unmitigated disaster in just about every aspect. And he is going to motivate a lot of people to get out there and vote against him. I've been very down on humanity lately because of his surprising popularity, but I still have hope that there are more people that will do the right thing.
I guess we Agree to disagree but time will tell. Not only do I feel Trump will get out the vote (for him) but I don't see how Hillary's campaign can bode well after her email and foundation investigation is completed. A lot of the negative hot air about Trump is from libs and the establishment and countries that are concerned that the US military strength, leadership and greatness will finally return. He will appoint a dream team in his cabinet which will rid of the embarrassment we have had w/Kerry, Clinton, Holder, Obama, etc.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
I guess we Agree to disagree but time will tell. Not only do I feel Trump will get out the vote (for him) but I don't see how Hillary's campaign can bode well after her email and foundation investigation is completed. A lot of the negative hot air about Trump is from libs and the establishment and countries that are concerned that the US military strength, leadership and greatness will finally return. He will appoint a dream team in his cabinet which will rid of the embarrassment we have had w/Kerry, Clinton, Holder, Obama, etc.
There is nothing to find in the so-called scandals. This will be just like Benghazi, when repeated Republican-led investigations led to exactly nothing. It's a wing and a prayer kind of thinking that any of this stuff is going to bring her down.

I'm so tired of the talking point that the US military is somehow falling apart or weak. It remains, by far, the strongest military in the world, and the US spends more on the military than the next several nations combined. The US is the unquestionable military world power. In terms of military strength, the only thing it totally sucks at is taking care of veterans, but that's really a Congress problem.

Ally nations like Germany, the UK, Australia, Japan, Canada and others that have expressed serious concerns about a possible Trump presidency are not worried about being in the crosshairs of the military, anyway. It is not some liberal media-driven narrative that has put nearly everyone on the same page, West and East.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
There is nothing to find in the so-called scandals. This will be just like Benghazi, when repeated Republican-led investigations led to exactly nothing. It's a wing and a prayer kind of thinking that any of this stuff is going to bring her down.

I'm so tired of the talking point that the US military is somehow falling apart or weak. It remains, by far, the strongest military in the world, and the US spends more on the military than the next several nations combined. The US is the unquestionable military world power. In terms of military strength, the only thing it totally sucks at is taking care of veterans, but that's really a Congress problem.

Ally nations like Germany, the UK, Australia, Japan, Canada and others that have expressed serious concerns about a possible Trump presidency are not worried about being in the crosshairs of the military, anyway. It is not some liberal media-driven narrative that has put nearly everyone on the same page, West and East.
RIIIGHT!!

Old 03-19-2016, 08:50 AM

Quote:
RIIIGHT!!
Can you elaborate just a little bit on what you're doubting about that post?

Old 03-19-2016, 09:56 AM

Quote:

You do know that it is the non-partisan FBI investigating her mishandling email server/conflict with the corrupt Foundation? When their criminal investigation is done I don't see how this will bode well w/Hillary. The FBI will make it's recommendation and the corrupt DOJ will likely do nothing. You actually think that the FBI wont get damaging info from the IT guy that copped a plea?
http://mashable.com/2016/03/05/hillary-clinton-email-indictment/#IMe9vqByBgqr

Our military has deteriorated under Obama, troop number lower than they should be and moral in military is awful. My father is a retired Army General so I feel I have pretty good sense on what they feel about Obama. Many enlisted and military leaders do not say much about the commander in chief.
ttp://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CONGRESS_ARMY_READINESS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TE MPLATE=DEFAULT
http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/what-barack-obama-just-announced-will-hurt-our-troops-and-their-families-disgraceful/
http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/248016/only-15-active-duty-military-support-obama-55-daniel-greenfield

a lot of the concern by those folks are related to Trump's immigration policy and his views on trade policies. Yes, your Mexican leader is in a fluster because of the discussion of 'the wall', a lot of voters like his views. I, as many others do agree that we should not be taking in any refugees until we can guarantee that they pose no risk to the US. I do like that Trump is a Patriot and I don't think you can say the same about Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio