Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 01:03 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,435,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
It'd be kind of neat if CD would allow you to change your moniker to 'Mr. Presumptuous', it certainly fits.

Financially challenged, is that the PC term for the poor now? hah Not even close to being rich or even being considered middle-class in economic terms,

Thanks to Obama's Cash for Clunker program the used market for the working poor in my city was virtually wiped out. I was involved in an accident right after that program ended. Couldn't find a reliable used car for $4500 or less and was told by used car dealers that Cash for Clunkers decimated the used car market for that price range. The cars that were available became more expensive thanks to supply and demand. After about a month of searching I found a car I normally wouldn't have paid $2000 for, but because I needed something right away I bought it knowing nothing else was available that I could find. Turned out it had a problem with anti-theft device wiring that I spent over $1000 trying to get fixed. Couldn't so the car sat for a year before I sold it at a huge loss. Still today I don't have a car thanks to that wonderful Democrat program that was put in place as a gift to the big 3 automakers.

And then thanks to The Affordable Act my hours were cut from 37.5 down to 25 initially, then later upped to 28/week. Who didn't see that coming? Companies kept people below 40 hours per week to avoid paying them benefits, what the heck made our elected Democrat leaders think those same companies wouldn't just reduce hours below 30 to continue screwing them over?

So thanks to people like you WRnative I'm in a near impossible situation. No car, no second job, not where I live outside of the bus line. Only reason I'm still able to work is because my company allows me to work from home. When this job ends I'll be homeless. So go ahead, spout your presumptuous nonsense, you don't know what your talking about. People like you gave us a disaster of a President for nearly eight years now. And there are a lot of people suffering much worse than I am.
Sorry for your situation, if it is as represented, but it's strange that someone who is home bound by financial circumstances would be so unsympathetic to the difficulties created for similarly financially constrained individuals when attempting to deal with cumbersome voting laws.

BTW, I had absolutely nothing to do with creating your financial situation.

In honesty, you should blame the Republicans led by George W. Bush, who wasted hundreds of billions on foreign wars; trashed the relatively excellent Clinton economy and created the Great Recession; and who, during the Obama administration blocked efforts to control drug prices which would have lowered the cost of medical insurance/care and also blocked efforts to initiate a robust infrastructure program which likely would have greatly improved your financial condition and that of millions of Americans.

This thread, however, is about voter suppression, not your financial condition or general politics. Please start another thread if you want to discuss which politicians are so responsible for your claimed financial woes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 02:20 PM

2,919 posts, read 1,984,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Sorry for your situation, if it is as represented, but it's strange that someone who is home bound by financial circumstances would be so unsympathetic to the difficulties created for similarly financially constrained individuals when attempting to deal with cumbersome voting laws.

BTW, I had absolutely nothing to do with creating your financial situation.

In honesty, you should blame the Republicans led by George W. Bush, who wasted hundreds of billions on foreign wars; trashed the relatively excellent Clinton economy and created the Great Recession; and who, during the Obama administration blocked efforts to control drug prices which would have lowered the cost of medical insurance/care and also blocked efforts to initiate a robust infrastructure program which likely would have greatly improved your financial condition and that of millions of Americans.

This thread, however, is about voter suppression, not your financial condition or general politics. Please start another thread if you want to discuss which politicians are so responsible for your claimed financial woes.
You asked questions, I answered. You made assumptions, I corrected you. You can't handle the truth, plain and simple. If you can't see the damage you helped create by voting Obama in, then you'll undoubtedly make the same mistake this election cycle in voting for Hillary.

Old 09-13-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
You asked questions, I answered. You made assumptions, I corrected you. You can't handle the truth, plain and simple. If you can't see the damage you helped create by voting Obama in, then you'll undoubtedly make the same mistake this election cycle in voting for Hillary.
Damage caused by Obama versus George W. Bush? Right. You loved the Iraq War, the bungled Afghanistan war, and the Great Recession?

Anyway, I'm a good government voter.

As much as I distrust Clinton, I would never vote for a candidate who won't release his tax returns, advocates a massive increase in the federal debt, mocks POWs, and admires Putin. Oh yeah, Trump knows more than not only our best generals about everything, according to Trump, but also mocks and ignores scientists on climate change, even though their predictions made for over 3 decades have been proven correct.

Maybe Trump will hire you to help build his Mexican wall. Is that what you're counting on??? Of course, it's never been clear to me if the Mexicans won't pay for it, whether Trump will still build it. Saturday Night Live will have great ratings when Trump uses the inevitable Mexican "ni loco" to void one of his most famous campaign promises, because there is no way that proposal will be funded by the U.S. Congress either.

By the way, if you're so destitute, I imagine you're on Medicaid or a subsidized Affordable Care plan. What will you do when Trump wipes those out while massively cutting taxes for himself and his buddies?

Too bad you can't stay on topic.

Old 09-13-2016, 10:57 PM

3,866 posts, read 3,143,889 times
Only way they can hold on to power because each passing year the demographic makeup of the nation is continually trending more and more mathematically unfavorably for Republicans.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:55 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,176,348 times
Quote:
If there was corruption I'd suggest going back to 2008 and researching what people were doing to help make sure Barry got elected.
Or, better yet, go back to 2000 to research how a guy who lost the national popular vote by 540,000 votes was arbitrarily installed into office by a crony of then governor -- and his older brother -- Jeb Bush.

Old 09-27-2016, 04:15 AM

Default Husted "voter purging" policy found illegal

<<The Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals found that Husted's office is in violation of the National Voting Rights Act.>>

Ohio's 'Voter Purge' Policy Has Been Ruled Illegal | Scene and Heard: Scene's News Blog | Cleveland Scene

How many were removed from Ohio's voter rolls? It's a mess
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio