Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 03:50 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,438,435 times

Advertisements

This article says Ohio would be one of the top 10 losers if the Affordable Care Act is repealed.

10 States That Would Suffer the Most by Getting Rid of Obamacare

So, it's not surprising that Ohio Gov. John Kasich has expressed deep reservations about any repeal of the Affordable Care Act.

Ohio Gov. Kasich worried about Obamacare repeal

What's coming?

Repair, Replace, Repeal: A Guide to ACA Changes - Consumer Reports

Changes to Your Health Insurance - Consumer Reports
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 08:01 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,375,521 times
The majority Of Americans did not want Obama care. Remember? You can keep your doctor bs.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile....-know.amp.html

Old 02-21-2017, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
The majority Of Americans did not want Obama care. Remember? You can keep your doctor bs.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile....-know.amp.html
Here's a recent, in-depth analysis of public opinion regarding the Affordable Care Act.

Republicans, Democrats support parts of health care law | Pew Research Center

Note the massive support for key features of the ACA.

It will be interesting if Trump forces the Republicans to control drug prices, as most Americans do want more affordable health care and implementing price controls to eliminate price gouging is probably one of the best opportunities on the table.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:27 AM

11,060 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Health Care is screwed. Before Obamacare it was terrible. Obamacare made it even worse. If it does indeed get repealed, I'm sure it will just be replaced by something just as bad.

Eat vegetables, get plenty of sleep, go to the gym, and pray that you don't get any unpreventable diseases or hit by a bus or something!

Old 02-21-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Obamacare made it even worse.
Hospitals benefited tremendously from the Affordable Care Act. Uninsured patients pay 3 to 4 times the insured, often leading to bankruptcies. Hospitals would pass the bad debt expense to paying customers, and the losses often were high because the uninsured sought help in expensive nursing homes.

ACA premiums often are lower with better coverage than private employer plans:

//www.city-data.com/forum/ohio/...ance-ohio.html

The ACA did SLOW the rise in health care insurance premiums

<<Share659 Republicans say the average family health insurance premium has increased by $4,154 under President Obama. That’s right — and it’s a much slower rate of growth than under President George W. Bush. In fact, employer-sponsored premiums have been growing at moderate rates for the past few years.
This is a prime example of what we call a “true, but” claim: an assertion that’s technically correct, but changes in meaning or significance once it’s put in context or fully explained.>>

Slower Premium Growth Under Obama

It would have slowed health care costs even more except that the Republicans blocked any efforts to control drug prices.

You're right that wellness is not emphasized sufficiently in the U.S., yet increasing pollution, a set goal of Republicans, will exacerbate the wellness issue in a very stealth way.

Old 02-21-2017, 02:28 PM

233 posts, read 412,902 times
The biggest lie told about ACA was that it would be affordable, it is only affordable to those getting it free at the expense of others paying the freight. It is a massive entitlement program that will be difficult to modify, much less repeal. The true cost will come due down the road and states like Ohio will have to reduce public funding of most everything else to pay for the expanded Medicaid.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:15 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebush1 View Post
The biggest lie told about ACA was that it would be affordable.
My "affordable" Obamacare plan was $377.40/month for a bronze plan with a $6000 deductible and 70% coverage after my out of pocket maximum of $25,000 was reached.

In other words I provided an insurance company with over $4000 of pure profit.

Anyone who does not think the ACA needs to go is woefully disconnected from reality.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:26 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,393,044 times
I have a close friend who owns a business. His wife is a Physician Ass't. He got his insurance thru her employer. She wanted to retire. He would have to go with ACA and received quote for the two of them. $2000/mo premium. $15,00 deductible. Needless to say he convinced her to not retire. Obamacare is a joke. Fortunately with my employer provided insurance my healthcare is covered 100%, no co-pay, no deductible, same with pharmacy but I have $5000 annual premium for my family. . The first 25 years of my current job I had the same insurance carrier/network. I will say ACA has compromised my coverage from the stand point that my carrier has changed every few years and occasionally I have to change a doctor to get in-network.

Old 02-21-2017, 09:25 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
My "affordable" Obamacare plan was $377.40/month for a bronze plan with a $6000 deductible and 70% coverage after my out of pocket maximum of $25,000 was reached.

In other words I provided an insurance company with over $4000 of pure profit.

Anyone who does not think the ACA needs to go is woefully disconnected from reality.
What did you have before? What will you have after?

Old 02-21-2017, 10:26 PM

7,081 posts, read 8,944,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
What did you have before? What will you have after?
Prior to June 2014 I had insurance through my employer.

2015 - 2016 ACA

Now I have insurance through my employer again with Anthem for $226/month for me and my wife including dental, no deductible BS, there are co-pays $25 for an office visit, $7 prescriptions but it's way better than what I had with ACA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: