Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 05:19 PM

84 posts, read 278,749 times

Advertisements

Okay, so I'm really interested in finding out any info I can about the animal ordinances/laws in the following areas:

Delaware
Mt. Vernon
Granville
Lancaster
Westerville
Newark
Urbana

I've visited each city's website, but I cannot find the information I'm looking for on most. I have found general animal ordinances for a few of them, but if anyone knows of any detailed info, please let me know. I'm specifically interested in finding out if any of these places has a limit to the number of animals (mainly dogs and cats) that you can own on your property, as well as if any breeds are completely restricted/banned. If you know of any other animal laws I should know about in these areas other than the usual licensing, dog bite, and barking laws, please let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 08:27 AM

751 posts, read 2,480,585 times
Try calling the pounds in each area, they should be able to tell you the laws and point you to where you can get a copy of the law.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:22 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,214,075 times
I'm not sure I would want to help you if I could...why are you looking for this info?

Old 07-27-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
I'm not sure I would want to help you if I could...why are you looking for this info?
I'm considering moving to some of these places. I have 5 cats. Some areas I have looked at actually have a limit of cats you can have on your property, even if they are indoor cats like mine are. I also have a pit bull dog, which is obviously restricted or even banned in some areas. I also work closely with animal rescues and often have several foster animals in my home, which makes my animal number even higher. Most places don't really care, but I've just looked at a few areas that actually do have restrictions. There is no way I could move somewhere that will have restrictions against my animals.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:37 PM

646 posts, read 2,050,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walla450 View Post
Okay, so I'm really interested in finding out any info I can about the animal ordinances/laws in the following areas:

Delaware
Mt. Vernon
Granville
Lancaster
Westerville
Newark
Urbana

I've visited each city's website, but I cannot find the information I'm looking for on most. I have found general animal ordinances for a few of them, but if anyone knows of any detailed info, please let me know. I'm specifically interested in finding out if any of these places has a limit to the number of animals (mainly dogs and cats) that you can own on your property, as well as if any breeds are completely restricted/banned. If you know of any other animal laws I should know about in these areas other than the usual licensing, dog bite, and barking laws, please let me know.
Planning to open a puppy mill? Really, if you are a responsible pet owner, this seems a bit...out there.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoya View Post
Planning to open a puppy mill? Really, if you are a responsible pet owner, this seems a bit...out there.
If you had read my previous post you will see why I want this information. I've been considering moving to all of these towns. I figured if any of them had a definite ban on pit bulls or any other strange animal laws I should know about that might not allow me to care for the animals like I do now, I could immeditaly cross that off my list.
I have 5 cats of my own (all adopted). I also have a pit bull dog (also adopted). He is not aggressive and I am in no way involved with dog fighting! All of my animals are spayed/neutered and up to date on shots. I pamper them, treat them like my children, and take them to the vet at the smallest sign that something might be wrong.
Responsible pet owner? I cannot live in an area with really tight restrictions on breeds or the number of animals on one property because of all of the other irresponsible pet owners out there. I am highly involved in animals rescue. I foster animals for local rescue groups, which is something I plan to continue doing. Sometimes this means I can have around 10 animals in my home at one time. I have looked at other communities which actually have restrictions on this (including indoor cats). I cannot live somewhere that will only allow me to have 2 dogs or 3 cats in my home. I also plan to open my own animal rescue within the next five years (not on my own residential property). Again, as a rescuer I cannot live somewhere that ban certain breeds (I do not believe in that and do not want to live in an area that endorses it) or restricts households to a very small number of animals. I want to open my rescue organization to save the lives of countless numbers of animals that end up in pounds or abandoned on the side of the road because the irresponsible owners wouldn't get their animals spayed/neutered or don't know how to properly care for their pets!

I know none of your know me from Adam, so you cannot be aware that I'm the type that carries extra dog food in my car and a cat carrier in my trunk incase I find an animal in need. I'll walk into the middle of the freeway to get a dog off the road and to safety. You can't know that I pay to have other people's animals spayed so they aren't producing more unwanted, homeless animals. I'm a huge supporter of animal rights (not PETA), run my own animal/pet blog highlighting animals in need all over the country, I adovacate for better treatment of animals, the end to all puppy mills, even the end of the sale of tattooed fish in pet stores!!! I'd lay my life on the line to save an animal in need. I can't even watch those sad ASPCA commericals without practically drawning in my own tears. So don't begin to tell me that as a "responsible pet owner, this seems....a bit out there."

Again, I know none of you know me, but I think it was very rude to just assume that I wanted this information because I'm involved in some sort of cruel or unsavory animal practices. I didn't think I had to explain all of this in my original post.You could have asked politely why I wanted this information and I would have been glad to tell you. Not even an obsessive animal lover like me would jump to such conclusions. I shouldn't be insulted, but I am!

Old 06-26-2012, 03:06 PM

1 posts, read 6,444 times
can you have chickens in newark ohio or granville if so were can i find this info

Old 01-28-2018, 06:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,015 times
What are the laws about barking dogs on my own property in Howard, OH. They are my dogs, dogs bark, but some of my neighbors are way too picky to me about my dogs barking. If I let them out to potty between 10pm and 6am, for about 10 minutes at a time, they will come to my door at that hour and tell me to shut my dogs up. Even if they do their business and hen bark for a couple of minutes at squirrels or deer, and they are back inside. I always get them in as soon as i hear them barking (we have an invisible fence like most of the neighbors do)

Please help me, I believe it is more annoying to have the neighbors come to my door than my dogs barking. These particular neighbors must wait all night just to complain they re 2 or 3 houses down, but the neighbors directly next to an behind me never complain. We all have dogs.

I feel like letting my dogs be dogs, even during the day is becoming a crime.

Please help!

Hounded in Howard.

Old 01-29-2018, 11:19 AM

3,343 posts, read 10,932,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboygirl1 View Post
What are the laws about barking dogs on my own property in Howard, OH. They are my dogs, dogs bark, but some of my neighbors are way too picky to me about my dogs barking. If I let them out to potty between 10pm and 6am, for about 10 minutes at a time, they will come to my door at that hour and tell me to shut my dogs up. Even if they do their business and hen bark for a couple of minutes at squirrels or deer, and they are back inside. I always get them in as soon as i hear them barking (we have an invisible fence like most of the neighbors do)

Please help me, I believe it is more annoying to have the neighbors come to my door than my dogs barking. These particular neighbors must wait all night just to complain they re 2 or 3 houses down, but the neighbors directly next to an behind me never complain. We all have dogs.

I feel like letting my dogs be dogs, even during the day is becoming a crime.

Please help!

Hounded in Howard.
If you're having a problem or need to know about local ordinances you need to contact your local city or township offices and ask them.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:03 PM

731 posts, read 678,252 times
So, are you wanting to open a pitbull rescue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio