Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2008, 01:20 AM

5 posts, read 18,540 times

Advertisements

My dino computer just doesn't like bringing up newer websites, Can anyone give me a few direct links for help in the following areas/subjects.

1) How - where- time frame do I have to get my PA drivers Lic and registration completed. What steps do I take, and in PA, Since I'm perm disabled, they don't charge full fees on registration, Is Ohio the same? Anyone know the costs?

2) Looking at moving to Mahoning County, near Four Seasons Flea Market, where is the local social security office and public assistance office that handles medical assistance located at?

3) Is there a "Community Help Center" for disabled / seniors?

4) Can I transfer my PA dog license to Ohio, including the rabie tag, or will I need to get new vacs- rabies and pay for new dog license? What's the fees for a dog licenses?

5) Can anyone recommend a decent family type, PCP in the area that accepts Medicare / Medicaid. Besides a family doctor, how about a recommendation for a heart doctor?

6) Will a PA gun carrying permit be transferable to Ohio? What are the gun laws, especially regarding concealed carry permits, and bringing PA registered firearms across the state line?

7) What is the fuel prices in Ohio right now? unleaded and Diesel? and where is the nearest U-Haul drop off location to Four Seasons Flea Market?

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 06:43 AM

1,853 posts, read 9,696,686 times
I can help a little.

Four seasons is in the Campbell/ Struthers area. They say you have 30 days to transfer everything. You really have 30 days from the first time you get caught. You will have to take the written test. The Canfield post of the Highway Patrol does the testing. I would assume that there is also a location closer to Campbell. To transfer your car, you have to go to a dealership first. They make a tracing of your VIN code and give you a form to take to the title bureau. It was $3 dollars when I did that. You then go get an Ohio title. Take the title to a license bureau to get plates. I only know of Westside Merchants and Southside Merchants. There might be more. Costs vary by township. My plates are in the $50 range. I don't remember what a drivers license costs.

Ohio does not honor a Pa. carry permit. Ohio requires a 6 month residency, and 16 hours training by a certified instructor. Instructors are charging in the $100-$150 range for a course. Lowellville Rod & Gun club most likely offers classes. That would be close to you. After you get your training certificate, you go to the Mahoning County Sheriff's office in downtown Youngstown with $55 dollars exact cash, a passport photo, plus the already filled out application, and your certificate. They will fingerprint you. It then takes 45 days to receive your permit.

If you get pulled over as a concealed carry holder, you must inform the officer that you have a permit. It doesn't matter if you are carrying or not. It's a stupid law, because he already knows when he runs your license. http://www.packing.org will get you to the different State laws. Ohioans for concealed carry is another.

There is no gun registration in Ohio. When you bring them over, carry them unloaded in the trunk of your car. Most people don't know it, but Ohio is still an open carry State. You can legally carry your weapon in the open, strapped to your hip, without a license. You can do it, but you will get harassed.

The Social Security office is also in downtown Youngstown. Take some quarters for parking.

Gas just went to $3.45 last night. I find that it is usually 10 cents cheaper than Pa.

I really need to go to bed, so I hope Cortlandgirl and the others will post the actual links for you. There are several with the information that you are looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio