Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 07:33 AM

6,601 posts, read 8,976,499 times

Advertisements

This past weekend was the first time I truly "broke quarantine" -- after 3 months of pretty strictly following it. We went to Put-in-Bay for a few hours, and I was shocked to see that it was just like any other summer weekend. Busy ferries, golf cart rentals next to the Jet Express were sold out, plenty of bachelorette parties, and maybe 5% of people wearing masks besides employees (yes 5, as in f-i-v-e).

The ferry was the only questionable part of our trip. It was fairly crowded, but you're also mostly in the open air so it's not the same as going to a crowded theater or something. I'll also give credit to the Jet Express for doing a pretty thorough cleaning and wipe down of surfaces and seats between trips. Besides that we just kept our distance walking around the island and getting food and snacks to-go or to eat on the patio.

I could tell that some of the restaurants had removed tables indoors to allow for more spacing. I only spotted two places that were limiting the number of people allowed inside at once.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 05:19 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,075,318 times
With cases surging as of recently, I just did a bit of research regarding OH cities and COVID.

This data is of today.

OH cities with the highest COVID infection rates
Columbus 696
Springfield 571
Youngstown 552
Toledo 528
Cincinnati 508
Cleveland 505
Akron 367
Dayton 342
Lima 314
Canton 297
Mansfield 285

OH cities with the highest COVID death rates
Toledo 59
Youngstown 57
Lima 40
Akron 38
Canton 29
Cleveland 26
Columbus 25
Cincinnati 17
Dayton 8
Springfield 7
Mansfield 4

Old 07-08-2020, 06:58 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,872,571 times
Ok, I'm not sure I follow that data - are you saying there are 57 deaths in Youngstown (separating the towns here from the county data)?

Or is this a "rate" like a percent?

Old 07-08-2020, 10:50 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times
Here is the map, showing the Level 3 counties that will be under mask mandates, starting tonight.

https://twitter.com/GovMikeDeWine/st...680384/photo/1

Selfishly, I'm glad I live in a Level 1 county that is at least 2 counties away from any Level 2 county.

Old 07-08-2020, 02:16 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,075,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
Or is this a "rate" like a percent?
Yeah, it's a rate.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:08 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,108 times
https://www.cleveland.com/coronaviru...ismantled.html

As of yesterday Ohio has had 3125 COVID deaths As of yesterday. And when you divide Ohio’s population of 11,750,000 the survival rate of Ohioans is 99.8%. Shut down of businesses and wearing masks are extreme measures that have never been undertaking before. And when I look at the chances of death I start to question what the government is doing. The article below explain 77% of the deaths are elderly and 1% people under 40 but that is based on cases versus deaths not actual population which to me is the number they should be using. I will take my 0.2% chance and go on living my life normally. Also with reporting stations around the country, especially Florida being busted for 97 to 100% positive rate and then revise to 9% I really question what the **** is going on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cle...outputType=amp

https://www.thecentersquare.com/flor...d5ec42870.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/5445139002

Old 07-18-2020, 02:36 PM
on3

498 posts, read 383,610 times
These people in cbus who are protesting today that masks shouldn’t have to be worn will be the first hypocrites on their knees begging for forgiveness when they pass along the virus (while they were asymptomatic) to one of their family members and said family member dies as a result of it. The the poor fool has to live wondering how many other people they infected. They keep being told to put their mask on and **** and they continue to pout like little school children yet demand that workers like dentists wear masks when helping them. Hypocrisy at its best.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:57 PM

2,365 posts, read 4,373,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
These people in cbus who are protesting today that masks shouldn’t have to be worn will be the first hypocrites on their knees begging for forgiveness when they pass along the virus (while they were asymptomatic) to one of their family members and said family member dies as a result of it. The the poor fool has to live wondering how many other people they infected. They keep being told to put their mask on and **** and they continue to pout like little school children yet demand that workers like dentists wear masks when helping them. Hypocrisy at its best.
What makes your rights more important than my rights? Since when are we are country of mandates and not a country of laws? you live your life in fear if you want to but I choose not to. You obviously are afraid of being the 2/10 of a percent of the current death rate in Ohio. 99.8% survives. Herd immunity is the way to get this over with.

Old 07-20-2020, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
What makes your rights more important than my rights? Since when are we are country of mandates and not a country of laws? you live your life in fear if you want to but I choose not to. You obviously are afraid of being the 2/10 of a percent of the current death rate in Ohio. 99.8% survives. Herd immunity is the way to get this over with.
Note that using your numbers, "getting it over with" equates to 23,380 people dying in Ohio.

Also note that "death" isn't the only negative outcome of COVID.

Old 08-02-2020, 09:47 PM

I want to report a night and day difference at Put-In-Bay. Expecting the same craziness as before, we arranged a place to spend a few nights away from the downtown bar area. However it went from a complete madhouse in early June to a ghost town now, with lots of mask wearing by those who were there. Many of the bars were even enforcing it, even the outdoor ones.

A lot of places were closed or closing earlier than normal. We were seeing nearly empty bars doing last call at like 7PM. That was even before DeWine announced bars to close at 10PM. We've only been going for ~5 years now, but these two trips this summer were both the most busy and least busy we've ever seen it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio