Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2021, 11:09 AM

149 posts, read 175,582 times

Advertisements

We are possibly going to move to Ohio this summer. What good Health insurance programs could you recommend? Where to start looking?
Here in Idaho we have a Tax Credit Program. It is a State program for middle class if you pay taxes. Good coverage of doctor visits, no premiums,good drug coverage. Also some dental coverage. I would appreciate any advice about Ohio. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2021, 01:45 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,443,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalijaasbj View Post
We are possibly going to move to Ohio this summer. What good Health insurance programs could you recommend? Where to start looking?
Here in Idaho we have a Tax Credit Program. It is a State program for middle class if you pay taxes. Good coverage of doctor visits, no premiums,good drug coverage. Also some dental coverage. I would appreciate any advice about Ohio. Thank you
Recommendations likely would vary depending upon your location. E.g., in Greater Cleveland, I would want a plan that covers the Cleveland Clinic's many locations, but if coverage extends to the University Hospital system, that would be a plus. Additionally, you should seek a plan that covers your local emergency room.

Are you of Medicare age? Do you want an Affordable Care Act plan?

Old 02-22-2021, 03:25 PM

Yes, we will live in Canton area. I am 54, my husband is 61

Old 02-22-2021, 03:52 PM

469 posts, read 434,367 times
Cleveland Clinic operates Akron General, which (I believe) would be the closest Cleveland Clinic facility to your future destination.

On the Healthcare Exchange network (aka Obamacare...), the only insurance plans available for Cleveland Clinic are Oscar, and CareSource Marketplace. CareSource only applies to Akron General, not the main CC campus.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/patie...pted-insurance

Cleveland Clinic is literally world class health care.

If you open things up to University Hospitals (also well-regarded, but not as elite as CC...), then you have many more insurance options. These options will also be less costly than Oscar.

You will need to go on the healthcare.gov site and punch in your specifics, and it will give you cost estimates. It can vary widely depending on the plan, county of residence, etc. You will of course have other health care provider options besides Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals, but these are highlighted due to the quality of their care. Canton may have other quality options...I focused on CLE since this will be our location.

We are choosing Oscar for when we relocate. It is not cheap, but they cover CC in network, and the company itself is rated very highly.

Good luck!

Old 02-22-2021, 11:46 PM

Thank you. I appreciate your input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: