Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 05:37 PM

2,501 posts, read 7,768,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm...steak! View Post
I'm neither boring nor old, and I actually drove a golf cart around, stopped at the monument and museum, and sampled some local (Boone's farm calibre) wine before heading back to Findlay. It was pretty tame because I went during the day on Sunday, but many people told me that Friday and Saturday nights are pretty crazy. I wonder what happens to all the drunk people who miss the last ferry of the night...

I don't know about now, but we used to find the drunks who missed the last ferry sleeping in the grass and bushes around the ferry docks or in the park up in town. They'd wake up, drink some more, then stumble back down to the docks to catch a ferry home. I lived in a big old house on the road that ran behind Frosty's and we would find people sleeping in our yard and on our porch in the mornings!

I think a Sunday sounds like a calm, sane day to spend on the island too....that's all I might try for this trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htlong View Post
P.I.B. is still the alcoholics Disneyland! I was up there two years ago and on Friday and Saturday night ,....and I would say it rivals Mardi Gras!!!!

I would have to agree! I have tried to explain it to people here in Charleston and I don't think they quite know the magnitude of "What happens at the Bay, STAYS at the Bay" means. I could write volumes about things I saw and heard while working at Frosty's during the Spring and Summer while I was a college student at BGSU....then more volumes about our escapade when we got off of work and on our days off!!! (and I'm thankful and lucky to still be alive to tell about them!)

Old 06-03-2008, 05:46 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,281,329 times
What's the other popular Lake Erie Island called? I went there last year for Island Fest and it was a blast. Although, admittedly, it seemed like an older crowd (30s and 40s). I was told that Put-in-Bay was where the younger folks hung out. But I love the atmosphere out that way, I hope to make a return trip this summer.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:01 PM

Probably Kelley's Island, where the Village Pub is (or was). We used to go over to Middle Bass for the Sangria at Lonz's Winery (this was WAY before the deck collapsed and tragically killed those people). Then there was Pelee Island over the Canadian border where there were a few restaurant/bars near the shore. On our days off, a bunch of us would take a boat and we would go "island hopping" all day....whoa...VERY drunk days!

When is Island Fest? Sounds fun....and more in my age range now!

Old 06-03-2008, 08:02 PM

1,436 posts, read 3,304,316 times
I remember all the parties we used to have at PIB, Middle Bass, Kelly's and everywhere in between. I always remember the first half of them, second half of the parties not so much . For real ! All those pics of passed out people everyone emails everywhere...I woke up like a lot of those people many a time .

Used to wake up to strange people on my boat, woke up in the grass one time at PIB... must not have been able to find my boat I guess . Those were some unbelievably times ! Like wise SCBeaches...I'm SOOOO lucky to be alive after some of the stuff I pulled in my younger days !

Old 06-03-2008, 10:56 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,281,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBeaches View Post
Probably Kelley's Island, where the Village Pub is (or was). We used to go over to Middle Bass for the Sangria at Lonz's Winery (this was WAY before the deck collapsed and tragically killed those people). Then there was Pelee Island over the Canadian border where there were a few restaurant/bars near the shore. On our days off, a bunch of us would take a boat and we would go "island hopping" all day....whoa...VERY drunk days!

When is Island Fest? Sounds fun....and more in my age range now!
Yeah, it was Kelley's Island, and I should have known that. Just had a little brain fart. Anyhow, this Island Fest (I'm pretty sure that's the name) is in mid or late July, if I remember correctly.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:55 PM

I think everyone should have a little island in their life at least once! I don't regret any of it....even throwing water balloons at tourists on the little tour train as they went by (hey, it was hot and they didn't seem to mind it!), cliff diving, and climbing the scaffolding on the monument at night (on a dare!)- this was when they were renovating it or something like that back in 1980. Crazy times!
The Village Pub at Kelley's was always fun too. We would have our Frosty employee party there at the end of the summer, with open bar and buffet and all the games you wanted to play for free. We would all go over in June and George Stoiber's boat and have free run of the pub all night - just for the party. More crazy times....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
View detailed profiles of: