Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2023, 03:56 PM

1,888 posts, read 1,444,534 times

Advertisements

I was on Twitter the other day having an argument with an ignorant troll from Cincinnati. He replied with this tweet:

Nati Sports
@Nati_Sports Rather be in Kentucky than in the city that gives the state the reputation it has across the world

Here was my reply:
Talkin' & Grubbin' Media
@TalknGrubb The reason why the state has the reputation that it has because we have MAGA Republicans running the statehouse and Cincy is one of the cities that leans to the right. Cleveland nothing to do with that. (Sorry about the typo in the last sentence).

It's bad enough that Cleveland is a punching bag on social media and the rest of the country. Now, we have somebody from our own state blaming Cleveland for the reputation Ohio has. I'm just tired of us being everyone's scapegoat. Is Cleveland to blame for Ohio's rep, or is it other factors? Or does Ohio has the reputation for other reasons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2023, 09:31 AM

7,081 posts, read 8,947,145 times
Ignorant trolls from Cincinnati don’t really have the reputation to pull rank on anyone themselves.

Whatever happened to motormouth?

Old 08-18-2023, 07:37 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,652,852 times
See, your first problem was being on Twitter…or whatever it’s called now. It’s the lowest venue for internet discourse, outside of 4chan and those types of forums.

Old 08-22-2023, 12:24 PM

484 posts, read 467,992 times
Cleveland is not to blame for Ohio's reputation, whatever that is, any more than any other city. Don't buy into that. People love to complain about our state because it's an in thing to do right now. Most of the people who do it live here but apparently don't hate it enough to leave and go somewhere they think they'd be happier.
@Nati_Sports is a freaking idiot. He is nothing more than a troll that represents the worst of Cincinnati fans, and I say that as a Columbus resident who has rooted for the Bengals for 35 years and has the Reds as his second favorite team behind the Cubs. I've had him blocked for ages and only occasionally see the garbage he puts out if others share, post a screenshot, etc.
OTOH, the constant "Cincinnati is in Kentucky" jokes from Clevelanders are no funnier. They're unoriginal and frankly pretty stupid. Who cares if their airport is in Kentucky? Who cares if Cincinnati sits on a state line? I couldn't care less. I guess it's just part of the endless Cincinnati-Cleveland sniping.

Old 08-22-2023, 09:03 PM

11,063 posts, read 12,456,973 times
i like most parts of ohio, it’s cool that every region is unique.

Old 08-25-2023, 12:48 AM

24,125 posts, read 32,484,271 times
There are people who are "metro phobic". They see any urban areas as dangerous.

Old 08-25-2023, 05:29 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
I can only speak from personal experience, but most Pittsburghers I work with love Ohio. I am not sure why your state has such a negative external reputation. Being a Republican states has nothing to do with it since everyone seems to love Florida, and that's a Republican state. I love visiting Ohio. We love day-tripping in the Mahoning County area---FREE garden walks at Fellows Riverside Gardens; FREE admission into the Butler Museum of American Art; FREE entry to hike around Lanternman's Mill; the divine honey crisp apples and blueberry donuts at White House Fruit Farm; and the fact that nothing is congested and expensive the way almost everything here in Allegheny County is congested and expensive.

At least most outsiders just shrug when someone mentions Pennsylvania because we aren't important enough for most people to care about one way or another in most people's minds. We're also a difficult state to "pigeonhole" because we have so many big cities and small towns and have millions of rednecks with guns and jacked-up pickup trucks as well as millions of latte-sipping limousine liberal types.

Old 08-25-2023, 08:53 AM

11,063 posts, read 12,456,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
I can only speak from personal experience, but most Pittsburghers I work with love Ohio. I am not sure why your state has such a negative external reputation. Being a Republican states has nothing to do with it since everyone seems to love Florida, and that's a Republican state. I love visiting Ohio. We love day-tripping in the Mahoning County area---FREE garden walks at Fellows Riverside Gardens; FREE admission into the Butler Museum of American Art; FREE entry to hike around Lanternman's Mill; the divine honey crisp apples and blueberry donuts at White House Fruit Farm; and the fact that nothing is congested and expensive the way almost everything here in Allegheny County is congested and expensive.

At least most outsiders just shrug when someone mentions Pennsylvania because we aren't important enough for most people to care about one way or another in most people's minds. We're also a difficult state to "pigeonhole" because we have so many big cities and small towns and have millions of rednecks with guns and jacked-up pickup trucks as well as millions of latte-sipping limousine liberal types.
Mahoning Valley is so slept on. Making me want to trip out there again soon.

Old 08-26-2023, 05:56 AM

4,485 posts, read 6,240,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Mahoning Valley is so slept on. Making me want to trip out there again soon.
I think Ohio has a lot of spots where folks keep slapping the snooze button....

Old 08-28-2023, 09:34 AM

160 posts, read 87,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post

I absolutely agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio