Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2011, 11:31 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,450,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
ok MK and redbird, come on, we have room, bring EB and his better half but they don't like winters, so doubt they'll come
Ohio has winters, just not 6 months of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 11:53 AM

Life is like a soap apera

We only have "One Life To Live". With everything being mined and pulled out of the ground
the earth has become eccentric.
And "As The World Turns"
some places have become closer to the sun. Like OK
Living in Alaska would be like living in "Dark Shadows" on "The Edge Of Night" while we "Search For Tomorrow" and pray for a "Guiding Light".
"All My Children" would think they were in "Another World".

Old 08-04-2011, 02:19 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,450,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Life is like a soap apera

We only have "One Life To Live". With everything being mined and pulled out of the ground
the earth has become eccentric.
And "As The World Turns"
some places have become closer to the sun. Like OK
Living in Alaska would be like living in "Dark Shadows" on "The Edge Of Night" while we "Search For Tomorrow" and pray for a "Guiding Light".
"All My Children" would think they were in "Another World".
LOL....very clever

Old 08-05-2011, 02:22 PM

26 posts, read 81,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler87 View Post
Ok, sometimes threads tend to get off topic with people talking about whatever they feel like, not even helping the OP with what their question was...

So many other state forums have made their own "chat" threads, and Ohio should have one too. In most states, these threads are their most succesful. So lets get our own started. Talk about whatever is on your mind, how your day went, your vacation, or how bad work sucks. LOL we all have stories on just about anything.

Just have a good time, and chat away.
I am a transplanted PA Dutch girl, met and married a wonderful man from southern Ohio. It's been interesting learning about your state as my hubby takes me around and shows me all the local history. Recently went through the Portsmouth/New Boston area....... I loved the flood wall, what an awesome way to show the history of an area. I think I was there on a bad day though, it seems smiling and saying hello to people wasn't a good idea, they just gave you a look and walked on. I'm looking forward to exploring more of your state.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:58 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,559,910 times
Hello to nativesunburyian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
ok MK and redbird, come on, we have room, bring EB and his better half but they don't like winters, so doubt they'll come
Is EB still here? I have not heard from him in ages.

Hallooooooooo!

Old 08-09-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativesunburyian View Post
I am a transplanted PA Dutch girl, met and married a wonderful man from southern Ohio. It's been interesting learning about your state as my hubby takes me around and shows me all the local history. Recently went through the Portsmouth/New Boston area....... I loved the flood wall, what an awesome way to show the history of an area. I think I was there on a bad day though, it seems smiling and saying hello to people wasn't a good idea, they just gave you a look and walked on. I'm looking forward to exploring more of your state.
Didn't I read this same post somewhere else? Or is this warm weather startin' to get to me?

Last edited by mkfarnam; 08-09-2011 at 10:27 AM..

Old 08-09-2011, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Hello to nativesunburyian.

Is EB still here? I have not heard from him in ages.

Hallooooooooo!
Hi RB, I see that sh*t eatin' grin of yours....Now what did ya do?

EB was on the OK forum the other day...

Old 08-13-2011, 06:03 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,157,617 times
Hi guys, yes I'm still here. Just real tired when I get home from work, 3:30am until when ever gets you real set for the week-end .

Yes we have alot of winter, no it's not six months worth but it seems like it sometimes, and yes I do pop my head in from time to time to see how's everyone doing.

Alaska is one of very few states that I've never been too, but it is on the list for plces to go to before I kick the bucket.

RB, how's Felix and yourself been since you guys have all this dang heat? I hope you have AC to ease it a bit?

Old 08-24-2011, 09:51 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,111,517 times
I still wanna move to your state, guys. I just got home from a visit and loved the hell out of it as always!

Old 08-24-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
I still wanna move to your state, guys. I just got home from a visit and loved
Quote:
the hell out of it
as always!
I think the hell is still there..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio