Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 04:14 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye 89 View Post
Well said

I don't know why it's so hard to get through to CLE. He thinks he knows everything, And then when you lay the facts down right in front of him he rambles on

"oh it's obvious your trying to make the city worse"

why in the hell would i or anybody else do that? and the irony of him saying that, is every post he makes is about something bad in Cleveland (which he's not from). but oh boy. don't get it confused he's just trying to let the truth out about Cleveland
Lay facts? lol.

What facts did you lay on me? You didnt say anything. You never have anything decent to add to a thread. What did I ever say about Cleveland thats not true? Obviously you dont read my posts. Im always talking about the good things in Cleveland when they happen. As far as the crime, I only say actual things and you cant find one post where I tried to make Cleveland look worse than it already is. All of what I said is about facts, no exaggerations. And I dont understand how many times I have to explain this to you, I know I did at least twice already. I am from Cleveland, I was born on the westside of the city and lived there for a couple years and then lived in South Elyria and Central Lorain until I was 23, now Im back in the city of Lorain. So yes I am from Cleveland, Elyria and Lorain pretty much are Cleveland also, just not in the city. Also, you dont know me, so never try and act like you know me or where Im from. For all I know you could live in North Dakota claiming your from inner-city Columbus...I dont lie and would have no reason to lie like that.

From your posts it just seems like you guys dont know how the formula works for crime rate, just an observation. Im somewhat agreeing with you guys on the crime thing, but you argue because your trying hard to make Columbus seem worse than it is, for reasons unknown to me. Just try and find the crime rate of Columbus in just the old city limits, thats all that matters. I dont see why this turned into an argument, I dont really care about this topic, Im just a little curious. If you take all the newly annexed areas out of Columbus for the crime rate, if you really want to compare it to the other cities in all fairness, you should also use the old city limits for all the other cities also. It would only be fair to do the same for Indianapolis, Louisville, and all other cities that did the same thing similar to Columbus. Thats the only way you could fairly rank it after that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 07:39 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,375,521 times
buckeye89, you gave me the wrong answer. the suburbs (grove city,upper arlington,etc) are NOT counted in columbus's 750k+ population. franklin county has a population of a little more than a million people. see the difference of 250k ? that difference is your suburbs. your metro only totals 1.7mil (that includes the marion,morrow,chillochothe ares)... so i dont know how you can argue when you dont even know how/where your city's population is counted. imo you should be happy you dont have the high murder rates of cleveland or cinci.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:02 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,924,857 times
mrb69, I couldnt help but notice that your last post was full of errors and misunderstandings also.

Why should the stats just be counted for the inner city? how does that make sense? In the US the inner city is known as a ghetto or slum area in the middle of a major city or metropolis. You dont just count the ghettos when you do the crime rate...I thought that was obvious, but I guess not. Im just going to assume now that you didnt know what inner city meant.

You are also very misinformed about Canton. Canton is actually a pretty rough city with a high crime rate. If you used the old city limits of Columbus crime rate, Canton still wouldnt be much better. The rest of what you mentioned in your post about the crime rate formula is very obvious to anybody that knows about that type of thing, and I already mentioned all of that. Your most dangerous cities list is also just based on estimates, you made up that list and its not official by any means (You forgot to add Youngstown, which would still be ahead of Columbus). I posted the official rankings in my first post. I understand and its obvious that the old city limits of Columbus would have a higher crime rate, but the old city limits dont exist anymore, and you guys are just trying too hard. Until we find the current crime rate of the old city limits, there is nothing else to discuss on this topic. Its not a win or lose thing, I agree that the crime will be higher, but you guys are exaggerating where the ranking would be. You can use that ranking for the Ohio list (If we find it), but if you want to do it nationwide, you would have to find all the cities that have added large suburban areas that are on the list and find out the crime rate of their old city limits also. Other than that, you couldnt add Columbus' old city limits crime rate to the nationwide list. All of this stuff is simple, come on guys.

Last edited by BelieveInCleve; 12-08-2008 at 08:30 AM..

Old 12-08-2008, 10:53 AM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,154 times
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Those are Cantons crime statistics.. doesn't look so nice to me. It's actually higher than Youngstown, just less homicides.

Last edited by Yac; 12-18-2008 at 08:14 AM..

Old 12-08-2008, 04:50 PM

174 posts, read 698,189 times
why would i try and make a city look worse than it really is? please tell me what i would get from doing that, i never even spoke about crime in any ohio city until i kept seeing your redundant posts over and over.

your argument is always columbus is bigger, that's why they have so and so much crime. but yet cleveland has more way more bad areas, tons of poorer residents and millions of more african americans and other minorities. which by your conclusion from what i saw in your "Lorain is a bad city, please believe because i want to be from the hood" thread means cleveland crime should blow out columbus every single year. because columbus only has a few bad spots and mostly suburban white people. and remember you never seen a hood with white people

Quote:
Ive lived up here most my life, and I lived in the Cincinnati area for over 8 months in the past. And Hamilton is really rough with its 90% white population, very low black and hispanic population, average poverty and everything else, and #1 best urban school district in the state...

Quote:
And yes, race has a lot to do with crime rate and who commits crimes. Its been shown that blacks and hispanics are much more likely to be in poverty and commit crimes, thats pretty obvious. Check those stats I gave you all you want, their legit.

come on man. i don't see how anybody can take you seriously, every thread you must argue about something you don't like. and then in your argument you always say

" i've lived in _______ so i know"

PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU LIVED IN LORAIN MOST YOUR LIFE, BUT YET YOU LIVED IN SO MANY OTHER PLACES TOO.

stop kidding yourself dude

Old 12-08-2008, 04:51 PM

138 posts, read 809,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cle440 View Post
mrb69, I couldnt help but notice that your last post was full of errors and misunderstandings also.

Why should the stats just be counted for the inner city? how does that make sense? In the US the inner city is known as a ghetto or slum area in the middle of a major city or metropolis. You dont just count the ghettos when you do the crime rate...I thought that was obvious, but I guess not. Im just going to assume now that you didnt know what inner city meant.

You are also very misinformed about Canton. Canton is actually a pretty rough city with a high crime rate. If you used the old city limits of Columbus crime rate, Canton still wouldnt be much better. The rest of what you mentioned in your post about the crime rate formula is very obvious to anybody that knows about that type of thing, and I already mentioned all of that. Your most dangerous cities list is also just based on estimates, you made up that list and its not official by any means (You forgot to add Youngstown, which would still be ahead of Columbus). I posted the official rankings in my first post. I understand and its obvious that the old city limits of Columbus would have a higher crime rate, but the old city limits dont exist anymore, and you guys are just trying too hard. Until we find the current crime rate of the old city limits, there is nothing else to discuss on this topic. Its not a win or lose thing, I agree that the crime will be higher, but you guys are exaggerating where the ranking would be. You can use that ranking for the Ohio list (If we find it), but if you want to do it nationwide, you would have to find all the cities that have added large suburban areas that are on the list and find out the crime rate of their old city limits also. Other than that, you couldnt add Columbus' old city limits crime rate to the nationwide list. All of this stuff is simple, come on guys.
Umm thats how they do crime stats! Its done by city and metro that simple but yet if a city keeps adding suburbs into its inner-city it will make the city look cleaner and safer then it truely is. The FBI does it to see which inner-city and metro are the most dangerous to live in. Thats why I keep telling everyone to pull up a map and cut out the suburbs that shoundn't belong and only keep the true inner-city neighborhoods like Olde Towne East and German Village. I've never seen another city with bad crime rates in America that does the samething Columbus is doing. There has to be atleast another one but I haven't seen it. Maybe you can tell us a few....

These are some the neighborhoods that shouldn't count for the inner-city: Berwick, Berwin, Briggsdale, Cherry Creek, Eastland, Eastmoor, Forest Park, Georgian Heights, Glenbrook, Hardesty Heights, Holly Hill, Lincoln Village, Maize-Morse, Murray Hill, Northgate, Northland, Riverbend and Westgate .

Just to name a few^^^^

Canton isn't great but you can't compare it to Cleveland, Columbus, Youngstown or Dayton.

Ohh NO you can't forget Youngstown!!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 05:29 PM

5,510 posts, read 9,493,295 times
When a suburb is annexed, it isn't a suburb anymore, it's part of the city.

Why can't you compare Youngstown and Canton?

Old 12-08-2008, 05:48 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,632,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye 89 View Post

come on man. i don't see how anybody can take you seriously, every thread you must argue about something you don't like. and then in your argument you always say

" i've lived in _______ so i know"

PLEASE TELL ME HOW YOU LIVED IN LORAIN MOST YOUR LIFE, BUT YET YOU LIVED IN SO MANY OTHER PLACES TOO.

stop kidding yourself dude

I seriously laugh at your ignorance. I've lived in FOUR states. OMG?! No way! Get off your couch sometime and visit the US. Ohio was the third state I moved to, and for the last few years I have been here (Virginia for a year and a half inbetween0. It's not uncommon for people to live in multiple places, maybe this sounds absurd to the typical Midwestern folk or Ohioan.

And what is this argument about Canton? Their crime rate is worse than Youngstown and Cleveland.. just not as any homicides.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:03 PM

174 posts, read 698,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeSoHood View Post
I seriously laugh at your ignorance. I've lived in FOUR states. OMG?! No way! Get off your couch sometime and visit the US. Ohio was the third state I moved to, and for the last few years I have been here (Virginia for a year and a half inbetween0. It's not uncommon for people to live in multiple places, maybe this sounds absurd to the typical Midwestern folk or Ohioan.

And what is this argument about Canton? Their crime rate is worse than Youngstown and Cleveland.. just not as any homicides.
Wait

Was i talking to you?

OMG!

come on man, don't come at me like that. nobody ever said you couldn't live and visit other places, but cle talks straight out his ass and his posts prove it. and it's not even that "he says he lived in all the places, but the arrogance to think in the little time he may have been there, he can draw accurate conclusions of the places he speaks on

Old 12-09-2008, 02:42 AM

138 posts, read 809,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR_C View Post
When a suburb is annexed, it isn't a suburb anymore, it's part of the city.

Why can't you compare Youngstown and Canton?

From every pic i've seen on UrbanOhio.com Canton seems to look more like springfield rather Youngstown. Most years Youngstown has close to 35 murders while Canton has about 9 and rember both cities almost have the same popultion. Besides crime is really down in Youngstown this year.

Last edited by mrb69; 12-09-2008 at 02:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio