Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 06:37 AM

2,365 posts, read 4,372,717 times

Advertisements

will ohio join the growing number of states that have declared sovereignty under the 10th. amendment ? by doing this, ohio can serve notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates. what are your thoughts ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 10:31 AM

5,509 posts, read 9,486,726 times
I'm no expert on the subject, but this sounds like it could be good for our schools. No Child Left Behind is causing more harm than good, I hear.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:47 AM

498 posts, read 1,507,334 times
that neo-cons are dabbling in folk law.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:17 AM

http://www.infowars.com/21-states-claiming-sovereignty/. yes,it does sound like alot of states are asserting the feds are supposed to work for the states... NOT the states working for feds ! mandated state school funding is a great example of ohio having to cough up extra money that it doesnt have.... i am going to really look into what we as united states need to do before we are completely stripped of all our rights.. THIS IS NOT THE COUNTRY I GREW UP IN ANYMORE .

Old 02-17-2009, 01:27 PM

498 posts, read 1,507,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1watertiger View Post
THIS IS NOT THE COUNTRY I GREW UP IN ANYMORE .
the fifties are never coming back.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:13 PM

i was not alive in the fifties zeros.. but i am not blind like the majority of our public when it comes to witnessing the rights we are loosing.. maybe all this bailout bs has really pissed me off... why not just give every american citizen 125,000 dollars ? i bet that would stimulate the economy.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:25 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,460 times
Quote:
i was not alive in the fifties zeros.. but i am not blind like the majority of our public when it comes to witnessing the rights we are loosing.. maybe all this bailout bs has really pissed me off... why not just give every american citizen 125,000 dollars ? i bet that would stimulate the economy.

Why? Because they'd just waste it like they've been wasting the money they have, like they've been wasting the money they don't have (credit/debt spending).

If Americans had all of their debts invalidated today they'd be racking up fresh debts tomorrow. You can wipe out a man's debt but unless you do something to change the mentality that led him to wind up in so much debt, nothing changes... If you've ever dealt with somebody who wanted to borrow money to pay off gambling debts, you'll know that helping them get rid of their debt doesn't solve anything, it just helps them get ready to rack up fresh debt. Lots of people in America (consumers and executives/corporations) need to fall flat on their butts, they need to hear the alarm bells ring, they need the wakeup call it will provide.

Why not stop taking money from citizens and let them decide how to utilize their resources? Nobody has anything taken from them by the government, nobody gets anything from the government.

I don't want their handouts, but I do want their hands out of my pockets.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:29 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,460 times
Quote:
will ohio join the growing number of states that have declared sovereignty under the 10th. amendment ? by doing this, ohio can serve notice to the federal government to cease and desist certain mandates. what are your thoughts ?

Notice should have been served 149 years ago. As a matter of fact I believe the Federal government was put on notice 149 years ago. They only kept the "Union" together by holding people in at bayonet point and using force to dominate the country.

Imagine if you wanted to quit your job and your employer stuck a gun in your face and said "no you cannot leave!" or if you didn't believe your relationship with your spouse was working out, despite all of your best efforts, you said "I'm leaving" and the response was, "no you can't leave" accompanied by the presentation of a gun or a bayonet in the face.

Nullification and secession are inherent rights of every state. The state of Ohio has the right to declare Federal laws invalidated (of no force/effect) within the boundaries of Ohio. Likewise Ohio has the right to declare independence and secede from the United States of America should it decide to do so. The contract to join the United States of America was voluntarily entered into and as such Ohio is free to voluntarily leave should it wish to exercise that option.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:17 AM

1 posts, read 3,087 times
[url=http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=10802]Campaign For Liberty — **OHIO PETITION**Claiming Sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment[/url]

Old 02-18-2009, 05:55 AM

Paulson Was Behind Bailout Martial Law Threat..,uber the gov. does have their hands in our pockets.. 33% of your check never makes it to your bank(taxes). and for the record i am against "entitlements/handouts" to people who refuse to ever work... but i think OUR trillion in stimulis money that was given to failed banks,etc. is a bigger sham.. do you really believe that a bill not read by our senate/congress but passed anyway , and full of non-essential money will be used correctly ??? read the link above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio