Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 05:12 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,437,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Oh, I think I was wrong. Isn't it a bean? C'mon you guys, come up with a better mascot than a bean or pea or a nut........
Hi Felina! and welcome.....I can't tell ya about the mascots lol since I never was a fan, but thinking that since Ohio is the Buckeye State, it's a nut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 05:22 PM

Ok Felina, you got me curious, I quess it's Brutus the mascot LOL.

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy69/AKPAT/51Hwd6XNEqL__SL160_AA160_.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-29-2009, 07:23 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Ok Felina, you got me curious, I quess it's Brutus the mascot LOL.
Hiya Pat....we got snow!!! jealous, aren't you? probably about 1-4" due tonight. I'm such an Alaskan wannabe!

All, I can say about Brutus is well,...there's really nothing left to say. He's a nut, then...

Old 12-29-2009, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Hiya Pat....we got snow!!! jealous, aren't you? probably about 1-4" due tonight. I'm such an Alaskan wannabe!

All, I can say about Brutus is well,...there's really nothing left to say. He's a nut, then...

No I am not jealous of your snow LOL...we still got it on the ground here...sigh...it won't be going away for some time. No snow in the forecast but some cold temps are. My sister in Ohio was telling me they got about 5 inches today and its really cold. I'd be happy if winters only lasted two months but we know that ain't gonna happen. .

Well Brutus is a nut I do believe and he can sing the song "Sometimes I feel like a nut" while the ducks quack in harmony. LOL.

Have you ever visited Alaska? The time to visit is in the summer when most times the weather is just beautiful.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:29 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,999,109 times
Quote:
Hello, friends. You could stay home and prepare to be crushed by the Mighty Ducks!!!!! Seriously, is your Buckeye mascot really a pea?
Saw your post on Cornerguys-Oregon civil war game,and no its not a pea,its a worthless nut but if you look at one it looks like a Bucks eye[as in a deer] suppose to give you luck if you rub them As for them Ducks The Bucks will puck them quackers on New Years Day

Old 12-30-2009, 06:18 PM

This is huge for Oregon. There's always been such a good-natured feeling all over the state with the rivalry between Oregon State Beavers and U of O Ducks. Just to have two teams playing off for the chance to go to the Rose Bowl is pretty darned incredible, FB lover or not. I hope everyone has a good time...Go Ducks, of course!

Just thought I'd share this with you all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UQAr...eature=related

Old 12-30-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Have you ever visited Alaska? The time to visit is in the summer when most times the weather is just beautiful.
My landlord used to live in Alaska. Says the best time to visit is February because all the tourists have gone home. No, I've never been there - yet. Another bucket list item for me.....

Happy and Safe New Year's to all ~

Old 12-30-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
My landlord used to live in Alaska. Says the best time to visit is February because all the tourists have gone home. No, I've never been there - yet. Another bucket list item for me.....

Happy and Safe New Year's to all ~
Well February is great if you like skiing, snowboard snowmachining, etc. HAPPY NEW YEAR FELINA!!! What are you doing New Year's eve?

Old 12-30-2009, 09:38 PM

Don't ski, snowboard or snowmobile. I'd love to try skijoring, though. That seems like a blast....
New Year's I'm staying home - MAY go over to my friend's house who used to play football w/the Oregon Ducks if he & his wife don't go up to Seattle - they were going to the Rose Bowl but they've got business up in WA....otherwise I'm staying put and letting all the drunks on the road not crash into me. Safer and all... How about you folks, don't you have little ones at home, I thought you did anyway?

Old 12-31-2009, 10:21 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,537,231 times
Hope y'all have a GREAT New Year's Eve; that it's a safe and fun celebration! Me? I'll be hauling groceries down I-75 so that there will be something on the shelves when you get up Friday and go shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio