Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 10:11 AM

174 posts, read 450,443 times

Advertisements

From what I can see this is a very reputable company that builds new homes. They have an A+ rating from the BBB. Individual experience aside they generally build the same product as other developers at their price levels.

It's important to note that this is subdivision living. For me, lot size would be a consideration. Location is a big factor as well.

Generally, you pay a premium for new construction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 11,241 times
Oh, I don't know about Vesta. Our daughter and SIL bought a Vesta home (about 8 years old), and every window in the place is unlevel. In fact, the framing for the entire house is so off level, that the brick layers had to install shims so they could put the bricks up. She has thought about putting a ribbon on a level and taking it to their office and telling them their crews need it.

Also, the front porch has developed a large crack (which the previous owners hid). They have also noticed that every Vesta home in their nieghborhood has garage doors that are falling apart. I would go over any Vesta home with a magnifying glass before I would buy one.

Old 04-22-2011, 06:45 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by playboyesquiere View Post
. But due their underhanded tactics and hidden racism i decided not to go with them.
This is very true! They are building a whole bunch of cracker box houses at the corner of NW Highway and Piedmont Rd. They use only cheap illegal aliens to do all the work on these homes. I have a number of my relatives who are native born and breed Americans and they were turned away from putting bids in on them.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:18 PM

1 posts, read 9,229 times
We have lived in a Rausch Coleman for almost 5 years now and to say that they build cheaply made homes is an understatement. We are in "The Crossing" in Broken Arrow. To this day we still cannot use the built in microwave oven because they never installed it correctly. We called them out several times and each time they left with it not fixed correctly. After a while, you get tired of calling and the warranty runs out. Neither of the bathtub drains work correctly. The water heater went out after 1 year of service. Grass will not grow in the front yard because the dirt is clay and was never prepared for grass growth. The list goes on and on.

Stay away from Rausch Coleman homes if you desire a stress free home life.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:38 PM

3 posts, read 27,642 times
Me and my wife recently bought a rauche Coleman and are very pleased.
I've watched thru the construction process and they are NOT using inferior products.
The structure, electrical, HVAC, and insulation are all up to par.
Coleman does not generally focus on all the extras but that does not make them cheap.
As for losing value mine has gained. Referring to homes built in the 70s as an example of what could possibly happen with a rauche coleman home is just silly. that could apply to just about any home.
While looking for a new home I saw several "upscale" (in the 70s) that had gone to ruins.
My experience has been positive and I definately recommend a rauche Coleman home!
Great built homes for people who don't want to spend a fortune on all the upgrades.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:47 PM

Default Home ownership is more than calling on warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluezdude View Post
We have lived in a Rausch Coleman for almost 5 years now and to say that they build cheaply made homes is an understatement. We are in "The Crossing" in Broken Arrow. To this day we still cannot use the built in microwave oven because they never installed it correctly. We called them out several times and each time they left with it not fixed correctly. After a while, you get tired of calling and the warranty runs out. Neither of the bathtub drains work correctly. The water heater went out after 1 year of service. Grass will not grow in the front yard because the dirt is clay and was never prepared for grass growth. The list goes on and on.

Stay away from Rausch Coleman homes if you desire a stress free home life.
Aside from the microwave, it sounds like all your problems are regular homeowner mantenance issues.
Any issues we have had were resolved with in 10 days.
Sounds to me like you dont know anything about regular mantenance or lawn care......
Sorry bout the microwave!
Did you hit the start button?

Old 05-14-2012, 05:02 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamerpants View Post
Aside from the microwave, it sounds like all your problems are regular homeowner mantenance issues.
Any issues we have had were resolved with in 10 days.
Sounds to me like you dont know anything about regular mantenance or lawn care......
Sorry bout the microwave!
Did you hit the start button?
lol.

I'm sitting here stewing about 'hidden racism' and wondering how one knows it's there if it's hidden.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:27 AM

6,819 posts, read 11,548,200 times
If you get serious about a Jeff Click home, try to get involved before they start the interior finish. The ones I've seen have the oddest (and awful, to me) paint and wood stain combinations.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol.

I'm sitting here stewing about 'hidden racism' and wondering how one knows it's there if it's hidden.
Just because you can't see, hear, touch, taste or smell it, that doesn't mean it is not there.
Hidden racism is kind of like God.
Just not as friendly.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:25 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamerpants View Post
Just because you can't see, hear, touch, taste or smell it, that doesn't mean it is not there.
Hidden racism is kind of like God.
Just not as friendly.
Trolling for Coleman?? They are getting so cheap they quit putting bricks on the backsides of there homes out on NW Highway and Piedmont Rd. Very ghetto looking and nothing but cheap. I'd run from this builder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City