Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 03:16 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times

Advertisements

If they show they use the litterbox and it's regularly maintained, cats shouldn't be peeing on the carpet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 10:55 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDtoOK View Post
Why is it that 75 to 90 percent of the rental houses around OKC say NO PETS in their ads? I've been looking on craigstlist and I have never seen so many ads that are strictly no pets
"Do Oklahomans hate pets?".....

I would put Okies up against ANYONE for our love and care for not only the land, but also the beautiful and wondrous animals that live off of this delightful wilderness.

Silly question, SanDiego. Check that attitude at the stateline or we're going to have to start asking for some serious tax from transplants moving within our borders. Just so you know, Okies detest grumblers. Complaining is antithetical to our history and culture.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:43 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
We now slaughter horses, I'm kind of wondering if cats and dogs will be next...

Old 06-29-2013, 11:51 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Quote:
My thread title does not assume that 75% to 90% of oklahomans hate pets. It says do oklahomans hate pets? It does not state that oklahomans hate pets! It is a question not a statement and it was not meant to be offensive to oklahomans. I have been looking for a house. Good point I will look in the OKC newspaper. I understand animals can destroy a house but I also believe there are a lot of responsible pet owners out there. I've rented 4 nice homes in San Diego and have had my entire deposit returned on every single one. You know what they say 1 person can ruin it for all.
Of course, each and every Oklahoman HATES pets. And Obviously, each and every Californian LOVES pets. No exceptions to either situation. All or nothing at all. Certainly nothing is meant to be offensive to an Oklahoman. Why would anyone be offended by stupidity or even my sarcasm?

Old 07-03-2013, 07:43 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
My thread title does not assume that 75% to 90% of oklahomans hate pets. It says do oklahomans hate pets? It does not state that oklahomans hate pets! It is a question not a statement and it was not meant to be offensive to oklahomans.
Then it is a stupid question instead of a stupid statement. Seriously. Learn to word your thread title in an intelligent manner that reflects your question.

Your question is on rentals. How about, "Why is it so hard to find a rental that accepts pets in OK?"

Old 07-03-2013, 10:17 PM

9 posts, read 14,966 times
I realize that the choice for the title was poorly worded. In fact I would like to change the title but I do not know how to. When I started the thread I was super tired and didn't think about the fact that it might come across as rude or offensive, to tell the truth I just wanted people to look at the post and respond. I'm admitting it was and is a stupid title.

To anyone who was offended I apologize I agree with one of the other recent posts that I should have said something along the lines of "I am having a hard time finding a rental that is pet friendly, any suggestions."

This thread is really of no help to anyone at this point, is there any way to delete it?

Old 07-04-2013, 01:15 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Landlord Insurance will not cover any property where the tenant has a German Shepherd, Chow, Rott, Pit Bull or Doberman. That is just a fact of life. Easier to not allow pets. Too bad we cannot ban kids as well.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:31 AM

653 posts, read 1,786,886 times
Well, this may be throwing a rock in this beehive.. slightly off topic but still related and I think should have more attention.. I've been to all 50 states, traveled extensively throughout most of them. I've definitely noticed a distinct difference in how people treat their pets here in the south (yes, I do consider Oklahoma to be southern!) than elsewhere. In almost all northern states and especially the west coast (Washington state in particular) I very rarely ever saw a dead dog or cat, or strays anywhere. Most everyday here in Oklahoma, and especially in rural areas, I see dead domesticated animals (dogs, cats) at least once or twice, and most of the time they are just left there for weeks or longer... and it's not just Oklahoma, but most southern states. Over the years I've known and talked with countless people.. overall, people here in Oklahoma and across the south just don't have a higher regard for their pets, especially in rural areas.. Now before I'm accused of making a hasty generalization.. I know their are plenty of exceptions, I think overall, there are more people who take excellent care of their pets around here and across the rest of the south too, but still, it just seems there is more mistreatment and abuse of animals here than up north.. I think progress is being made though in bringing attention to this, such as more no kill shelters and dog and cat rescues. Anyway.. this is strictly what I've observed.

Old 07-06-2013, 10:10 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
Well, this may be throwing a rock in this beehive.. slightly off topic but still related and I think should have more attention.. I've been to all 50 states, traveled extensively throughout most of them. I've definitely noticed a distinct difference in how people treat their pets here in the south (yes, I do consider Oklahoma to be southern!) than elsewhere. In almost all northern states and especially the west coast (Washington state in particular) I very rarely ever saw a dead dog or cat, or strays anywhere. Most everyday here in Oklahoma, and especially in rural areas, I see dead domesticated animals (dogs, cats) at least once or twice, and most of the time they are just left there for weeks or longer... and it's not just Oklahoma, but most southern states. Over the years I've known and talked with countless people.. overall, people here in Oklahoma and across the south just don't have a higher regard for their pets, especially in rural areas.. Now before I'm accused of making a hasty generalization.. I know their are plenty of exceptions, I think overall, there are more people who take excellent care of their pets around here and across the rest of the south too, but still, it just seems there is more mistreatment and abuse of animals here than up north.. I think progress is being made though in bringing attention to this, such as more no kill shelters and dog and cat rescues. Anyway.. this is strictly what I've observed.
Yes, I agree. The majority of southerners won't let their pets indoors unless they are toy breeds. Too many won't spay/neuter their animals. That being said, I have never found it difficult to find a rent that allowed pets down south. In the northeast, it was nearly impossible.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:30 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
Not sure why you think it matters that you consider Oklahoma the south. Another ignorant person might insist Pennsylvania is part of New England, which doesn't make it so. I've not been in every state, but, many and I've never seen anyone scraping up a dead dog or cat. There are people in Oklahoma who have jobs to do that and I'm not one of them. How many exactly have YOU observed, picking up dead cats or dogs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City