Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 06:27 PM

653 posts, read 1,786,425 times

Advertisements

The question I pose is inspired by a similar thread on the Denver forum. I'm looking for some good quality thrift stores here in the OKC or Edmond area that has alot of clothes. Is Goodwill a good place to check out?
Any other ideas is much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 07:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
I like Goodwill. After I lost everything in a fire, literally except for the clothes I was wearing, I got a lot of stuff at the one on Reno and just west of Western. I've heard the one at May and Britton is quite good. I visited the one on Penn and 89th a couple of times but thought the clothes were low quality and....I can't explain it. Just not as upscale, if such a word can be used when discussing Goodwill.

I don't know if the area of town matters because the stuff is dropped off at distribution centers, then stocked in the stores.

Someone told me the one on Reno now sells clothes by the pound. I haven't been there in a couple of years, so I don't know how that works. I can't imagine buying clothes by the pound.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:07 AM

410 posts, read 1,107,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I like Goodwill. After I lost everything in a fire, literally except for the clothes I was wearing, I got a lot of stuff at the one on Reno and just west of Western. I've heard the one at May and Britton is quite good. I visited the one on Penn and 89th a couple of times but thought the clothes were low quality and....I can't explain it. Just not as upscale, if such a word can be used when discussing Goodwill.

I don't know if the area of town matters because the stuff is dropped off at distribution centers, then stocked in the stores.

Someone told me the one on Reno now sells clothes by the pound. I haven't been there in a couple of years, so I don't know how that works. I can't imagine buying clothes by the pound.
Yes, the one on Reno went to selling things by the pound. Not just clothes, but everything is thrown in big bins topsy turvy and you have to dig for it. No more book section (where I used to spend a lot), no more organization whatsoever. I haven't been back.

I have found some nice things at the Goodwill out on Northwest Expressway.

Old 02-02-2014, 10:51 AM

7,776 posts, read 12,442,098 times
Haven't been to the EARC Thrift Store in Edmond for many years, but, used to go often which was the only way to get the really good items. I know the prices have changed, but, for a long time they were the best bargains around. I still have a blouse I like that was 10 cents on a day blouses were 10 for a dollar. LOL Ah, the good old days. Adults with developmental disabilities benefit from these stores.
EarcInc.org Official Homepage The one on Third Street is the only one when I lived over there. They used to have sales on specific days. On those days there would be a line at the door.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:27 PM

1 posts, read 4,676 times
Great question, and I'm glad I found this thread! We just moved here and are opening a NEW resale shop in N. OKC area... Edmond at 33rd and Broadway... BUT we won't be open for shopping until probably May/June. The name is Clothes Mentor, and you can find us on our website, or Facebook! It's LADIES clothes only, newer, better brands, great condition! clothesmentor.com/edmond or on FB at Clothes Mentor Edmond We hope you will come check us out this SUMMER!

Old 02-06-2014, 01:29 PM

7 posts, read 11,402 times
I really like the Goodwill on May and Britton. Clean and organized- the shirts were even organized by color when I was there a few weeks ago! I didn't like the one on NW Expressway as much.

Old 02-13-2014, 02:42 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Default Vintage Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyinyourradio View Post
The question I pose is inspired by a similar thread on the Denver forum. I'm looking for some good quality thrift stores here in the OKC or Edmond area that has alot of clothes. Is Goodwill a good place to check out?
Any other ideas is much appreciated.
In California they are called Vintage Clothing Stores and some have really up scaled clothing depending of course on the neighborhood that they are located in.

I like to shop in Marin County one of the wealthiest county in the whole State of California , and have gotten some really cheap Italian Suits.

I would think that a non Good Will...Salvation Army Store would have better quality clothing......

Old 02-13-2014, 02:45 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
Haven't been to the EARC Thrift Store in Edmond for many years, but, used to go often which was the only way to get the really good items. I know the prices have changed, but, for a long time they were the best bargains around. I still have a blouse I like that was 10 cents on a day blouses were 10 for a dollar. LOL Ah, the good old days. Adults with developmental disabilities benefit from these stores.
EarcInc.org Official Homepage The one on Third Street is the only one when I lived over there. They used to have sales on specific days. On those days there would be a line at the door.
Probably better than Good Will and Salvation Army outlet stores.....

Old 02-14-2014, 05:12 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
..... have gotten some really cheap Italian Suits.....
Why would someone want a cheap Italian suit?

Old 02-16-2014, 08:58 AM

4,030 posts, read 10,763,494 times
There's Hopefully Yours in Edmond. I've seen some pretty nice stuff there. It's the thrift shop that benefits the Hope Center. It's not very big and sometimes they are picked over, but other times you can if some real treasures in there. It's on Broadway, north of downtown Edmond, just before the road dead ends into Danforth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City