Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2014, 02:40 PM

4 posts, read 7,250 times

Advertisements

My great grandfather Capp J Jefferson a Black man was born on a small farm outside Smithville, Texas, June 1, 1877. He made his way to Oklahoma City around the 1900, where he begun buying property, investing in oil, gas & mineral rights. He was a member of Mount Calvary Baptist Church on Walnut for over 40 years. He was a reporter for his church and would post mentions of events held at Mt Calvary along with Poems he had written. The newspaper which he posted these things in was the Black Dispatch ran by Roscoe Dungee. Capo Jefferson also wrote a poem that was read as an eulogy at Booker T. Washington"s home going. Capo Jefferson Married my great grandmother Sedalia Craig from Neosha, Kansas. Her parents was Noah and Lula Jane (Smith) Craig and to the union on Capo & Sedalia Jefferson my grandmother Helen Jefferson (Bolin) was born in 1/15/1904, Ruth Jefferson Lee, Orlanda Jefferson, Branch Bruce Jefferson, Doll Jefferson Billinglea, Hazel Jefferson Gains, and Cape To be Jefferson buried at Bailey's Cemetery in Depew, Oklahoma, Fern Jefferson, Pocahontas Jefferson, these 3 dying in childhood. My grandmother Helen married U Ray Bolin from Topeka, Shawnee, Kansas born 2/2.1901 & to this union 14 kids were born, my mother Authurine Bolingbrook (Conley), Izetta Bolin, Esponola Bolingbrook(Jones), Evelyn Bolin (Gooden), Mary Lou Bolin(Castle), Ramond Bolin, Varnall Bolin, Vance Bolin, Charles & Charlotte Bolin, Helen Sadaisy Bolin(Portman), William Vaughn Bolin, Earnestine Bolingbrook(Collins) & Nadine Bolin. Oh yes it's a big family and I'm not going to name the lst, 2nd, 3 & 4th cousins that's living. My question is what happens to gas mineral oil rights when owned underneath? One day I'm going to list as much as I can on here. I'm looking for a lawyer who can look into this and if anything's there of course he's entitled. Brenda Lewis [email]brendalewis56.Black@gmail.com[/email]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 02:45 PM

[email]brendalewis56.bl@gmail.com[/email]
In Oklahoma City, Arcadia Oklahoma, Deep Fork Oklahoma etc

Old 12-28-2014, 02:47 PM

Need to charge my phone lol.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:45 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,454,141 times
Probably what you need first is a mineral rights landman. Here's a website that may help.
Mineral Rights Inheritance ? How to Handle Inherited Minerals

If you know the county where the mineral rights are, the landman will search the court records... He may be able to do this even without knowing which county. I don't know. How much time has elapsed will most likely be considered. The rights may have gone to the state... or not. Good luck with it.

I own some mineral rights and landmen contact me regularly wanting to buy the rights to certain sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City