Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 07:17 AM

184 posts, read 796,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow42 View Post
I live in south orange county, CA and sooooo understand what you are both saying. We live in a large master planned community and it is beautiful, but densly populated. So, we are about 8ft between homes...pretty close. Neighbors are friendly only when in the mood and often ignore you (or make believe they didn't see you). We are moving to Edmond in early June and I am really looking forward to making actual friends out there. From what I have heard, I have really high hopes for the area.
Shadow42,
You are lucky to be moving soon to edmond, i believe you will be much happier there then here in California. I like the part you added (or make believe they didn't see you) this is so true. After we had moved in our new home i sent my husband out to the neighbors for different things, like one of the new neighbors dog dug out from his new yard and i sent my husband out to catch the dog. Another neighbor's new garage door broke and my husband went to help fix it till the workers could come back on a work day. We even help a elder man move in his home since he was a lone. And since then no one has taken the time to stay hello how are you. Things like this make you save your money quicker. I'll think about you on moving day in June.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 07:26 AM

I just love these neighbor pictures, thank you PeggyDavis for them. Keep them coming!

Old 02-10-2008, 07:32 AM

593 posts, read 1,794,609 times
I live in the Inland Empire, moved here years go for a somewhat country atmosphere...Chino Hills exploded and now you can't get down the streets due to the traffic. The stores are packed with shoppers, it's like Christmas season all year long...

Edmond is a nice town and has lots of shopping and conviences..We hope to move back that way very soon...My family there just love it...

Home prices are falling here in Ca...We could have gotten over $500,000 for our home a year ago...Now, who knows???? That's the reason most of us can't move, the price of homes and the new yearly taxes keep if from happening. We'd be looking at $6,000-7,000 a year in taxes..

Old 02-10-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Eyes View Post
I live in the Inland Empire, moved here years go for a somewhat country atmosphere...Chino Hills exploded and now you can't get down the streets due to the traffic. The stores are packed with shoppers, it's like Christmas season all year long...

Edmond is a nice town and has lots of shopping and conviences..We hope to move back that way very soon...My family there just love it...

Home prices are falling here in Ca...We could have gotten over $500,000 for our home a year ago...Now, who knows???? That's the reason most of us can't move, the price of homes and the new yearly taxes keep if from happening. We'd be looking at $6,000-7,000 a year in taxes..
We got our property tax bill after 6 months in our new home and it was $4,000 thank goodness it was payed from our compound account. We were lead to believe a week earlier from the company half was coming from our pocket. I guess we can say it will be $8,000 a year. I was surprised by what some people did get for there homes.
We looked at about 100 homes before buying and i have to say i wouldn't of given more than $50,000 for them. People had just trashed there houses so bad. What happen to perparing your home for the market?

Old 02-10-2008, 10:31 AM

160 posts, read 975,588 times
LMasters, I soooo understand. We have had all of our neighbors for dinner multiple times, invited them to my kids b-day parties...etc. No one ever reciprocates. Now I am antisocial like them and when my hubby says "let's invite so-n-so, I say no way" . Too much work, effort and $$$ to entertain people that couldn't care less about you! Anyway, I am worried about selling my home that is for sure. Stuff is just lingering on the market here. We bought almost 6yrs ago (new construction), so we can drop our price a lot more than most folks here. I just pray we can sell or we will have to rent for a while. I just want to make a clean break an GO. I am so looking forward to starting over again in OK. Hope you will be able to move as well. What part of CA are you living?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
LMasters, I soooo understand. We have had all of our neighbors for dinner multiple times, invited them to my kids b-day parties...etc. No one ever reciprocates. Now I am antisocial like them and when my hubby says "let's invite so-n-so, I say no way" . Too much work, effort and $$$ to entertain people that couldn't care less about you! Anyway, I am worried about selling my home that is for sure. Stuff is just lingering on the market here. We bought almost 6yrs ago (new construction), so we can drop our price a lot more than most folks here. I just pray we can sell or we will have to rent for a while. I just want to make a clean break an GO. I am so looking forward to starting over again in OK. Hope you will be able to move as well. What part of CA are you living?
We are about 10 miles north of Sacramento, were about 10 miles east of Sacramento. And lived in Los Angeles County, CA about 34 years.
You have to stay busy, key to the wait till better days. We are currently painting. I tell my husband what ever happens we need to be ready for the unknown, and be able to put the sale sign up at any given notice.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:39 AM

160 posts, read 975,588 times
We are getting a corp. relo, so I am hoping that they can/will make and offer on our house that is worth taking. Fingers Crossed. I really hope it works out for you and will be thinking of you. Best of luck to you.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
We are getting a corp. relo, so I am hoping that they can/will make and offer on our house that is worth taking. Fingers Crossed. I really hope it works out for you and will be thinking of you. Best of luck to you.
Thank You,

That's great you have a corp. relocation, how lucky was that? and have them going where you have family? What is the company called?

We had one company relocation at one time, moved with them then they got bought after five years and ended up going to North Carolina. They ended up laying everyone off before the move.

With the interest rates still droping i believe you will get a offer on your home you'll be happy with. We are hoping to refiance here soon, if i haven't mention that alway, and look for a house that we can afford with our current one. As one that watches the real estate market everyday since 1999 i have seen that people jump at fairly low prices and interest rates. There are still thousands out there that are looking to buy.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:01 PM

602 posts, read 1,872,516 times
I have lived in Oklahoma my whole life, and Edmond by far is my favorite place to live here. Lots of beautiful homes and plenty of shopping, both upscale and regular. Two Super Walmarts, a Super Target and just about any kind of eatery you would want. If you are coming from Cali, you will definitely appreciate the real estate prices here! All three of the high schools are top notch, plus Edmond has the University of Central Oklahoma, which is the third largest university in Oklahoma. If you decide to make the move, let me know! I am a Realtor here in Edmond, and am quite familiar with the area

Old 11-18-2008, 09:49 AM

21 posts, read 71,564 times
Smile so glad to hear of someone who knows Edmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by osugirl2 View Post
I have lived in Oklahoma my whole life, and Edmond by far is my favorite place to live here. Lots of beautiful homes and plenty of shopping, both upscale and regular . . . If you decide to make the move, let me know! I am a Realtor here in Edmond, and am quite familiar with the area
I read on one of the threads Edmond being compared to a suburb full of McMansions, but almost everything else sounds great . Are there any safe neighborhoods with older, more established homes? What is the Coffee Creek area like? Are there places for seniors who still want their independence that aren't very expensive and that allow pets? I'm going to see if you've listed your realtor's website link on your profile. We (my 9 year old daughter & 75 year old mom & me) are going to visit a relative in Ardmore for Thanksgiving and think we will come up and take a look. Has having I-35 close by brought drug trafficking, meth labs, etc. to your area like it did to Ardmore? Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City