Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2019, 09:45 AM

7,887 posts, read 11,401,514 times

Advertisements

I attended a wedding in Norman last night. The reception was held at the Depot. Really a neat DT with lots of restored old buildings. I was very impressed seeing that part of Norman for the first time I can recall. It was a larger older DT area than I expected to see and all the buildings I saw where well restored. Way to go Norman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2019, 10:04 AM

17,772 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
I attended a wedding in Norman last night. The reception was held at the Depot. Really a neat DT with lots of restored old buildings. I was very impressed seeing that part of Norman for the first time I can recall. It was a larger older DT area than I expected to see and all the buildings I saw where well restored. Way to go Norman
For decades downtown Norman could never get enough traction to be a truly happenin' place. Finally in the last decade they started getting it going and now it rivals campus corner as a "go to" place in Norman. Glad somebody noticed.

Old 06-16-2019, 11:10 AM

We sure did it looked great and was pretty active.

My sister and her husband are moving back to Durant from Elk City. They liked Elk city but have rental property and kids and my mom near Durant. You helped me when hey moved to Elk City a year or so ago

Old 06-16-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
We sure did it looked great and was pretty active.

My sister and her husband are moving back to Durant from Elk City. They liked Elk city but have rental property and kids and my mom near Durant. You helped me when hey moved to Elk City a year or so ago
Happy to help. Actually I just got back from Elk City an hour ago. Glad they liked it out west OK. It's kind of tough if you are from a greener part of the state.

Old 06-17-2019, 06:49 AM

They really did like the people of Elk City and bought a neat home there as well as a duplex which they will keep. They sold their home in Elk City fast and have the duplex up for sale too. We have had a NM mountain cabin for 53 years so being in the high plains was new day to day for them, it put them closer to the NM mountain place. He loved his job at the hospital in Elk City but have a great lake side place near the medical complex in Durant and they kept it to go back to and to be near their kids still living in the DFW/ Durant area. So it was a good time even if short in Elk city but the offer to get him back to Durant was too good to pass up.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:32 PM

107 posts, read 195,174 times
How would Norman, OK be for retirement? I’m still at least 20 years out, but I do think about areas to live that are both interesting and somewhat inexpensive.

Old 06-19-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxe View Post
How would Norman, OK be for retirement? I’m still at least 20 years out, but I do think about areas to live that are both interesting and somewhat inexpensive.
Norman is fine unless you want something really scenic and you don't mind the crazy weather here at times (like recently), but Norman has the benefit of still maintaining a college town feel yet still is part of a metro closing in on 1.5 million. DFW is less than 3 hours. For scenery and tourism there are some places around Oklahoma. Particularly eastern Oklahoma and Arkansas. We are 8-9 hours to the rockies for skiing and cooling off. Other cities, Austin, Houston and KC are all less than six hours, STL, Memphis are 7-8.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City