Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 04:11 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times

Advertisements

Good luck! You will have to change your default mindset from the Irish-Italian Catholic to the Evangelical Protestant culture of the Bible Belt. (The Sunday 12:30 pm Tridentine Mass at St. John Cantius is a must on each visit to Chicago.)

Unlike Texas, OKC and Tulsa adhere to a strict street grid. It's not the Chicago grid system, but the same Jeffersonian system configured to post-war suburban sprawl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2021, 06:25 PM

24,569 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Good luck! You will have to change your default mindset from the Irish-Italian Catholic to the Evangelical Protestant culture of the Bible Belt. (The Sunday 12:30 pm Tridentine Mass at St. John Cantius is a must on each visit to Chicago.)

Unlike Texas, OKC and Tulsa adhere to a strict street grid. It's not the Chicago grid system, but the same Jeffersonian system configured to post-war suburban sprawl.
What on earth are you talking about?

Old 03-15-2021, 08:54 PM

2,825 posts, read 6,893,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Thanks for the kind words about OKC. It's kind of one of those places that it is what you make it. If a person wants to dwell ont.
Currently im in Washington DC suburbs. Trying to convince the Texas hubs to move to OKC. Im just over east and west coast living.

My parents are freaking about the Wichita earthquakes, they live 4 miles from epicenter. Have you guys felt them?

Old 03-15-2021, 08:57 PM

[quote=Threestep2;60610334]What on earth are you talking about?[/QUOTE

The real banananutjobs are in the huge cities. I love my hometown but man o man dont get me started

Old 03-16-2021, 12:32 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,452,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
What on earth are you talking about?
The Chicago area is heavily Catholic from the European immigrant groups back in the 19th century (Irish and Italians were dominant, but plenty of Eastern Europeans also immigrated there). Oklahoma is in the Bible Belt. It's the land of the Evangelical megachurch. Big change in mindset and culture!

Also the Chicago street grid and addressing system is a big deal to Chicagoans and Chicagophiles.

Old 03-16-2021, 05:30 AM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
Currently im in Washington DC suburbs. Trying to convince the Texas hubs to move to OKC. Im just over east and west coast living.

My parents are freaking about the Wichita earthquakes, they live 4 miles from epicenter. Have you guys felt them?
I don' think too much. At least not in OKC. I think there has been some activity north of Oklahoma City towards Kansas. The Kansas activity is actually due to some fault activity (Nemaha Ridge) as opposed to the oil activity that was causing the Oklahoma quakes in earlier years. Even the Oklahoma quakes settled down somewhat once they changed some of the regs on the wastewater disposal policy.

As far as the Texas hubs. Most Texans have a built in disdain for Oklahoma. Never really understood why other than the fact that if everything is bigger and better in Texas then someplace else has to be smaller and worse. They picked us for that role. I guess we were convenient.

Old 03-16-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
As far as the Texas hubs. Most Texans have a built in disdain for Oklahoma. Never really understood why other than the fact that if everything is bigger and better in Texas then someplace else has to be smaller and worse. They picked us for that role. I guess we were convenient.

Texans

Old 03-16-2021, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SluggoF16 View Post
More fun in Stillwater... (Let the food fight begin)

Im KState grad! Imagine how I feel!

Old 03-16-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
The Chicago area is heavily Catholic from the European immigrant groups back in the 19th century (Irish and Italians were dominant, but plenty of Eastern Europeans also immigrated there). Oklahoma is in the Bible Belt. It's the land of the Evangelical megachurch. Big change in mindset and culture!

Also the Chicago street grid and addressing system is a big deal to Chicagoans and Chicagophiles.
Im fron Chicago and you havent typed one thing that suggests you spent more than a week in wandering around Chicago Ave.

and yet you live in Houston.

Moron.

Go away nasty

Old 03-16-2021, 03:06 PM

8,351 posts, read 5,502,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighland View Post
Im fron Chicago and you havent typed one thing that suggests you spent more than a week in wandering around Chicago Ave.

and yet you live in Houston.

Moron.

Go away nasty
You should see what he writes about Dallas if you think that was bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City