Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 10:40 AM

1,188 posts, read 5,539,132 times

Advertisements

IMO think the people in OK are friendly and nice...and I have visited both the East and Wests coasts more than I can count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2008, 10:48 AM

62 posts, read 253,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallway View Post
I'm not cynical. Just honest. And yes. All people in Oklahoma City are like me.
I forgot to add. I'm FAR from bitter. Most people on this board can not grasp an admirable concept... It's called honesty. Take it or leave it. With me that is what you get.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:20 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,836,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I hope not all people in OKC are as bitter and cynical as you....
Thankfully, No they are not.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:25 AM

2,919 posts, read 6,836,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallway View Post
I forgot to add. I'm FAR from bitter. Most people on this board can not grasp an admirable concept... It's called honesty. Take it or leave it. With me that is what you get.
There is a difference between being honest, and being judgemental/argumentative.

The OP was asking for information about a neighborhood, NOT a critique of their profession.

Please post appropriately. - LadyR

Old 09-05-2008, 12:39 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,798,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
There is a difference between being honest, and being judgemental/argumentative.

The OP was asking for information about a neighborhood, NOT a critique of their profession.

Please post appropriately. - LadyR
Smack!

(round one)

Old 11-18-2008, 02:35 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,645,816 times
Is there anything new to report? I see some really nice places to move to. Looking for a small house...like a 1 bedroom..

Old 11-19-2008, 07:38 PM

498 posts, read 1,607,947 times
ELOrocks17, don't listen to most of these people. What is happening is that Oklahoma City is getting flooded with call centers, so it's nothing against you personally.

To answer your question, the Quail Springs/Lake Hefner region has plenty of housing options for someone like you. There won't be many small one bedroom houses other than the cottage homes currently being built 1.5 miles from Quail Springs. You might want to check there.

Also, check into apartments and condominiums. There are a plethora of options in this region, and most are decent. Stay away from Heather Ridge, Highland Ridge and Highland Glen apartments. They tend to attract the rowdy college crowd, and sometimes parties over there get out of hand. However, over on 122nd west of Lake Hefner Parkway it is more quiet and may be to your liking. It's very nice and very well kept. Lake Hefner, Martin Park and a dog park (if you have a dog) are all in the vicinity, so recreation is plentiful. And if you love golf, Lake Hefner has a public golf course.

The Quail Springs area is booming rapidly, as it is the fastest growing region of the state, but that is accompanied by heavier traffic volumes traversing streets designed for rural traffic. Thankfully, many are getting widened as fast as physics can allow. Good luck on your move, and welcome to Oklahoma City.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:20 PM

664 posts, read 2,097,585 times
If you want to look around Edmond and have a fast internet connection you can go to Google Maps and check out street view.. it is like you are driving through town. Just a disclaimer, most of the footage was taken after an ice storm so alot of houses have mounds of branchs in thier yard awaiting pickup.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:37 PM

266 posts, read 972,954 times
Hallway, you make us look bad.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:38 PM

279 posts, read 1,015,053 times
I am a fellow Okc Resident and I can tell you first hand there is plenty of friendly people here. And everyone cares and it is a great city. I dont want to start any trouble.. But the people here are Great. The city is safe and clean. The air is to..Hahaha. =]

But in all everything is kept clean and good around here. We have alot of intertainment around the downtown and bricktown area. Quail springs is a booming area with jobs and rich neighborhoods. Also golf course communities. Middle class is mainly NW Okc. Although the city is evenly spread out with middle and upper-class. Midwest And Del City arnt the most safest areas. But the whole city is working together and everyones great.

Hope that settles things..

=]

-Have A Great Day!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City