Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefwendy View Post
My husband and I are thinking of moving from Las Vegas to Oklahoma City in about a year. We are looking for quiet living so we can start a family and have a nice house. We are first time home buyers and looking for something at around 180,000 to 225,000. I am just looking for information about living in OKC and the quality of life and neighborhood information from residents. Thanks for any information.

Wendy

We moved here a year ago and schools were a big thing for us as our children are about at that age. We have found that Edmond schools are good and Deer Creek is just as good if not better. We are building a house <Moderator cut: advertising> in a subdivision in that price range. I believe they have two subdivisions in the Deer Creek School District. <Moderator cut: advertising> Good Luck!

Cat

Last edited by peggydavis; 01-27-2008 at 10:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 07:28 AM

1 posts, read 979 times
Thumbs up Edmond or Deer Creek School District

If you have kids, and dont mind a 30 minute commute to work, Edmond is the place to live. The taxes are higher, but you pay for the life style. Deer Creek school district is also in high demand, but carries a bit more taxes with it. Both areas are really great. The new homes sell at a premium. Most of the builders are local builders and really bump up the price per sq. ft. of a house, and each have some gimmicks to try to sell you the house. They all have thier own little style. Do not be fooled by all the neat little stuff or fads. Also, there is a neighborhood called The Grove. I would stay away from this joint. Looks real great, but the association fees are $350.00 and the prices of the homes are extremely outrageous for Oklahoma. Therefore, you are paying $350.00 a month and you are practically financing the big club house arena they have for 30 years ( if you decide to stay there that long). Personally, I recommend to buy a house with DR Horton. I have a background in construction from my youth, and watched the construction from day one. I was quite satisfied with the building process. Of course there was some issues, but every house with any builder has that issue. Thier prices are much lower due to profit by volume not per house, although the upgrades can add up quickly, but they are more than willing to wheel and deal. I would not be afraid to ask for $10000 worth of upgrades. Granite, stainless steel, back splash travertine, upgrade tile, full guttering, refrigerator, blinds, sprinkler, garage door opener. All they can do is say no. I know I probably sound like a salesman, but DR can give you this because a sale is a sale. $1.00 or $40,000, they still made money and that's how they operate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Oklahoma City