Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 09:32 AM

7 posts, read 16,891 times

Advertisements

One other question...can someone other than a white person be comfortable living in Lawton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 10:06 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,683,227 times
I don't see why not. Whites only make up 57.8% of the population according to city-data.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:23 PM

102 posts, read 288,247 times
I am of Asian-Pacific Islander and I feel comfortable living here in Lawton. Lawton is one of those diverse communities. The Military helped make it this way and it's such a wonderful experience for the children and adults as well to learn different cultures and enjoy them too.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:26 PM

There are 3 private schools that I know of. St. Mary's Catholic Church School, Trinity Christian Academy and Lawton Christian School. I am sure you can go to their websites and find out more specific info. Good luck!

Old 11-12-2009, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,754 times
I move to fort sill with my husband and my three year old kid. Is there anyone who can tell me how many people who live at fort sill? Im pregnant and need to know how the public health is? Is there any private hospitals with gynaecologists?

Old 11-12-2009, 08:07 PM

I live on Ft. Sill housing. Got here in June and couldn't find a thing to complain about the housing we got. I can't give you an exact figure of the residents on post but there are tons of us here. Lots of kids to play with and the playgrounds, walking trails, swimming pools, etc... are wonderful! And oh! they mow the lawn for you and rake and then take away the leaves too (must be overwhelming for the guys during this autumn season.) There are private hospitals here as well.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:42 PM

9 posts, read 45,883 times
I have gotten a kick out of Deacon's description of Lawton. Not pulling any punches!

Yeah, I guess there are some positive things about this town...if you don't have too high expectations. Sometimes you look around for Boss Hog and Roscoe P. Coltrane, because it sure seems like they run things around here.

In addition to pawn shops, bars, and fast food, there are also a lot of car washes..... ;>)

Old 02-22-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboraha View Post
Can anyone tell me who was the Mayor of Lawton, OK in 1982?
Wayne Gilley.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:28 PM

10 posts, read 17,746 times
I moved to the Lawton/Ft Sill area almost a year ago (actually live west of town in the Cache school district) and my biggest question is - who can we talk to about getting roads fixed around here? Every road in and around town are horrible, the only small strip of pavement I have found to be up to standard is on 52nd between Lee and Gore - thats it! Don't get me started on having to pay a toll to drive on the horrible highways in this state either. What in the heck are we paying a toll for if the roads are that bad? But seriously - does anyone know who to talk to find out what, if any, plan exists to fix the roads in the Lawton/Ft Sill area? Thanks.

-mkztg1

Old 03-17-2010, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkztg1 View Post
I moved to the Lawton/Ft Sill area almost a year ago (actually live west of town in the Cache school district) and my biggest question is - who can we talk to about getting roads fixed around here? Every road in and around town are horrible, the only small strip of pavement I have found to be up to standard is on 52nd between Lee and Gore - thats it! Don't get me started on having to pay a toll to drive on the horrible highways in this state either. What in the heck are we paying a toll for if the roads are that bad? But seriously - does anyone know who to talk to find out what, if any, plan exists to fix the roads in the Lawton/Ft Sill area? Thanks.

-mkztg1
City of Lawton is in charge of roads within city limits, the number for public works is listed in the phone book or on the city's website. I wouldn't get my hopes up for any long term road fixes. They will come around in the summer and use asphalt and tar to fill in potholes and cracks, but that stuff will be gone after a couple of good winter storms.

The toll on HE Bailey was supposed to disappear when the road was paid for. That was sometime around 1995, but the state knows gravy when it sees it.

Lawton city council meetings might be a good place to voice your road concerns, but in my experience, city workers in Lawton are mostly concerned about how to get out of working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma