Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2006, 12:44 PM

1 posts, read 4,333 times

Advertisements

We're selling our property in Del City and have been told Gore is a great place for retired people.
We've heard of a country property for sale but have no details. We need a liveable trailer or small home for $25,000 cash.
Any info out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2006, 12:02 PM

4 posts, read 15,328 times
Smile reply to living in gore

actually i was raised in gore, and I myself is tryin to move back there... it is a small town, but it homey... i love it.. alot of retired ppl is going there to retire and right now everything is so high down there.. but there is a mobile home place where you might be able to get you a trailor for 25,000.. i dont know though... but houses are getting so outrageous down there.. i think you would like it there... if i can help you with anything feel free to email me. at purehick@sbcglobal.net.....

Old 09-03-2006, 06:52 PM

450 posts, read 2,056,802 times
Gore is becoming a major retirement center. You might consider some other Grand Lake towns. Jay is much cheaper than Gore. Another nice area is Eucha, just south of Grand Lake. Homes on Grand Lake north of the Sail Boat bridge can be had for much less. I have a lake place that I rent out on South Grand down near Disney/Langley. Not too far away from the lake is Vinita. Things are much cheaper there. I wish you well in your search. May I suggest you contact Joe and Jackie Horton at Butler Real Estate in Langley. Real quality people and so friendly. They know the area and can find you a bargain. Butler can be accessed from most any Grand Lake website. Also just north of Gore along the Elk River arm of the Lake it is somewhat cheaper.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:05 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
I just looked at the detailed profile of Jay and Gore. Both towns say that manufacturing is one of the main industries. Does each town have a factory? What do they manufacture there?

Old 09-04-2006, 09:34 AM

4 posts, read 15,328 times
Gore does not have a manufacturing plant there ... at least not that i know of.. and i was raised there..and go there about every weekend.. maybe it meant it is the main industry that most ppl work in ..? ! i dunno...

Old 09-04-2006, 10:18 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,448,326 times
That's very possible. Maybe there is something nearby and they commute?

Old 03-14-2008, 03:02 PM

2 posts, read 7,371 times
Default relocating to gore,oklahoma

would like to rent a 3bdrm house or moble home in gore for 350.-500, if possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma