Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2007, 06:47 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,351,207 times

Advertisements

I just ordered Tahlequah Cable a few months ago, and now the cable box doesn't work. They made an appointment to send someone out to fix it or get me a new one. I sat all day long, no cable guy. I called the next day, another appointment. Finally the cable guy comes, but he doesn't know what he is doing. He puts in a new box, then realizes it doesn't work. Says he will be back in the afternoon. He doesn't return. They won't give me a timed slot like they did to install, so I have to wait. On the 3rd day I got a hold of a supervisor. She said that they would be out that day. No cable guy. I called another supervisor. She said, he will be there today, and I just talked to him. No cable guy. On the fourth day it was getting late, so I called yet another supervisor. She said, "He is just picking up and will be there in half an hour." No cable guy. And to take that we had to get into a contract for a year or two and if we cancel we have to pay $250. And yet we are not getting the service we paid for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2007, 04:52 AM

Woke up yesterday morning and they had taken off our movie channels, and we are paid up for another month. My husband decided to or Direct TV. Now maybe they went off all on their own, but I doubt that very much. It would be too much of a coincidence.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:06 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Goodness. I don't know how that crappy organization even stays in business. Yes, by all means go with DirecTV or Dish Network. Cable TV companies ALWAYS seem to have the very worst customer service, but this takes the cake. They are HORRIBLE!

Old 08-06-2007, 05:28 AM

Getting of a contract isn't easy, so I may call a lawyer this morning.

I have read the boards looking for answers, and people are complaining about them all. Even Direct TV, but at least they only ask for $150 if you break contract. I want to add a clause in it such as if you never show up for appointments this contract is broken. One guy was harassed every hour by phone by collection agencies. If he had gotten a new number I suppose they would have sent Dog after him. (Only saw that show once, and once was enough.) I had Direct TV before, but they wanted $70 to come out and fix the TV after we unplugged it to put in a new floor. I had a $6 a month insurance so they would come out for free, but that was, as we learned, only for power outages or surges. So we canceled and went to cable. We were out of our contract by then. So next time we don't tell them that we unplugged our TV. When we had it before they would just set it up on the phone. We had a trailer and were moving around, and it was free to do this. We never needed anyone to come out.

Believe me, everyone I meet in Tahlequah will hear about this company.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:04 PM

Jammie, can you either delete this thread or put the topic, how to handle Tahlequah Cable or something else that may even sound better.

I called my friend today, and she said that she had the runaround when calling their phone number because they direct you to a company in Arkansas, so she told me to go to the office in town, which I did, and they said that I must be new here because I should never go through Arkansas but to ask to be directed to their office or come in. The guy came out less than an hour later and fixed my cable box. My friend had faced the same issues. So if anything people need to know if you get cable here deal directly with the office and them only.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:28 PM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,122 times
I'm glad you got your cable fixed, Jessaka. It can be so maddening to call those numbers. They may not have even been in Arkansas for all we know. It just goes to show some of the advantages of small town life that you can just go to the local office and get everything corrected. You probably parked right outside their door too.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:45 PM

Thanks Jammie. You did a great job of renaming it.

Yes, peggy, it can be frustrating. now i need to sit down in front of the TV so I can actually relax for the first time this week. They probably would have told me to come in if I had come in in the first place, but I ordered it via telephone and probably some other State. They told me in the office that it goes to Arkansas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma