Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 10:48 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times

Advertisements

The campaign for the petition to vote on legalizing medical marijuana Oklahoma now says it has nearly 1/2 of the total signatures required to get it on the ballot in November. It must have over 156,000 signatures by Aug. 19. So there is still a lot of work left to do on it.

If you still haven't signed the petition and want to, sites for doing that can be found here: LegalizeOK.
Only registered Oklahoma voters are qualified to sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 03:12 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,280,619 times
Hmm. Interesting that you despise all Native American, Black, Hispanic, Asian and White "cretins" alike. Even though they live in Oklahoma, vote in Oklahoma, and pay income taxes to Oklahoma, pay retail taxes to Oklahoma, pay business taxes to Oklahoma, pay real estate taxes to Oklahoma, and fees to Oklahoma colleges for their education. Why?

Because any well educated, well read, well funded, and well disciplined person can hate everyone and every thing that is disagreeable to him/her.

On a scale of one to ten I would rather be the cretin than than the racist.

[quote=Griffis;35392461
And no, this isn't a shout out for the #@%& Democratic Party. I despise those cretins equally.[/QUOTE]

Old 07-05-2014, 09:12 PM

In ref to above, please be observant enough to post in the correct thread.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
The campaign for the petition to vote on legalizing medical marijuana Oklahoma now says it has nearly 1/2 of the total signatures required to get it on the ballot in November. It must have over 156,000 signatures by Aug. 19. So there is still a lot of work left to do on it.

If you still haven't signed the petition and want to, sites for doing that can be found here: LegalizeOK.
Only registered Oklahoma voters are qualified to sign.
The campaign had a great 4th of July in Stillwater, especially at the lake where 1000s gathered for the fireworks. The petition got around 600 signatures with 20 volunteers recruited. With around half of the signatures now gathered that are needed by Aug. 19, there's still a lot more work left to do. I suspect enthusiasm for the cause is still building, and if it doesn't peak out too soon, they should be able to pull it off. Oklahoma can do it!

Old 07-09-2014, 11:07 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,089,828 times
The legalization of marijuana is horrible for America. It will destroy the will of people to be productive other than to get high and grow dope... just as it has here in Kalifornia... where it has been an environmental disaster...

Growing dope is simply narco terrorism... home grown.. no pun intended

Every state thats doing it has reaped the negative outcome of it... risk vs reward.. the reward isnt worth it

We dont have to listen to internet garbage about how good it is... it isnt..

Now that we see large scale use of it we are also seeing the large scale negatives.. health issues, psychiatric issues, motivation issues, tax issues, enviromental issues, social welfare issues

Like most other "legalized" things that alter the human consciousness the abuse factor is over the top.. after all.. unlike some other drugs the point of marijuana is to be stoned.. and since thc content has exponentially gone up.. from like 2-3 percent in the 70s to 35 percent today.. one toke and your brain is up in smoke..

Who exactly is going to do the work necessary to run your state and to run our country.. a stoner? I think not..
What we have seen in Kalifornia is huge groups of lowlifes moving in and taking over towns for marijuana production

Remember lobster boy.. the surfer on national news eating lobster surfing and smoking dope while colleccting his ebt welfare card... thats what marijuana legalization does

We cant make it run for long with people like that.. already here in kalifornia 1/2 of us support the other 1/2...

I hope Oklahoma remains free of the wholesale use of this narcotic.

Old 07-09-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Who exactly is going to do the work necessary to run your state and to run our country.. a stoner? I think not..
What we have seen in Kalifornia is huge groups of lowlifes moving in and taking over towns for marijuana production
What's makes you think everybody will have to start smoking marijuana if it should become legal? I would seldom expect to smoke it, because just like cigarettes do, it would make me cough with the smoke smelling up the house.

If you believe marijuana smokers must be put in prison, where is the money coming from to build more prisons to house them?

But seriously, notmeofficer, I don't think you have the slightest idea as to what you're talking about. That is most certainly for sure. Make NO doubt about it, whatsoever. Have you ever actually tried smoking before? I quite seriously doubt it.

Old 07-09-2014, 05:03 PM

Location: The edge of the world and all of Western civilization
984 posts, read 1,192,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
What's makes you think everybody will have to start smoking marijuana if it should become legal? I would seldom expect to smoke it, because just like cigarettes do, it would make me cough with the smoke smelling up the house.

If you believe marijuana smokers must be put in prison, where is the money coming from to build more prisons to house them?

But seriously, notmeofficer, I don't think you have the slightest idea as to what you're talking about. That is most certainly for sure. Make NO doubt about it, whatsoever. Have you ever actually tried smoking before? I quite seriously doubt it.
Your first question is easy to answer: it's against his views, so he's made up a horrible future of what it will do to society. It's like when people have that ludicrous idea that no restrictions on abortion and legalized same-sex marriage mean you're forced to engage in both. It makes no sense and has no foundation in anything, but it's what they believe so it must be true. He conveniently left out the disappointing marijuana sales in Colorado, as they were much lower than originally anticipated. And that so far, only a single store selling marijuana has opened up in Seattle (and all of Washington state for that matter).

Most of these ideas are like the fictitious "death panels" associated with Obamacare, or even sillier, the "War on Christmas". He didn't bother to cite any research about "health issues, psychiatric issues, motivation issues, tax issues, enviromental issues, social welfare issues"... But for the sake of consistency I sure hope he's in support of a "fat tax" for health issues, increased gun control for psychiatric issues, expanding mental health care for motivation issues, his tax issues argument is vague and nonsensical, more regulations on gasoline and industry for environmental issues, and higher taxes to support social issues. I did say I hope, but I'm willing to bet he's selective on those points: only as they pertain to the marijuana industry. That single guy he mentioned reeks of Fox News, as they're really the only ones who covered an individual in a state of nearly 39 million people.

As a side note, I find it ironic that a state that expands social liberties is referred to (and very poorly) as a Nazi state (like that oh-so-very-tired spelling with a K) while states with more invasive, restrictive laws such as Oklahoma are considered by these same people to be "the land of liberty".

Old 07-10-2014, 07:57 AM

Neither of you is accurate
Kalifornia is one of the most highly regulated states in the US... highly taxed.. highly controlled (poorly) on personal behavor
Oklahoma rates as one of the highest in personal freedoms...abet mj..which it is still highly restrictive on
As is typical for the internet...people who want to use drugs do not look at the negative evidence about mj use
Washington state has only put more demand on illegal kalifornia narco traffickers.
I seen it all and heard every promise made by dope users... every one a lie.

There is but one truth. . Dopers just want to get high without accountability for their actions... it isn't liberty... its lunacy
What ends up happening is everything I said...all dopers can do is attack messengers of reason. I lived in a beautiful northern California county destroyed by marijuana... it isn't the innocent drug people like to say it is.
Do do it Oklahoma ... don't listen to the pro drug shysters

Old 07-10-2014, 12:03 PM

Oklahoma only ranks good on economic freedom. But only no. 31 for personal freedom. I wouldn't mind enjoying some more freedom and liberty without the bother of having to move to some other state to find it. I think the legal right to sell at least medical marijuana would further enhance Oklahoma's economic freedom.

I happen to have compassion for anyone who needs medical marijuana in Oklahoma, especially for those little children who have severe epilepsy for which conventional medicine helps little. But such children with epilepsy may be quite treatable with a special form of medical marijuana oil, if given the legal chance in Oklahoma. Some of those children may die, if denied this chance. Going to Colorado for treatment is possible, but it presents quite a heavy burden on the families of these children. They are Oklahomans. They deserve better treatment and consideration. So please sign the petition to vote on legalizing medical marijuana in Oklahoma, if you haven't already. More info on how to do that at Oklahomans For Health Also info at Oklahoma Compassionate Care Campaign

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 07-10-2014 at 12:14 PM..

Old 07-10-2014, 04:12 PM

I have no problem with medical marijuana for really sick people... but... and there is a huge but... it is obscenely abused here in kalifornia... and the line was stretched so many times there isn't one anymore
Can't sleep...feel stressed.. don't like your boss..be a 15 year old with chronic back pain... gets a recommendation. The line... do no more harm... gets blurred.

Now... how about letting the pharmacology makers sell it...instead of neighbors growing it.

And I also wouldn't support the very lax script recs here where doctor feel good writes 30 scripts a day....for anything under the sun... total joke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma