Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:07 AM

68 posts, read 232,095 times

Advertisements

Here's a funny question for you Oklahomans:

Does Stillwater or the OSU campus has a Starbucks?

I am starting to work at Starbucks this week and figured that I could work at one while I'm at college for more money and such.

Also is it sad that I am so excited to go to OSU that I had a dream I went to the OSU v. OU football game?

Thanks guys and gals for clearing up the whole deal about tornadoes in OK and where OK stand about being south or midwest.

Peggydavis when you say you don't have a lot of civil war feeling around there does that mean that race isn't a big deal and there aren't a lot of confederate flags flying and such?

Cindycat thanks for telling me your story with the military. To be honest I have no idea what any of those planes are but I'm sure when I get to ROTC they'll teach me all about them.

Well guys thats all for me now. It's 69 degrees outside right now so I figure I should get outside and enjoy the weather while it lasts!

Cheers!
Casey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 10:16 AM

689 posts, read 2,058,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseySimplified View Post
Also is it sad that I am so excited to go to OSU that I had a dream I went to the OSU v. OU football game?

Cheers!
Casey

So here's my question...who won? Since it was a dream, OSU had a chance of winning. But, hey, when you're a Cowboy fan, you just gotta keep hoping. There's always a chance!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2008, 10:23 AM

I think I woke up before the end of it or got side tracked and did something else in my dream. So as much as I'd like to say OSU won, I don't know.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:27 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
"to Be Announced"

Old 02-18-2008, 11:32 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
Oklahoma State University Residential Life - Stillwater

Looks like they may. Read the right side of this link.

It is not sad that you are going to Stillwater OSU.

I have not seen confederate flags here. Racism is a low issue as far as I can tell. The south flys the flag, we burn them. Just joking abuot the burning. I have not seen one confederate flag in OK. I did when I lived in the south, and I left the south due to racism, even thought I am mostly white or whatever that is.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:47 AM

Yea it looks like they have a Starbucks. I'm glad the whole race deal isn't such a big deal in OK. I know in Maryland it is sort of a deal but no one really talks about it.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:42 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Yeah, the first Starbucks drive in opened in Stillwater in just the past month. Last fall a Starbucks opened inside the Food Pyramid, a large grocer nearby. It's just a small reflection of all the new stores that have been opening up in Stillwater for the past few years with many of them, such as Petco, not present in Oklahoma's other larger small towns. After all, Stillwater is one of Oklahoma's fastest growing cities outside a metro area. And OSU has hardly begun on it's huge new athletic village.

Pictured below is the view from the new Starbucks Drive In in Stillwater. Highly prominent is Gallagher-Iba Arena and Boone Pickens Stadium. Look closely on the right side and you can see some of the framework on the upper part of the new west end zone that's been under construction. (When finished, I bet OSU will have one of the most beautiful college football stadiums in the country.) From high points in Stillwater these two buildings really stand out on the horizon. On the left side of the picture Panera Bread can be seen dwarfed.

If you haven't already, you can see some pictures of more sights in Stillwater at: Stillwater, Oklahoma (OK) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 02-18-2008 at 08:59 PM..

Old 02-18-2008, 08:54 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,983,404 times
yeah, there is a starbucks, but there are better coffee shops around........

Old 02-19-2008, 03:56 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,352,184 times
Good point made Goodpasture. But some people like certain Starbucks coffees. I like their scones with orange and cranberries. I am not a coffee drinker. We have a Starbucks in Tahlequah now, but that won't help Casey. I want Muskogee to get a Sam's or Costco, and I want Tahlequah to get a Trader Joes.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:38 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,620,799 times
If Casey works at Starbucks now, he can probably transfer and have a ready made job in Stillwater.

I sometimes but rarely see a Confederate flag. It is more here about the lifestyle in that old TV show that I can't remember the name of right now. The two boys called their hot rod car The General and spent a lot of time speeding around on dirt roads.

Racism exists everywhere I guess, but there is not much in OK. We do talk about it though. That's the best way to prevent racism, just having communication.

I hope you look good in orange Casey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma