Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 08:15 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times

Advertisements

Just got back to Oklahoma this past week. I noticed a lot of people with bandanas as masks here. Something that I rarely saw in Arizona. I think its sort of a cool way of incorporating western culture with our current situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2020, 02:06 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Just got back to Oklahoma this past week. I noticed a lot of people with bandanas as masks here. Something that I rarely saw in Arizona. I think its sort of a cool way of incorporating western culture with our current situation.

Correct!

We're not afraid to embrace our Western, Cowboy, and Outlaw heritage.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:18 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
my concern would be, if all you wear over your face is a bandana are you really protecting others from the virus? Masks need to have filters or be heavier than just a piece of cloth. Don't get me wrong, I am not a worrier nor do I always wear a mask. In fact I am pretty bad about it, but I am just thinking, if masks really do work, will a bandana really work? We see them here as well and if I could find one I would be wearing it.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:49 AM

24,569 posts, read 10,869,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
my concern would be, if all you wear over your face is a bandana are you really protecting others from the virus? Masks need to have filters or be heavier than just a piece of cloth. Don't get me wrong, I am not a worrier nor do I always wear a mask. In fact I am pretty bad about it, but I am just thinking, if masks really do work, will a bandana really work? We see them here as well and if I could find one I would be wearing it.
WalMart (check end caps at shoes), every craft store, ....

Old 05-27-2020, 05:00 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:

nmnita - Here's a "good one" IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Bandanas as covid masks in Oklahoma-98434525_963055574112695_8627478335653412864_n.jpg  

Old 05-27-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
I wear a mask at big box stores which tend to be more crowded but not in smaller ones. I noticed lately in Oklahoma that many workers are required by their employers to wear masks but the wear them down on their chin only. There is a lot of fatigue to all of this I think.

Old 06-13-2020, 11:52 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,745,013 times
Quote:
Lord doing it in California too

Old 06-13-2020, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Lord doing it in California too

I wonder if wearing a bandana does anything to keep you from catching the virus?

Old 06-16-2020, 06:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
I wonder if wearing a bandana does anything to keep you from catching the virus?
No masks do much toward catching the virus as we have been told, but wearing them helps protect others. Actually my doctor does say, some more recent studies have shown masks may give us a little protection. I still say, we really don't see to have any answers that are fool proof.

Old 06-16-2020, 06:48 AM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
No masks do much toward catching the virus as we have been told, but wearing them helps protect others. Actually my doctor does say, some more recent studies have shown masks may give us a little protection. I still say, we really don't see to have any answers that are fool proof.
It was interesting about those two hair stylists in Springfield, MO. Both had tested positive but they didn't spread the virus despite exposing a hundred and forty or so customers. They wore masks and did a little bit of social distancing in the shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma