Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:06 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm a very recent transplant, but as LR said, we got here as soon as we could
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 09:53 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
Goodpasture is an Okie, as well as RedBIrd. There are a few others.

Myself, I moved here from MA 4 years ago. Best move I ever made.

Where abouts are you?
if you were asking me I live in Owasso but moved here from Utah. Everyone that is from here likes it or if they moved away are trying to get back so thats great!

Old 05-29-2008, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRobyn View Post
It's not MY fault that I was born in CA. I got here as soon as I could!

My Dad was born and raised in Waurika, (now lives in Duncan) my Grampa, Great-Grampa and supposedly my Great-Great Grampa are all buried here. Does that count?
It all counts and your family came from here!

Old 05-29-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I'm an Okie (from Gerty), but have not lived in the state for 18 years.. I'm working on getting back though.
It seems from the responses if people are from Oklahoma and they move, they want to get back. You must of loved it here!

Old 05-29-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs_moby73 View Post
My great-great grandparents arrived in Oklahoma on a covered wagon and most of my family has been there since. I left during college and then married a Navy man, but we are doing our best to get back there. Even though I've been gone for well over a decade, I still consider myself an Oklahoman.
Hurry back then! We will be glad to have you

Old 05-29-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindycat View Post
I was raised in Miami, went to college in Stillwater, then lived in Oklahoma City until I was 60, in 2005. I'm still an Okie, despite living in western Washington - - and I intend to move back just as soon as I can!!
Hurry back, we will welcome you. I am just glad that everyone that leaves wants to come back that is a good sign for me since I am new to this state.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:06 AM

Schousse why does Owasso have alot of people from other areas...just curious.

I guess from what I have read from everyone's posts there are alot of people from here that are still here or moved and want back. That makes me feel so much better as I was missing the state where I came from but maybe it's because my kids are still there. Family is important to have around Hopefully the Oklahoma people here can become my family!

Old 05-29-2008, 03:34 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,069,875 times
Once you live here you will be hooked. I was born here and omg it was SO SMALL when I was 16. I hit the road as fast as I could... from Eufaula. Lived in Tahlequah, Tulsa, OKC, Tampa, then was OTR with my trucking hubby as a team driver for a year. I was SO HAPPY to come home. Of course, that was 15 years after I wanted to leave. It is one of those things I think everyone has to do to appreciate what we have.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:59 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Schousse why does Owasso have alot of people from other areas...just curious.
Owasso was a small farm community during the 50's and early 60's. During the 60's the people of Tulsa who had been living in what is now North Tulsa (just south of Turley) moved south and east. They are the hardworking, blue collar workers that created the post WWII middle class. A lot of them moved to Broken Arrow and Jenks. But lots, both Boeing, Rockwell and AA employees moved to Owasso due to the proximity to the airport. They focused on two primary issues (in all three communities): building good schools, and building strong churches. By doing so they created exceptionally attractive communities where builders and developers invested in nice neighborhoods. This in turn has attracted lots of immigrants. The Tulsa job market is attracting people constantly. Broken Arrow, Union, Owasso, Jenks, Glenpool, Skiatook, Collinsville, Sapulpa, and Catoosa have provided exceptional homes and schools and churches for those who are moving in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
I guess from what I have read from everyone's posts there are alot of people from here that are still here or moved and want back. That makes me feel so much better as I was missing the state where I came from but maybe it's because my kids are still there. Family is important to have around Hopefully the Oklahoma people here can become my family!
Sure, come on over, kick your shoes off. We'll put on some fresh iced tea..........we'll become kin..........you understand kin? Those people we chose to care for, frequently blood relatives, but often enough just people we cherish.........all it takes is the be cherished in return.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:26 PM

1,355 posts, read 4,186,541 times
I'm happy to hear that many people you've met are transplants. Obviously Oklahoma is doing something right to attract new people here. We joke about keeping all the transplants out but it's always a good sign for the economy when the population is growing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma