Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2008, 09:59 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,542,392 times

Advertisements

On our way back from Dallas we stopped at an incredible catfish retaurant called McGehee's Catfish Restaurant.

It is located on the Red River which is mostly dry. The hills you see in the background is Texas. The restaurant is sitting right on the TX/OK border.

It has a little airfield where people can park their aircraft and walk to the retaurant for lunch or dinner.

It is a bit of a drive off the beaten path but definately worth it. We have NEVER had catfish this good. And we have tested a lot of it.

We also stopped in a small town in the Gainstville, TX area called Muenster, TX. It is a German town with a German supermarket. Of course, we had to stock up on brats, dry sausages, etc etc.

It is quite an industious town: it has a huge feedmill, an award winning meat plant, etc etc etc

Muenster, Cooke Co., Texas

Quote:
Muenster has a growning population of more than 1,556. Most are descendants of a small group of German settlers who founded the community in 1889.
FEEDMILL

MUENSTER MAIN STREET

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 11:11 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Nice pics, Schousse! How many catfish did GP eat? We go to that place on I-40 Seminole exit. They have some good eatin's there too.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:47 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,320,318 times
Do you guys have any idea how depressing it is to read about - and sometimes see - pictures of food, restaurants, places I'll never go to? All it does is make my keyboard sticky from drool.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:22 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,976,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Nice pics, Schousse! How many catfish did GP eat? We go to that place on I-40 Seminole exit. They have some good eatin's there too.
More than I should have......but they sacrificed their all for a good cause......

Old 09-29-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Do you guys have any idea how depressing it is to read about - and sometimes see - pictures of food, restaurants, places I'll never go to? All it does is make my keyboard sticky from drool.
I am sorry, K ....... we'll have to pick you up and take you out some time!!!!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
I am sorry, K ....... we'll have to pick you up and take you out some time!!!!
Yeah, yeah. At least you didn't take a pic of the food on the plate, like LR did. And I have a spare keyboard somewhere - if Lola hasn't found it and stepped on it, anyway. The one I'm using was new right before I left WA, and now it's disgusting, no matter how many times I clean it!

Old 09-29-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
Yeah, yeah. At least you didn't take a pic of the food on the plate, like LR did. And I have a spare keyboard somewhere - if Lola hasn't found it and stepped on it, anyway. The one I'm using was new right before I left WA, and now it's disgusting, no matter how many times I clean it!
Actually, I did take a picture of the food but thought it would be too much to post.

And yes, we WILL pick you up for lunch or dinner next time we are in your neck of the woods!!

Old 09-29-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
Actually, I did take a picture of the food but thought it would be too much to post.

And yes, we WILL pick you up for lunch or dinner next time we are in your neck of the woods!!
I believe you. I just am still thinking of that onion burger LR posted the pic of last winter. It totally ruined whatever it was I was having for dinner. Actually, most of the stickiness of my keyboard is due more to reading posts in some of the other forums while eating or drinking. BIG mistake! CD really needs a beverage alert icon, though the ones who need it most would never think of using it.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:49 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
I eat bachelor food most of the time. So hearing of a good food always gets my interest. We have catfish in the freezer from a work friend, but have never gotten around to making the house stink with it yet.

(BTW, Kari, you had visitors sunday, but no one answered the door, I guess you were out nude sunbathing again... Don wanted to peek over the fence to see your horse and I warned him there is no telling what he might see.)

Old 09-29-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
I eat bachelor food most of the time. So hearing of a good food always gets my interest. We have catfish in the freezer from a work friend, but have never gotten around to making the house stink with it yet.

(BTW, Kari, you had visitors sunday, but no one answered the door, I guess you were out nude sunbathing again... Don wanted to peek over the fence to see your horse and I warned him there is no telling what he might see.)
If it was daylight, I was probably in back shoveling. Want some compost next spring?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma