Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 02:02 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Hey!
Hey backatcha! Where have you been?

We miss you dude!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 02:45 PM

215 posts, read 525,105 times
Default Hey yourself!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
Hey!
At least you are still with us. Hey right back. Give us more!

Old 11-17-2008, 05:37 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,537,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karibear View Post
You hit the 'quote' button on the lower right of the post, delete the quote markings from the beginning and end of what you see in a new box, then type in whatever you want. Then highlight the parts from the orginal post that you are responding to and choose the 'wrap quote' icon from the top. If you don't delete all the quote stuff in the beginning you can still do it, but it looks funny.
Sounds like we have a new Computer Girl in the house! HEY!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:27 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
Sounds like we have a new Computer Girl in the house! HEY!
Not really... my computer has a serious case of the sloooowwws, and I haven't yet figured out how to fix that! But sharing what I've discovered the hard way [trial and error] is different.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 AM

126 posts, read 246,334 times
Quote:
You hit the 'quote' button on the lower right of the post, delete the quote markings from the beginning and end of what you see in a new box, then type in whatever you want. Then highlight the parts from the orginal post that you are responding to and choose the 'wrap quote' icon from the top.
OK, let's see if this works!

Old 11-17-2008, 10:13 AM

I'm halfway there, Karibear. Mine doesn't say
"Originally posted by so-and-so" above the quote.

What did I do wrong?

Old 11-17-2008, 10:55 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,324,133 times
old_grouch:

Quote:
I'm halfway there, Karibear.
Halfway is better than lost in the fog.

Quote:
Mine doesn't say "Originally posted by so-and-so" above the quote.
It's within the first quote, so you have to be careful what you delete.

Quote:
What did I do wrong?
Not a thing. I should have been a bit clearer on it. See how it looks now?

Old 11-20-2008, 04:13 PM

171 posts, read 327,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_grouch View Post
My husband and I noticed that Oklahoma was the only state where every county voted Republican. We are seriously considering leaving the Northeast for an area where we can feel more compatible with the majority of residents. We have lived most of our lives in this area where this is not the case. I would be interested in suggestions for areas of Oklahoma where you think there is strong support for smaller government, Second Amendment, property rights, sanctity of life, and the original Constitution, and where it might stay that way for a while.

I lived in Harrah, Oklahoma from 1979-1981, and found it a very relaxed friendly place. We live in the country and would be looking for enough property that my husband could have a little shooting range and no one would hear our barking dogs because we have a breed that tends to be barky. My husband is a potter, and we currently sell from our home studio and at local shows. Any suggestions of areas to look into would be appreciated.
Try looking at land just South of Norman, Oklahoma. There is lots of red clay in our area, just South of Lake Thunderbird. Norman, Oklahoma is a really nice little town, being the home of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners! And, of course, Oklahoma City is a short drive up I-35.

Frankoma Pottery is in Oklahoma. You can check them out on the internet.

We gripe about property taxes, low income, religious freaks, high prices, etc., just like most places, but I can say that I much prefer to be here than any place I have visited in Pennsylvania. TOO MANY PEOPLE there! Scenery is nice, though. I feel people here are much friendly here. They are not afraid to look at you and smile. Don't want anything from you either, while smiling!

I love the peace and quiet in our area. I only go to town when I have to! The nearest grocery store is 9 miles away! I love it. I've been to Pennsylvania many times. Where the groundhog comes out each year. I liked PA, but I like it here much better. Most people are very helpful and like new people coming in. There's a sense of community here.

Politics is a mystery here. Most people I know do not have a clue as to how their Representative or Senator has voted. They seem to listen to the people on the TV station. That is an entire subject on it's own! Seems everybody knows somebody you might be talking about! Small world. I could probably talk more with you and most likely I would know someone you know. I was visiting in Punxysutawney Chamber of Commerce when a local there asked me if I knew about the I-40 bridge collapse a few years back. Well, yes, I said. (It was just down the road from our Lake Eufaula home). Seems her sister-in-law was killed in the accident. I told her how us Okies felt so badly about the accident and loss of life. She seemed to feel comforted by me telling her about how horrible it was to us. You never know who you will meet, or where.

Oh, just a little foot-note: In my opinion I am beginning to think our voting machines are fixed here! Ha..ha..

Old 11-22-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hippie Lady View Post
Try looking at land just South of Norman, Oklahoma. There is lots of red clay in our area, just South of Lake Thunderbird. Norman, Oklahoma is a really nice little town, being the home of the University of Oklahoma.
At this point, we seem to be most attracted to the southeast quadrant, sort of south of 40 and east of 35. But that may change.

Quote:
We gripe about property taxes, low income, religious freaks, high prices, etc., just like most places, but I can say that I much prefer to be here than any place I have visited in Pennsylvania. TOO MANY PEOPLE there! Scenery is nice, though.
Well, when our property taxes went over $5000, that was one of the factors that made us talk a little more seriously of emigrating from the Northeast. Pennsylvania is beautiful. But today it is in the 20's plus wind chill and tonite supposed to be 19 again, and I see that Ardmore was 57 today and going down to 45. Nice!

Quote:
I love the peace and quiet in our area. I only go to town when I have to! The nearest grocery store is 9 miles away! I love it.
Well, 9 miles isn't bad at all. We shop at a supermarket that is about that far, actually. I drive 25 miles (through country, no highway) to work, and if we want to go to Home Depot, Lowe's, Target, etc., it's about 18-20 miles.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:39 PM

171 posts, read 327,010 times
Default Relocation Suggestions

Try searching land/homes around Tuttle, Blanchard, Mustang, etc. It has grown so much out in that area (South of I-40 & East of I-35. My son lived there and he loved it. There is now a Turnpike wraping around from the Edmond, OK (North of OKC) all the way around the West side of OKC, and back down to I-35. It's the "Kilpatrick" Turnpike. It's nice. Large, beautiful homes have been built from the West side of Norman all the way out to Tuttle & Blanchard. It's a really nice, clean area. Rolling hills, quarter-horse farms, etc. And, very affordable housing. You get a lot for your money here.

I can remember when the roads were not even paved out that way! How time flies!

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma