Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2009, 04:47 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,146,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I'd call that "Dirty Dancing".
Only if you spill a little oil
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 11:15 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,541,906 times
Kari, I dropped off some apples and a few of those onions that are growing in our yard. They are half red delicious and half jonacle. They weren't quite ready last week and today I saw about 50 on the ground, so I guess the deer are knocking em down.

We never planted the onions. They have baby onions growing at the top of the stalks so if you want, you can throw them on the ground and let them grow wild for you too.

We never water the onions, they grow underneath the crepe myrtle tree.

P.S. Your vicious attack dog nearly chewed my ankle off.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:30 AM

3,724 posts, read 9,326,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Kari, I dropped off some apples and a few of those onions that are growing in our yard. They are half red delicious and half jonacle. They weren't quite ready last week and today I saw about 50 on the ground, so I guess the deer are knocking em down.

We never planted the onions. They have baby onions growing at the top of the stalks so if you want, you can throw them on the ground and let them grow wild for you too.

We never water the onions, they grow underneath the crepe myrtle tree.

P.S. Your vicious attack dog nearly chewed my ankle off.
Baloney. She just wanted you to come in and play! Did you see Lola tied out? She's doing a pretty good job on the grass.

Lola and the goats can have the wormy ones, I'm eating one right now that's quite tasty. I did plant onions, around 200 or so, and only one survived the spring rain. That one got soaked one time too many, and when I pulled it up, it was rotten. My 'garden' consists of the tomato plants in the buckets, and no matter how many blossoms they pump out, they don't turn into tomatoes. My neighbors across the corner who have a really nice garden [not the little one you can see from the road] had to replant 3 times before stuff actually started growing. And they are having the same problem with their tomatoes, only they have a lot more, so they are getting some, at least.

Remember what I said about the dehydrator. It's inside and set up, so if you want some dried apple rings, let me know and keep bringing them by.

Old 08-16-2009, 12:34 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,987,416 times
It's too hot for tomatoes......move them into the shade in the afternoons or put a tent or screen around them

Old 08-16-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
It's too hot for tomatoes......move them into the shade in the afternoons or put a tent or screen around them
Or just rub a little sun-tan lotion on them

Old 08-16-2009, 01:35 PM

3,724 posts, read 9,326,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
They are in the shade. My front porch only gets a couple hours of sun in late evening, and only part of it at that.

Old 08-16-2009, 04:18 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,541,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Or just rub a little sun-tan lotion on them
And a beach umbrella? The retired sheriff down the road brought us yellow squash and a few maters. His wife said their tomatoes did not do well at all.

I pulled all our tomatoes out that were in pots. FAIL. I am going to incubate the peach seeds in them and then plant them in the "orchard". I saw 3 turkeys out this past week.

The coons wiped out our pear tree. I found the coon near the porch two or three days ago. The GSD done killed him. At least he died full.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
And a beach umbrella? The retired sheriff down the road brought us yellow squash and a few maters. His wife said their tomatoes did not do well at all.

I pulled all our tomatoes out that were in pots. FAIL. I am going to incubate the peach seeds in them and then plant them in the "orchard". I saw 3 turkeys out this past week.

The coons wiped out our pear tree. I found the coon near the porch two or three days ago. The GSD done killed him. At least he died full.
Whats a mater?

Old 08-16-2009, 05:46 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,434,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Whats a mater?
You wouldn't understand. put "to" in front of it.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:11 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,987,416 times
If he doesn't know what one is, why would he want to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma