Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 04:52 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times

Advertisements

I think the death penalty is the easy way out. I say lock 'em up for the rest of their lives in less than spectacular conditions. If I were to be imprisoned for life, I'd rather someone give me a shot and send me out of this world.

I also believe in DNA testing for ANYONE sentenced to death row. There are people out there that have spent decades in prison for crimes they did not even commit. Texas leads the nation in that category. It's a horrendous tragedy when someone is locked up for a crime they didn't commit, and most of it is because of prosecutor misconduct/hiding evidence to get their "conviction rate" up.

The majority of those freed in Texas in the past few years (if not all) because of new DNA evidence were/are African Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2009, 05:38 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
I am for the death penalty though. I am sure you libs will have some thing to say about that.
How can you make the assumption that a "lib" would be against the death penalty?

Personally, I am neither lib nor conservative. I prefer to make up my own mind on various issues without the input of talking heads, like Rush who uses the word "liberal" the way some KKK members use the N word.

Most of the people I know are neither liberal or conservative. It just depends on the issue and their reasons may be religious or not. You are generalizing which is just too convenient and slanderous without basis.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:59 PM

144 posts, read 484,748 times
Sorry, I didn't mean to call you a liberal. I have a lot of friends that are liberals that love being called Lib, Liberal, whatever.

If the person was convicted of murder without a reason of doubt then they should have the death penalty. I don't feel that we should keep them around and pay for them to be in prison.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:07 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
I am a liberal. I carry. I am a member of the NRA. I volunteered and fought in Viet Nam. I am for the death penalty, but only out of compassion. When a person has forfeited their right to live in society, then a grave is certainly the most viable, economical option.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:19 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasomeday View Post
I also know families where the girl had the baby and gave it up for adoption. She and the guy were fine with it and the family that couldn't have the baby were too.

I am not for the death penalty for abortionist. It is not against the law. I am for the death penalty though. I am sure you libs will have some thing to say about that.

I am for Coburn because he believes in a small government with less spending, lower taxes, and more freedom for the average citizen. He does not believe in giving money to special interest groups which a lot of senators do (pork).
Unfortunately for society, too many girls who get pregnant and continue the pregnancy DO NOT give up the baby for adoption. That's one reason why overseas adoptions have become so common.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:35 PM

5,546 posts, read 9,506,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
How can you make the assumption that a "lib" would be against the death penalty?

Personally, I am neither lib nor conservative. I prefer to make up my own mind on various issues without the input of talking heads, like Rush who uses the word "liberal" the way some KKK members use the N word.

Most of the people I know are neither liberal or conservative. It just depends on the issue and their reasons may be religious or not. You are generalizing which is just too convenient and slanderous without basis.
>>>>>
<<<<<

An excellent point, Redbird. VERY well said. I think your statement very nearly encapsulates the political views of the vast majority of Okies.

Last edited by Bass&Catfish2008; 04-14-2009 at 09:44 PM..

Old 04-19-2009, 09:36 AM

2,825 posts, read 7,546,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
Unfortunately for society, too many girls who get pregnant and continue the pregnancy DO NOT give up the baby for adoption. That's one reason why overseas adoptions have become so common.
There are many, many children in foster care and available for adoption but because the government makes it so difficult to adopt peole go to other countries.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:04 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schousse View Post
There are many, many children in foster care and available for adoption but because the government makes it so difficult to adopt peole go to other countries.
The problem is most of the children in foster care are NOT available for adoption. It takes a long time for the courts to finally sever parental rights. By that time the child is old enough to be considered "unadoptable." They need to stop giving so much time to neglectful/abusive parents to get their sh** together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma