Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard anything about these spook lights ? I've heard about them from several people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 09:32 AM

Location: Where deer are milk cows and hoot owls are chickens and near where Big Foot is occasionally seen.
105 posts, read 397,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Has anyone heard anything about these spook lights ? I've heard about them from several people.
Poachers spotlighting deer along the river at night...

Old 04-30-2010, 01:22 PM

Don't you roll your eyes at me, young man. Some people were talking about it, and I was curious.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:02 AM

Location: Where deer are milk cows and hoot owls are chickens and near where Big Foot is occasionally seen.
105 posts, read 397,712 times
I had not heard about the one at Chouteau. I knew there was one up around Seneca that I have always wanted to go see but I never made it up there.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:12 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
The light is the spirit of woman who sent her daughter out in the 1800s to round up cows that had wandered off the family’s property. When her daughter failed to return from her task, the mother is said to have gone mad in her search for the child. The light, which has been seen for more than 100 years in this region, is supposedly that of the mother’s lantern as she continues to search for her daughter, usually on foggy nights.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:32 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
I have seen the one in Seneca, MO.

Old 05-02-2010, 05:51 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
I'll tell my ugly lonely widowed sister to close her bedroom window blind, sorry , it won't happen again.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:49 PM

LOLS at EB. Okie 62, can you tell us about the one you saw?

Old 05-04-2010, 05:01 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
Jess5, I am 100% Okie but must have some Missouri in me too. Because there was no way in the world that I was going to believe in the spook light unless I saw it! Show me!

Ok a little about me. I have never done drugs. I drink a beer from time to time. I never got in trouble in school. At the time of this story my eye site was 20/15

about 15 years ago I had to go to Joplin, MO every weekend to help a close friend look after his elderly mother. My friend was from Joplin and we would talk about the spook light on our trips to Joplin. He told me when he was in High School they used to go out there to party but he had never seen the spook light. So I knew there was no way I was going to see the spook light because I was convinced there was no such thing as the Spook Light.

I think it was late Summer around 1994 or 95 we were on our way up to Joplin and I ask my friend if he wanted so see if we could find the Spook Light? So we went to Seneca, MO and took state line road and then turned left into Oklahoma. You knew you were back in Oklahoma because it is a nice paved road on the Missouri side and rough gravel road on the Okie side.

When we got about mile back into Oklahoma there was a church bus, about 15 auto and about 20 to 30 people standing in the road looking towards the west. It was about 10 or 11 PM. I ask what was going on? Its not every day you see such a crowd in the middle of the night on a rural Oklahoma road. A man about 30 years old said "we are looking at the spook light." Then I got kinda of excited and said have you seen it tonight???? He said, "Yeah, there it is down the road." All I could see was what looked like an outside light at a farm about a half mile down the road. So I ask again where is that light? All I can see is that street light. "Thats the Spook Light" he said. Then I thought, right.... these fools are seeing this street light and are thinking its the spook light. So I looked down the road for a minute or two and then ask my friend if he had enough and wanted to leave when all of a sudden it looked like the light jumped a little. At first I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me. You know if you look a light at night for a minute or two it looks like it moves around. But everyone gasped when it jumped. So everyone saw it jump at the same time. Then it jumped high into the air above the tree line.

OK now I am getting interested......

The light jumped up and down a few more minutes then it broke into to pieces one being 80% the other 20%. both pieces jumped up and down for about 3 minutes then the larger light started getting real bright then going very dim. It did this for a few more minutes and then it started flying what looked like a couple of hundred feet up into the sky and then the small piece followed it. The light then flew over our heads then landed in a clump of trees about a half mile to the east of us.

It did this three more times and then we left. I have not been the same since I have seen the spook light. I now have an open mind when people talk about strange unexplained events. It did not make a sound when it flew over us. It was as bright as a Coleman Lantern. I am educated enough to know that anything creating that much light takes energy.

I have been back a few more times and only saw it one more time.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 PM

Thank you so much. That is the position I am in. I'm hearing quite a bit about it, but, don't believe a word of it. We are headed to Vinita this week end, and my husband wants to look for it. How in the heck do you know where to find it? I'm going to send your post over to him. He's very interested because people are swearing to us that they've seen it, but, we didn't get details as you have provided. I love spooky, eerie things, but, I don't believe a word about them. I don't believe in UFO's because I think if they were around, more people would have seen them.
Great Post, thanks a lot. I'll let you know if we find it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma
View detailed profiles of: