Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 09:06 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,547,956 times

Advertisements

Concert to oppose Fremont law - Omaha.com

my comment on this:

are we really surprised? Oberst is a far left activist.

secondly, why does the omaha world herald always suck up to him. it is like Chris Matthews thrill up the leg moments with Obama when it comes to the OWH and Oberst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 11:04 AM

704 posts, read 1,872,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
Concert to oppose Fremont law - Omaha.com

my comment on this:

are we really surprised? Oberst is a far left activist.

secondly, why does the omaha world herald always suck up to him. it is like Chris Matthews thrill up the leg moments with Obama when it comes to the OWH and Oberst.

I agree with Conor. Don't really care about his music, but can't see anything worng with what he's saying.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:14 AM

152 posts, read 365,064 times
Shut up and sing Connor Oberst.

Old 07-08-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones View Post
Shut up and sing Connor Oberst.
I agree. his music is terrible. maybe if Connor focused on making his music somewhat listenable as much as he does on his far left activism, he might be taken seriously.

btw: he is a Creighton Prep grad and it shocks me that he talks about how much he and his family love OPS and have always supported OPS, when Connor graduated from Creighton Prep

if Mr. Oberst loves the OPS school system, I say Oberst rip up and PUBLICALLY renounce his Creighton Prep diploma and go to a OPS high school for 4 years.

Last edited by billiefan2000; 07-08-2010 at 11:25 AM..

Old 07-08-2010, 11:20 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,619,669 times
I honestly can't name a single song he sings. Is he in a band?

Old 07-08-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
I honestly can't name a single song he sings. Is he in a band?
no one can name a song he has done. he is more known for Olbermann-esque politics and screaming slurs at conservatives for attention

than for his music.

even the butt kissers of Connor's at the omaha world herald I would bet couldnt name a song of Oberst's.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:33 PM

48 posts, read 103,707 times
The millions of dollars he made from his music indicates that some people do know his songs. Music is a subjective taste, just because you do not like his brand of music does not mean that it is bad. I would be interested to know if you spaz like this when Ted Nugent is on Fox News. And by the way, Nugent isnt exactly Mozart. I think if you were a musician you would have at least an appreciation for the different forms of music. As far as him liking OPS even though he attended Prep, so what? I like OPS and I attended Skutt. After Skutt I taught in OPS. What's the big deal? I cant believe I took time out of my day to even respond to this nonsense. By the way, your taking the time to post about him indicates that he is taken seriously.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:24 PM

the point about Oberst I was saying is he pretends at times in interviews he is a OPS grad

while talking about how much OPS is better than everyone else and yet fails to be upfront about his Creighton prep days.

if he was honest about him being a CP grad I would tend to take him more seriously.

I btw am supportive and critical at times of OPS too but I actually am a OPS grad. I graduated from Omaha North in the late 1990's and am a proud Omaha North high grad too btw.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:30 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,196,195 times
By saying that he should 'shut-up' about opinions and you constantly flaunt yours reveals some of the worst anti-american traits.

This is basically what you are saying: "I can say whatever I want because I am an american with rights, but you 'leftist' pigs better shut up".

Can you see the irony in this thread?

Old 07-08-2010, 04:38 PM

i believe in free speech for both sides, but you see Oberst is someone who believes in supporting illegal aliens over the people of Fremont.

Oberst believes political ideology trumps facts. that is the mantra of many on the left and some on the right as well.

look, we need Immigration reform and a system to help those here illegally become us citizens if they are working and just here for a better life

and the immigration issue is a bit complicated and a thorny issue which I dont want to go into.

my comment is folks like Oberst believe the left's agenda is more important than actually addressing the immigration issue and calling for immigration reform.

btw to omahahonors: many on the far left want to over throw this country (i.e. have it be a Saul Alinsky and Karl Marx utopia)

there are many liberals who are sane, but radical liberals (aka the far left) like Jim Wallis and many of Obama's czars are psychotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha