Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2010, 03:53 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,547,326 times

Advertisements

but dont worry, the Police and Fire Unions and the OPS board 's lust for money by asking for more then they need for their personal bank accounts

and the mayor's private car payed for with tax dollars and the pay raises Suttle's flunkies have gotten are more important than people keeping their jobs

================================================== ===

Shortage of Inspectors Leads to Delay of Business Opening

Omaha, NE- The owner of the Bagel Bin, which was destroyed by fire in January, is trying to open again. She says a shortage in city inspectors is slowing the process.

Susan Brezack says she's been trying to reopen the business, at 119th and Pacific Streets, since early this year.

"Now we're still waiting for the inspectors again. We're waiting for them to ok the blueprints again," Brezack said.

The building burnt down in January after an accidental oven fire. Brezack says it would already be open if there were enough building inspectors. They're required to approve the plans and make sure the building is safe.

"I'm going to be sitting here waiting. I'm going to be waiting because no one can do anything without them," Brezack said.

more... Shortage of Inspectors Leads to Delay of Business Opening - Action 3 News - Omaha, Nebraska News, Weather, and Sports | (http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12941921 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 03:27 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
but dont worry, the Police and Fire Unions and the OPS board 's lust for money by asking for more then they need for their personal bank accounts

and the mayor's private car payed for with tax dollars and the pay raises Suttle's flunkies have gotten are more important than people keeping their jobs
Do I need to start dragging out facts again Billie?

Old 08-09-2010, 09:10 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,547,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Do I need to start dragging out facts again Billie?
that some on the police union and ops board are corrupt? cause we all know that fact

Old 08-09-2010, 10:26 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,471,124 times
I guess I don't know the facts. Is the police union and OPS people demanding certain things and the city is just rolling over?

Or is the city making outragously expensive offers?

Old 08-09-2010, 10:26 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,074,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
that some on the police union and ops board are corrupt? cause we all know that fact
Define "corrupt".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: