Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 10:23 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,758,112 times

Advertisements

While I never really liked them in the past, they won me over. My uncle tragically passed away this weekend in an accident and they took the time to do a news segment on how amazing of a guy he was. They didnt need to do that. They could have just left the headline as a "shocker" or "tragic" news story, but they didnt. They chose to follow up and do a segment on him and how he loved his family.

I cant thank channel 3 enough on doing this for the family.

Man Dies After Fall from Tree - Action 3 News - Omaha, Nebraska News, Weather, and Sports | (http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=13386387 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 09:02 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,470,609 times
Thoughts and prayers with you on the loss. I don't doubt the sincerity or the good hearts of any of the news people. I'm sure they are good people that mean well. Sometimes their news delivery and professionalism makes me chuckle, but it's things like this that really show they are decent caring people, although they aren't the most ideal news people.

Old 10-26-2010, 03:36 PM

3,098 posts, read 7,545,403 times
I am sorry for your loss rezfreak.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:05 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,986,894 times
i'm very sorry to hear of your tragic loss. i am glad they did do a nice story on your uncle. stations sometimes do human interest stories, other times they just seem to look the other way. i wrote channel 3 about a little girl from a small northwest missouri town that was in need of a double lung transplant. the locals were trying to raise money for her. a guy on a car forum i belong to works with the childs father, thats how i heard about it. anyway, i wrote the news director and asked him if he would consider doing a piece on this 9 year old girl, as its a sad story about a heartland childs difficult life battle and efforts to be able to get a transplant. i never got a reply of any sort at all. i realize they are busy and that it wasnt exactly local, but it left a bad taste in my mouth to not receive even a well worded, no. after my initial letter i followed up, and still no reply, compassion and good taste, i felt none. the good news is that she did have the transplant in the summer and last i heard was doing pretty well.

again, im sorry about the loss you and your family have suffered, rezfreak.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:23 PM

216 posts, read 951,810 times
Sorry for the loss of your uncle.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:49 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Sorry to hear about your uncle, but glad to see the news made his legacy public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nebraska > Omaha
View detailed profiles of: